Options

Which Canadian PJ hockey jersey do you like best?

Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
edited May 2016 in The Porch

Which Canadian PJ hockey jersey do you like best? 92 votes

Ottawa
13%
quarterto10rockpantsCopperToma5pjGP179117RoleModelsinBlood31ChrisileinSputNickLeezestarr313cojoboiwasatpj20ambst95 12 votes
Quebec
39%
Horse2345rjwhite19bosshogg18MayDay10djsmootnycmalepipes5977stawamussmarcheepjfan98OgnitNamiPJBankergotthebottleVeddermbshepceskajervin007Tim SimmonsCJ23113 36 votes
Toronto (blue)
29%
cincybearcatmavericknalyd61DeLukinon2legsmikesbriayladogmattcozCW55354pineapplesandwaves.BS90546JB111896RP112579StevieGIgotshitIDFlyingwBLACK35eeriepadavejeff2040nicknyr15 27 votes
Toronto (white)
18%
evsgjammPA JammerAbe FromanmdkohnDisco Portlandgotsome420Release EVmpar17bigguybigeyecjw0984pearldavidsonBig Bank HankGarasaurasPeyton18Pearl34JamSmallestOceansTheCrazyNinja23 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Quebec
    But not worth near $180
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528
    Toronto (white)
    Maybe I'm just used to the old home colours, but I like the white one.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Toronto (white)
    $180 is larceny though. That's a bit steep. Wouldn't pay $100 for it.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Toronto (white)
    Sadly they are selling those fuckers for like $300 or $400 bucks on EBay, I wish they would offer some more through the website, maybe like 250 of each one, the Toronto II poster they are going for more than the Wrigley Cracker Jack's, fucking sucks that these fuckers go to the show then fleece PJ fans
  • Options
    cjw0984cjw0984 Posts: 28
    Toronto (white)

Sadly they are selling those fuckers for like $300 or $400 bucks on EBay, I wish they would offer some more through the website, maybe like 250 of each one, the Toronto II poster they are going for more than the Wrigley Cracker Jack's, fucking sucks that these fuckers go to the show then fleece PJ fans

I see people asking 300 or 400 but I see no bids at that price point.
    Just another kid of the 90's who loves Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Toronto (white)
    cjw0984 said:

Yes, but the intention behind it is the disgusting part, a real fan of a band wouldn't try to fleece other fans of that band
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    I was thinking about the blue leafs jersey while in line and a girl behind me was trying to say get it you don't want to regret it. I spread $150 out on posters, hat, shirt, stickers, key chain... Don't regret that. Poster was the key and I don't collect posters, just a huge Pearl Jam and Blue Jays fan so had to get this one. $180 for the jersey just made me stop and think. I can afford it but got lots of jerseys that sit in my closet now. Just not something I wear everyday like a t-shirt or hat. Too each their own though... I do think they looked very nice and the Quebec one was my favourite I think mainly for the nostalgia. Now if they had a Jays jersey or Expos jersey...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
    I like them all!

Though if there was a Boston Bruins Pearl Jam jersey ...

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    Toronto (blue)
    Blue Leafs jersey makes me wish I was Canadian or a Leafs fan or both.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Toronto (white)

cjw0984 said:

Yes, but the intention behind it is the disgusting part, a real fan of a band wouldn't try to fleece other fans of that band
    I could be wrong but my interpretation of listings like those is that the owner truly wants to keep it. They just threw the listing up there to see if someone is absolutely desperate to have one and willing to spend crazy money to get it. I don't blame them or get bent out of shape over it.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Ottawa
    cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

I could be wrong but my interpretation of listings like those is that the owner truly wants to keep it. They just threw the listing up there to see if someone is absolutely desperate to have one and willing to spend crazy money to get it. I don't blame them or get bent out of shape over it.
    Seriously? Well ok, but perhaps you're new to the PJ merch game then.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Toronto (white)

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

I said I could be wrong. But all those jerseys listed for 300 - 400 aren't selling. They are just sitting there.
  • Options
    Ottawa
    cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

I said I could be wrong. But all those jerseys listed for 300 - 400 aren't selling. They are just sitting there.
    The tour isn't over yet. While I do think those prices are high, after the tour is over you'll see those sell for a pretty hefty fee. There's people who pay a lot of money for this stuff, it never ceases to amaze.
  • Options
    Toronto (white)

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

The tour isn't over yet. While I do think those prices are high, after the tour is over you'll see those sell for a pretty hefty fee. There's people who pay a lot of money for this stuff, it never ceases to amaze.
    I'll be curious to see what they go for after the tour. I am by no means an expert. I just think sometimes people get hung up on what people are asking for Merch and failing to pay attention to what things actually sell for. There is often a huge difference. As an example that Benny being listed for 7k is not going to happen. The only Benny with bids on it is not even going for 1k. That tells me the person who is selling that Benny isn't really that interested in parting with it. If he/she was really wanting to move it, it would be priced more in the market.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    Toronto (white)
    I think they are all awesome. Toss up between Quebec and white Toronto. I actually found the white Toronto on the Bay for $150 free shipping. Feel like I totally lucked out as I wouldn't pay a penny more.

Something about the classic white Leafs jersey is just cool. One of my favorite sports jerseys ever. But man that Quebec one is pretty sweet too. Would love to have one someday.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Quebec
    I wouldn't wear a jersey that isn't a real hockey jersey. These kinds of hokey band-branded jerseys just aren't my thing if you're talking actually walking around in public wearing one. But I like the Quebec one most because the Nordiques don't exist anymore so I don't find it threatening. :lol: Plus, Patrick Roy is one of my favorite NHL players ever, so the Colorado/Nordiques connection is tapped here in my head. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ottawa
    cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

cjw0984 said:

I'll be curious to see what they go for after the tour. I am by no means an expert. I just think sometimes people get hung up on what people are asking for Merch and failing to pay attention to what things actually sell for. There is often a huge difference. As an example that Benny being listed for 7k is not going to happen. The only Benny with bids on it is not even going for 1k. That tells me the person who is selling that Benny isn't really that interested in parting with it. If he/she was really wanting to move it, it would be priced more in the market.
    I totally agree- Of course there's idiots out there, but if you're spending more than market value that's your own fault. The 7k Benny is obviously not going to sell- there's been a few jerseys that sold high already, like 280 with a few bids. I bet they settle at around 225, hype is minimal. I don't follow the attire much anymore but vinyl I know a little more about. Big money gets spent- keep an eye on the Toronto bird poster, that one seems to have a following already.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Raptors PJ Jersey
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Quebec
    I'm biased, but I think this jersey kicks ass
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited May 2016
    Quebec
    jervin007 said:

I'm biased, but I think this jersey kicks ass

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    The jerseys are decent.... wouldn't pay a penny over $75 for one. I'm a Red Wings fan living in the Toronto area, so I wouldn't wear any of the jerseys they sold over the past ten days :)
    ..... I was very surprised to see the poster still available in the Union/ACC concourse around 7:50 when I arrived. The poster sold out ten people ahead of me - life goes on. What's most important is that the two Toronto shows were incredible!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Toronto (blue)
    Need a Blackhawks jersey, with the Indian head's face replaced with Ed's.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    The jerseys cost $180 each???!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LukinFan said:

Yep. $180 CDN total. Includes GST, PST, HST etc.. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Quebec
    LukinFan said:

Crazy eh?? Real authentic hockey jerseys are cheaper, so i have no clue who decided fake jerseys should cost so much (or, if they cost just that much to produce for some reason, why they would go that route at all). There is no way I would spend that much on those things. But they're that much because enough fans are so willing to be ripped off.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Quebec
    PJ_Soul said:

LukinFan said:

Crazy eh?? Real authentic hockey jerseys are cheaper, so i have no clue who decided fake jerseys should cost so much (or, if they cost just that much to produce for some reason, why they would go that route at all). There is no way I would spend that much on those things. But they're that much because enough fans are so willing to be ripped off.
    Real authentic jerseys are actually in the $350 range.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    The quality on these jerseys are pretty good.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Quebec
    Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

LukinFan said:

Sorry, I'm talking about the jerseys that fans buy to wear to games, which are the comparable product for these PJ things, not the actual player jerseys. Bad choice of words with authentic. The jerseys sold from NHL.com and at the hockey arenas run from about $130 to $170 CAD.
  • Options
    Quebec
    PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

LukinFan said:

Sorry, I'm talking about the jerseys that fans buy to wear to games, which are the comparable product for these PJ things, not the actual player jerseys. Bad choice of words with authentic. The jerseys sold from NHL.com and at the hockey arenas run from about $130 to $170 CAD.
    Yes the replica jerseys run around the same price as the PJ ones, look like similar quality.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Quebec
    I like them all, except Ottawa. I don't like the Senators so I can't like the jersey.