Selfies with Hijackers

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,396
    it's not funny at all. should you really be approaching an unstable human who has a bomb that might be real strapped to him? the guy is a giant douche bag and a selfish look at me prick. that's just my opinion though.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ckravitz said:

Imagine the fear and dread the passengers on this plane had before coming to understand that the belt was a fake. Real fucking humorous. But hey someone got to make it about them. Endemic in this country among the selfie crowd.

I thought about this as well and from reading another article, that's exactly what the passengers experienced.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    ckravitz said:

Imagine the fear and dread the passengers on this plane had before coming to understand that the belt was a fake. Real fucking humorous. But hey someone got to make it about them. Endemic in this country among the selfie crowd.

+1

To me it's stupid beyond belief.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • After all is said and done... when you think about it... it kinda took the power away from the f**kwad with the bomb belt.

Hijacker: "Don't anybody move or I'll blow this plane to pieces."

Gasps. Shrieks. Disbelief.

Selfie guy; "Hey. Before you blow it up, can I take my picture with you?"

Hijacker: "Just one. Then I gotta get back to terrorizing everyone."

Selfie guy: "Okay. Thanks a lot man! Good luck with your terrorizing!"

Hijacker is a loser- he can't even get the attention of the plane he's hijacked with a bomb belt.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • But don't get me wrong.

Really really stupid.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    what bugs me is that some find this so damn funny. hopefully we never have to be together trapped upside down in a burning wheelchair or mobile home theme park because you'd really get on my nerves
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2016
    "here.....take a picture real quick of me and the hijacker" image
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited March 2016

After all is said and done... when you think about it... it kinda took the power away from the f**kwad with the bomb belt.

Hijacker: "Don't anybody move or I'll blow this plane to pieces."

Gasps. Shrieks. Disbelief.

Selfie guy; "Hey. Before you blow it up, can I take my picture with you?"

Hijacker: "Just one. Then I gotta get back to terrorizing everyone."

Selfie guy: "Okay. Thanks a lot man! Good luck with your terrorizing!"

Hijacker is a loser- he can't even get the attention of the plane he's hijacked with a bomb belt.

How can people not see the humour in this?
    That scenario is right out of an SNL skit.
    Sometimes a tense situation needs a class clown.
    If the picture put people in danger, not cool....but if it was already established that the 'bomber' wasn't a threat and approaching him didn't matter...then I don't see the harm.
    I have to wonder how much of the bitching about the pic is actually situational, and how much of it is coming from people who ALWAYS have a chip on their shoulder about modern technology - kids having phones, selfies in general, facebook, texting in social situations etc etc....some people really really hate that shit and would see this as an extension of that. I'd bet there is a correlation there for sure.

Drowned, valid points - but for me it's not so much the technology itself but in how it's (ab)used in ways; seems to have inflated the egos of some, along with their narcissism. Why must every stupid aspect of life be photographed and posted? Why can't someone walk down the street without staring into their phone (and walking into me - thanks asshole!).

It's just weird to me, and especially in this instance, where someone was so fucked in the head to sport a fake bomb, scare the holy shit out of a lot of people, and then fellow passenger thinks....

....ah, I give up =)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,058
    This is the guy who sits next to you on a cross-country flight and never shuts up. Garlic and onions on the breath, too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Yet another reason I'll never fly again!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,699
    The wife and I had a good chuckle and agreed that thankfully the guy wasn't an American...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Why does everyone need to be a victim these days? This guy clearly wasn't.

Making lemonade from lemons, this guy is a legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsdbKQ8SrOk
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    The reason why I find it ridiculously hilarious is the culture of America. The "Look at Me!!!" mentality with just about "anyone they can find".
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,699
    Free said:

The reason why I find it ridiculously hilarious is the culture of America. The "Look at Me!!!" mentality with just about "anyone they can find".

Yeah, except this guy is British...
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

The reason why I find it ridiculously hilarious is the culture of many countries. The "Look at Me!!!" mentality with just about "anyone they can find".

Yeah, except this guy is British...
    Fixed.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,165
    Well I gather some folks just have to feel or appear to be important. This kind of imagery is not funny by any means, it's rather sad really. Want to feel important create something, provide a service for the underprivileged and the praises of this world will come to one without much adoration.

That said I'm surprised this man was not punched in the head for this stunt. I'm glad all appear to be safe and well. I can just imagine what the families of those on the plane went through with this stunt/crime.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• What's funny is people arguing if it is funny or not.
    That's funny, I mean the pic is funny, I mean, this whole thing is funny.
    Funny, funny, funny :rofl:
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    not really
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,165

What's funny is people arguing if it is funny or not.
    That's funny, I mean the pic is funny, I mean, this whole thing is funny.
    Funny, funny, funny :rofl:

If it's that funny to you, then please go tell the families of those on board that plane how funny it was. I doubt if they'll crack a smile.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    Holy crap trainers,
    Unless you live on the train this entire thread is funny as a duck.

edit - funny as a wheelchair upsidedown

Holy crap trainers,
    Unless you live on the train this entire thread is funny as a duck.

edit - funny as a wheelchair upsidedown

Alrighty then.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,944
    It's so ridiculous u have to laugh, really you do.
    I can laugh (and have) at the ridiculous and the morbid and the inappropriate, but to keep pushing the "it's funny" thing when there was legitimate fear?

Not getting it.
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    He said he did it to get the bomb studied....Not so sure "Look at me" was the intention
    But studied by that photo? And with the comment accompanying it. Wouldn't it be examined in person after the fact anyway?

And I don't know about intent, but the facial expression seems pretty close to "look at me".
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    TL170678 said:

He said he did it to get the bomb studied....Not so sure "Look at me" was the intention

I think it's more likely he realized he is a jackass after the fact and tried to rationalize it somehow.
  • No one knows how they will react when faced with a life threatening situation.
    He acted how he acted.
    Now he is somehow worse than the bomber to some posters here, jeesh. smh

No one knows how they will react when faced with a life threatening situation.
    He acted how he acted.
    Now he is somehow worse than the bomber to some posters here, jeesh. smh

Whatever, I think he acted like an idiot.

Has anyone said he's worse than the fake bomber, who probably has some major mental issues?

And yeah, I'm with WYTM on the rationalization.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He should have judo-chopped the mo'fo if he was able to get that close.

Instead he took a selfie. I hope he gets food poisoning from his next trip to Chipotle.