Selfies with Hijackers

13»

Comments

• Jason P said:

He should have judo-chopped the mo'fo if he was able to get that close.

Instead he took a selfie. I hope he gets food poisoning from his next trip to Chipotle.

He should've but with the crazy system he probably would've been charged with aggravated assault.
    Then a thread would most likely ensue on the train about how stupid cops are.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Can you imagine being scared shitless with a suicide bomber on your plane and some dipshit takes a selfie with him?

He deserved Ellis' fate ...

• Obviously the situation was not as extreme as everyone is making it out to be. The guy was a deranged nutjob and an ordinary normal sane guy recognized it for what it was. Bullshit.
    If anything he probably calmed a lot of fear.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Obviously the situation was not as extreme as everyone is making it out to be. The guy was a deranged nutjob and an ordinary normal sane guy recognized it for what it was. Bullshit.

Obviously? Really?

There were people on the plane crying and panicked and thinking that was the end of the line for them.

And someone taking a picture afterwards is somehow calming?

Doesn't make sense to me.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited April 2016
    hedonist said:

Obviously the situation was not as extreme as everyone is making it out to be. The guy was a deranged nutjob and an ordinary normal sane guy recognized it for what it was. Bullshit.

Obviously? Really?

There were people on the plane crying and panicked and thinking that was the end of the line for them.

And someone taking a picture afterwards is somehow calming?

Doesn't make sense to me.
    Watch the video in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3518948/If-died-died-unafraid-EgyptAir-hostage-says-took-smiling-selfie-hijacker-man-not-just-faceless-victim-reconsider-detonating-suicide-vest.html

There were only 4 passengers and crew left on the plane when this picture was taken.The crew took the picture and they were laughing as they did it. Hardly the scared/ crying people that some have made them out to be.

The people vilifying this guy are trying to find outrage and are off base.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Can't watch the video at the moment, but even if there were only a handful of people still on the plane, there were others who were on it before and who were really frightened. How does the laughing "selfie" afterward make up for what they went through and how, as PJFan declared, were they calmed by it?

Anyway, I still think he's a jackass.
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    hedonist said:

Can't watch the video at the moment, but even if there were only a handful of people still on the plane, there were others who were on it before and who were really frightened. How does the laughing "selfie" afterward make up for what they went through and how, as PJFan declared, were they calmed by it?

please stop talking about me like that
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2016
    This picture represents a bully making fun of a weak ill person. Look at the hijacker. He's beat. Broken. Like making fun of the handicapped. Find no humoiur.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen said:

This picture represents a bully making fun if a weak ill person. Look at the hijacker. He's beat. Broken. Like making fun of the handicapped. Find no humoiur only disgust.

And here we go!
    Let's turn this selfie into something completely what it's not.
    Wow.
    Now the suicide bomber guy is to be felt sorry for.
    the article's address "hijack pics or it didn't happen" - also genius
  • rollings said:

That avatar is awesome.
    Love it.

rollings said:

That avatar is awesome.
    Love it.
    yours too
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

callen said:

This picture represents a bully making fun if a weak ill person. Look at the hijacker. He's beat. Broken. Like making fun of the handicapped. Find no humoiur only disgust.

And here we go!
    Let's turn this selfie into something completely what it's not.
    That happened with the title of the article and of this thread. It isn't a selfie.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:

callen said:

And here we go!
    Let's turn this selfie picture into something completely what it's not.
    That happened with the title of the article and of this thread. It isn't a selfie.

Fixed.
    And for the record I don't call this a selfie either. It's a picture.
  • callen said:

This picture represents a bully making fun of a weak ill person. Look at the hijacker. He's beat. Broken. Like making fun of the handicapped. Find no humoiur.

Yah.

Poor hijacker.

Geezuz man. Seriously?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

callen said:

Yah.

Poor hijacker.

Geezuz man. Seriously?
    pssst.....he was kidding....tell neverleave too :sunglasses:
  • rollings said:

callen said:

Yah.

Poor hijacker.

Geezuz man. Seriously?
    I'll let him speak to that. I don't think he was... but if he was... sorry for not recognizing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    Any way you slice this the bottom line was that it was done in bad taste. Is the guy who posed for the picture a jackass? Yes. Should he be so vilified for what he has done? Probably not but regardless what a stupid thing to do. Was it funny? I guess a little, in a strange farcical way- you laugh but know you shouldn't be laughing because the situation does not warrant laughter.
  • callen said:

Thank you for your support.
  • rollings said:

hedonist said:

please stop talking about me like that
    :rofl:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The only person that was calmed down by King Hippo's decision to take a selfie with a bomber was probably the poor bastard sitting next to King Hippo, crammed against the window with no air. That dude was probably
    praying for the mercy of swift death.

rollings said:

callen said:

Yah.

Poor hijacker.

Geezuz man. Seriously?
    I'll let him speak to that. I don't think he was... but if he was... sorry for not recognizing.
    if he was not kidding then that would be weird. sorry callen. but then how could posing with someone be considered making fun of someone
    ?
  • Jason P said:

The only person that was calmed down by King Hippo's decision to take a selfie with a bomber was probably the poor bastard sitting next to King Hippo, crammed against the window with no air. That dude was probably
    praying for the mercy of swift death.

I tried to read and re-read your post and it brought me to this.
  • rollings said:

rollings said:

That avatar is awesome.
    Love it.
    yours too
    Bump to see rollings avatar splattered on AMT.
    When you post now I SALTS.
    PJ cancelling is bigger news this hijacker/selfie.
    Funny shit your avatar is SALTS.

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Jason P said:

Can you imagine being scared shitless with a suicide bomber on your plane and some dipshit takes a selfie with him?

He deserved Ellis' fate ...

Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]