Options

Star Wars Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    MayDay10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Ahhh!  Is it as good as they say??  I know it is, I just know it deep in my heart lol
    I would say no, it isn't.    
      I would agree. Posted my initial thoughts in the spoiler thread. Enjoyable at times and definitely worth seeing but disappointing overall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    rgambs said:
    Wow, I knew today and tomorrow would be tough, but I'm dying with anticipation lol
    I want to join the spoilers thread with reviews and questions and new theories.

Ahhh!  Is it as good as they say??  I know it is, I just know it deep in my heart lol
    Don't go in that spoiler thread. Someone spilled all the beans.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    JK_Livin said:
    rgambs said:
    Wow, I knew today and tomorrow would be tough, but I'm dying with anticipation lol

That's what a spoiler thread is for.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, spoiler threads are great and I look forward to joining that club lol

Until then, I shouldn't even be in this thread!  Playing with fire.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Loved it!
    It wasn't perfect, but I'm seeing ridiculous criticism over the web that makes me wonder if these people even like Star Wars, or even movies in general lol
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    It wasn't perfect, but I'm seeing ridiculous criticism over the web that makes me wonder if these people even like Star Wars, or even movies in general lol
    I was so excited after seeing it and hopped on here and Rotten Tomatoes hoping to share my excitement with others but seeing an overwhelmingly negative response online kinda killed it for me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    I was so excited after seeing it and hopped on here and Rotten Tomatoes hoping to share my excitement with others but seeing an overwhelmingly negative response online kinda killed it for me.
    Eh, don't let the haters get you down.  Half of them probably like the Beastie Boys and Nickelback.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    Eh, don't let the haters get you down.  Half of them probably like the Beastie Boys and Nickelback.
    For shame!  Lumping the Beastie Boys in with Nickelback?!!! 
    I liked the movie....but I love the Beastie Boys. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    :blush:
    You're right, that's totally unfair to Nickelback!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    :blush:
    You're right, that's totally unfair to Nickelback!
    Bastard!  :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/j-j-abrams-confirms-name-1318519424016438.html

• Options
    So. Who is the last Jedi?  The boy with the broom?
  • Options
    Remains to be seen. 
  • Options
    I don't think it needs to be taken that literally that there must be a last Jedi.
    The question of the film is whether or not Luke is the last Jedi, and he may yet be.  He said he was not, but whether or not Rey rebuilds the Jedi order is yet unknown.
    It seems to me that the destruction of the temple, Yoda's speech, Luke's comments in aggregate, Rey's comfortability with the Dark, and Kylo's desire to drop the past adds up to a future in which Luke was indeed the last Jedi.
    Of course the Force remains and Force users will remain, but the Jedi/Sith dynamic may be past.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JK_Livin said:
    rgambs said:

That's what a spoiler thread is for.
    Avoid Instagram. Star Wars' Instagram account has a video with spoilers. Wtf are they thinking?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    To the haters....

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Jason P said:
    I just feel bad for George Lucas selling all rights to Star Wars for 4 BILLION dollars.  Rookie move. Seems like a lot of money but in reality it was chump change.  Disney will clear that deal on this movie alone by the time the New Years ball drops.

Didn't Lucas ever watch Spaceballs???

Like the dude buying two pizzas for 10,000 Bitcoins in 2006 only to find out they will sell for a kabillian dollars a decade later. 

SAD!
    I wish I had bought $100 worth of Bitcoin 7 years ago. Worth nearly $3.8 million now.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
  • Options
    Just saw Last Jedi and was very dissapointed.

I can't see how any OG fan would find this enjoyable.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Loved it!
    It stunk...
  • Options
    Just saw Last Jedi and was very dissapointed.

I can't see how any OG fan would find this enjoyable.
    I am a hardcore Star Wars nerd.  Still have my toys from my childhood. I own all the movies. I’ve watched all of them countless times.  I watch all of them in order, non stop countless times.  I went to see Rogue One back to back in the theater.  It is an obsession with me, and has been since I saw empire strikes back in the theaters as a kid.  I have no desire to see The Last Jedi again.  Does that tell you anything about this latest film......
  • Options
    If you want to watch the originals over and over for the rest of your life, do so.
    The story needs to move forward, it can't just stay the same forever.
  • Options
    What on Earth is so bad about it??
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    If you want to watch the originals over and over for the rest of your life, do so.
    I absolutely LOVED The Force Awakens.  The story went nowhere near anything forward.  Maybe sideways at best.  It’s plain bad story telling and movie making.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I absolutely LOVED The Force Awakens.  The story went nowhere near anything forward.  Maybe sideways at best.  It’s plain bad story telling and movie making.  
    The Force Awakens was practically a shot for shot remake of A New Hope!
    Rogue One was a dead end nostalgia trip.
    The Last Jedi was the first to break new ground since the originals.

Not liking it is fine, nobody is obligated to agree with the direction of the narrative, but calling it bad filmmaking is ridiculous.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Not liking it is fine, nobody is obligated to agree with the direction of the narrative, but calling it bad filmmaking is ridiculous.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what this amazing new ground was broken and what parts of this story moved us foreword.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me what this amazing new ground was broken and what parts of this story moved us foreword.
    The Skywalkers are done.  The story has moved beyond the Skywalkers.
    That's huge.
    The Sith/Jedi opposition is done.  The supreme coldy evil character has been replaced (at least for now) with a hotly conflicted upstart.  
    That's huge.
    The Kylo-Rey connection and relationship is unlike anything we've seen, and the new mental Force powers are practically limitless.  
    The good guys are on the ropes far worse than they have ever been.
    One of the staple characters of the story, the wild nd wreckless cowboy, was finally put in check and learned about humility.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    edited December 2017
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

That's huge.
    The Sith/Jedi opposition is done.  The supreme coldy evil character has been replaced (at least for now) with a hotly conflicted upstart.  
    That's huge.
    The Kylo-Rey connection and relationship is unlike anything we've seen, and the new mental Force powers are practically limitless.  
    One of the staple characters of the story, the wild nd wreckless cowboy, was finally put in check and learned about humility.

I will come back to your other points in more detail, but first things first....the Skywalkers are certainly not done.  
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

That's huge.
    That's huge.

This!
    I am interested in a new direction not the same old formula. I find everyone's lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

That's huge.
    That's huge.

I will come back to your other points in more detail, but first things first....the Skywalkers are certainly not done.  
    They done brosef!
    Anakin, gone.  Luke, gone.  Leia, soon gone.  Ben Solo?  His name's Ben Solo, not Ben Skywalker lol
  • Options
    It's time for the Skywalkers to end