Options

Ideas on how to improve Ten Club Tickets system

There should be some system in place on Pearl Jams website where you can resell your Ten Club tickets to other ten club members only for FACE VALUE ONLY if you end up not being able to go after you already purchased them. To have to drive all the way to the arena the day of the show just to get them to sell to another fan is ridiculous. especially if its out of state.
1 you wouldnt eat the ticket, if something came up where you couldnt attend after you bought them.
2. reselling to a Ten club only member at the same price you paid for is fair and it cuts out scalpers.
3. You wouldnt have to drive to the venue day of the show just to get the tickets for a show you cant attend just to make your money back.
4. Tickets could still be day of show pick up, with the ten club member info updated to the new member after the resell on the site.
This seems like it wouldnt be that hard, agree.. disagree?
2023 Austin 1 & 2
Ottawa 09/03
MSG 1 & 2
2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
2012 Atlanta 09/22
2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
2006 Albany 05/12
2005 Philadelphia 10/03
2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27

Comments

• Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    maybe just add a VERY small service fee for the transfer
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    After thinking about it. It would have to work in the way of you refunding your ticket back to the tenclub. all refunds would have to be finalized a week before the show of the ticket you got. Then the tenclub could post a small lotto of somesort of all the refunded tickets to that show. A Day lotto or something. that way the ten club isnt losing money and the reseller isnt gaining money... That would also stop friend transfers... But I agree this would be taxing on the ten club. just spit ballin here but theres gotta be some way.
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited January 2016
    Must be a computer program for that, no?
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    ally12ally12 Ottawa Posts: 68
    i feel that everyone on here should get tickets regardless. Why would you want 80 % of people in your stands watch you that only know the greatest hits?
    2011: PJ20- Ottawa, Canada
    2016: PJ25- Ottawa, Canada
    2020: Ottawa, Canada, QC City 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I think the current system works great.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    ally12 said:

i feel that everyone on here should get tickets regardless. Why would you want 80 % of people in your stands watch you that only know the greatest hits?

Everyone has to be a casual fan at some point. It would be unfair to those people. Also, Pearl Jam doesn't decide how many tickets to give to their fan club. It's done in partnership with the venue and the ticket vendor.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904
    AlaG said:

ally12 said:

Everyone has to be a casual fan at some point. It would be unfair to those people. Also, Pearl Jam doesn't decide how many tickets to give to their fan club. It's done in partnership with the venue and the ticket vendor.
    If only PJ defeated TM in '95...
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Part of the problem with this strategy is more people will enter the lottery for more shows and it will be even harder to win tix. I think the way they do it keeps people from entering the lottery for shows they might not be able to make. Plus, if you are on the fence, don't buy fc tickets and you can usually always end up with a single or a pair from a fellow 10C member down the road.
    Gorge
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited January 2016
    I like this policy. I feel like opening transfers and cancellations would lead to foul play with tickets and make it harder for members to obtain tickets. 25% sure I could attend a show? Put in for it, can always cancel/transfer... People also would try to get all they can to try to "trade" through the transfer process.

To me, the perfect system is:
    Lottery as it is now. No GA or Reserved piles, just one 10c for every show. At purchase you can check a box that opts out of GA.

They select the shows. First round for all shows are done. Those who won are set-aside. Those still in it who didnt win go on to their second choice, and so on. When you get to the end when either everyone has tickets or there are no more rounds of choices, you start over at the second choices for those who obtained tickets and so forth until all tickets are gone, or choices for everyone are exhausted. Sounds complicated, but I feel with my above average computer knowledge, I could write a program/app that can do this.

Once you have the pools of successful lottery winners for each show, everyone is notified that they have tickets for XXX show or shows.

Then at some point, they randomly select who will get to GA tickets, the rest seated by seniority. Wouldnt hate it if the 1st row on the wings were also 'lottery'.

People walk up to the ticket window the day of the show and they give you your seat location on a printout/stub. To get it, you use the credit card you paid for the tickets and they print out your stub right there as you walk in (which I have seen at shows).

For the GA line, people are welcome to wait any time after they pick up their tickets. A half hour before the doors open, they hand out numbers. They randomly select a number that signifies the start of the line. Everyone walks into the show in civilized fashion.

It is airtight. Its fair in every way, eliminates scalping, any gaming of the system whatsoever, line and the list, the need to wait in line for 12 hours, and gives a chance for anyone in the seniority system an equal chance to be up front. It also gives everyone a crack at getting tickets before people can obtain 2 for the same shows
  • Options
    You pick your top show... Then there is an option to draw for GA. So you get chosen for a seat. Then if you agreed to GA you get selected for that draw. Then they back fill the reserved people who ended up with floor. That way you make sure your #1 show you at least get in the door. This system is really dangerous. Cause if you dont get GA you have to wait for all those members with worse numbers to get reserved just cause they had it at priority 1. Its a joke. the show is the priority the seats are a preference.
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • Options

You pick your top show... Then there is an option to draw for GA. So you get chosen for a seat. Then if you agreed to GA you get selected for that draw. Then they back fill the reserved people who ended up with floor. That way you make sure your #1 show you at least get in the door. This system is really dangerous. Cause if you dont get GA you have to wait for all those members with worse numbers to get reserved just cause they had it at priority 1. Its a joke. the show is the priority the seats are a preference.

Im not sure I understand, but I think you are agreeing with me :)
  • Options
    Can't do transfers. It would be way too easy to have multiple memberships with different names and credit cards of family and friends that you could transfer to yourself then sell at show. At least now you have to have a legit 2nd person that's willing to go to ticket window with you.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited January 2016

Can't do transfers. It would be way too easy to have multiple memberships with different names and credit cards of family and friends that you could transfer to yourself then sell at show. At least now you have to have a legit 2nd person that's willing to go to ticket window with you.

This - I think one of the reasons they stopped transfers (you could back in the day) was people with low 10c number would try for every show and then transfer to their friends. Yes this happened.

Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    And now people sign up their toddlers and bring them to the box office with a kids passport. Yes, this happened too, apparently.

I'm with what MayDay10 said. Maybe if we talk about the check GA off/ on option long enough, they will take note and start seeing the positive side of it.

Good luck to all today.
  • Options
    I know it would make things a little more complicated... but I would also like to see some sort of "if ______, then ____" choice. That way if I put in for 3 shows, say... to protect myself from being completely shut out, I could choose a contingency like a lesser demand show. I don't want to go to Greenville if I get either/or toronto and ottawa, say... but if I get shUT out of both, and there are still Greenville tickets left on my 3rd round (or deeper)... then I could get those. If I previously won tickets, then I'd be taken out of greenville.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904

And now people sign up their toddlers and bring them to the box office with a kids passport. Yes, this happened too, apparently.

This is so embarrassing!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Oh yeah. A pool of ga singles for each show too. It would increase the winners as well as increase the number of fan club members in ga.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited January 2016
    Here's what you do.

A week before the show, you do a "second chance." If you can't go, you can put BOTH your tickets back in the pool. One week before the show, it's the old F5 system. The "second chance" opens the moment someone wins...from the moment they win their tickets, they can put them back into the second chance lotto.

From then on, the same rules apply.

HOWEVER... if you already have tickets, you are ineligible to enter the second chance lotto. This would be to prevent people from getting two pairs of tickets to the same show. If you put your tickets into the second chance lotto, you are ineligible to re-buy. This would be to prevent people from "bumping up" into a better location.

The second chance is ONLY for people who missed out on the first sale.

However, I have a feeling that once things shift into "tour mode," it's probably impossible for them to do this. They have thousands of tickets, thousands of envelopes, etc.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited January 2016
    For the initial on-sale, here's an idea. All dates and numbers are arbitrary, just to give an idea:

Members 1 through 100,000 have a pre-sale from 7/1 at 10 AM through 7/3 at 10 AM.
    Members 100,001 through 199,999 have a pre-sale from 7/3 from 10 AM through 7/5 10 AM.
    Members 200,000 through 299,999 have a pre-sale from 7/5 10 AM through 7/7 10 AM.

And so on and so forth.

Earlier members have that as a benefit. You could still buy tickets AFTER your window, you'd' just have less of a chance because more people would be allowed to buy.

No lotto, straight F5 system.

In other words, instead of a free-for-all, just slowly open the proverbial floodgates.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited January 2016

For the initial on-sale, here's an idea. All dates and numbers are arbitrary, just to give an idea:

Members 1 through 100,000 have a pre-sale from 7/1 at 10 AM through 7/3 at 10 AM.
    Members 100,001 through 199,999 have a pre-sale from 7/3 from 10 AM through 7/5 10 AM.
    Members 200,000 through 299,999 have a pre-sale from 7/5 10 AM through 7/7 10 AM.

And so on and so forth.

Earlier members have that as a benefit. You could still buy tickets AFTER your window, you'd' just have less of a chance because more people would be allowed to buy.

In other words, instead of a free-for-all, just slowly open the proverbial floodgates.

That wouldn't be a good business practice for someone trying to get new members. Need to offer all members same chance to buy either F5 or lottery. Otherwise why would anyone new ever sign up?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

And so on and so forth.

That wouldn't be a good business practice for someone trying to get new members. Need to offer all members same chance to buy either F5 or lottery. Otherwise why would anyone new ever sign up?
    This is a good point that is made often. Something the old guard doesn't seem to take into account is the resurgence of popularity, PJ is a bigger draw now than they were 10 years ago. Ultimately, I feel like the band wants to give everyone a fair chance.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    edited January 2016
    Identify your seat!
    Here's why, I went to a show and got called to a ticket window. The guy handed me my tickets, then someone called him off the window to do something else. I ended up with a private party box seat at the top far end of the arena. I drove from SC to Tampa to see that show. I was so pissed off that I left early. If I would have known where my seat was, I could have argued that it was incorrect. But it was a "VIP ticket" aka corporate sponsor and I didn't know what that meant when I got it.
    Post edited by encompassing trip on
  • Options
    I do think priority should be given to the closest show to you for you to get a ticket, also for shows with two nights, there should be some sort of option to go for both as first selection, but only able to win one, also dont like that the seats and standing are separate options, draw for the show, with an option to got for both or just seats. But adding to many rules would be difficult. This will be my second show, first was TO night 2 in 2011... that f5, took forever to get in, spent way to long on it, got to the enter card info so many times, only for it to crash, now with the lotto.. a few clicks then just waiting, stressful suspenseful waiting, but not time wasting
    2011: Toronto #2
  • Options
    Send an email alert when the drawing deadline is near. I missed it by a few hours (obviously). Now the show is sold out within minutes and I have no tickets :(
  • Options
    canadiacanadia Posts: 8
    edited February 2016
    I had a terrible experience where weather cancelled all the flights to Detroit the day of the concert, so my 2 paid-for seats sat unclaimed for no reason. [I'd booked a flight to arrive in Detroit by lunchtime, but every effing flight was cancelled. I cried in the Toronto city airport (then felt like an idiot because "I'm missing a concert" isn't a valid reason for public waterworks). Even worse, I let down a fellow member. I had planned to sell my 2nd ticket to a Ten Club member when I got there but he got screwed out of going to the concert because I couldn't get to the venue to claim the tickets and give him one.
    Bottom line--there needs to be a way that last-minute (within 2 hours) unable-to-attend folks can release their tickets. Maybe if you have to do this, you sacrifice your ticket payment (because ultimately it's our own fault we didn't arrive 2 days early or prevent bad weather) but any proceeds for selling the last-minute tickets goes to the Foundation or local causes? I didn't care that I'd paid for my tickets and wouldn't get to attend so much as I was upset that I paid for tickets and no one would be in those seats. There's no excuse for empty seats at a PJ concert, damnit, especially since that person I had promised a ticket to was also out of luck.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    edited February 2016
    A ticketmaster transfer system would be perfect but my goodness that too present and advanced for 10c.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    Ticket transfers among members only would be a really good option IMO. That way we could trade tix or pass on our spares within the club without the risk of one or the other bailing right before the show, and would allow people to collect payment for the ticket they are selling (face value obviously) before the day of the show. Keeps all tickets with 10C members. If there was a PayPal payment necessarily attached to the transfer, that would be even better. That way, 10C could set the face value price and ensure that no one is selling for more than that using the transfer system.
    Also, please sell singles! I guess 10C doesn't do that because of seat assignments?? I don't see why this would be such a big deal though. You can assign single seats just as easily as pairs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    It should be a live lottery with members of the band picking names out of a hat and announcing winners. That would be fairest...

Until Stone sneezes and blows all the bits of paper into the air, ruining it for everyone.
  • Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    edited February 2016
    Single seat purchase option.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The MMJ fanclub has a time window or an hour or so in presales that allows older members to get first dibs at tickets. Maybe that would be an option.