Options

Credit card

Stood in line yesterday in BA for an hour to pick up my tickets just to get a big NO from the girl at the counter because I don't have the same credit card anymore ( changed bank ) have anyone been in this situation before ?
Burn my eyes and try to blind me
Bury me so they won't find me
Try to suck my power empty
Got no crown of thorns on me

Comments

• Options
    No, I haven´t. Thing is one of the specific requirements to pick up tickets is to have with you the CC you made the purchase with.
    But being this a rare situation, considering you come from abroad, there has to be some way to work it out. May be some proof of purchase?, the summary of your CC?, confirmation mail from Ticketek? anything?.
  • Options
    In any case, you should contact TC, they should also be able to help. Hope it goes ok!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That is fucked up
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    That's how will call works in the US too, although you can usually still get your tickets if you have the order number, ideally bring a printout receipt of the order, and of course an ID
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dmbolp said:

That's how will call works in the US too, although you can usually still get your tickets if you have the order number, ideally bring a printout receipt of the order, and of course an ID

I've never been asked for the CC at will call in the US for any concert/event i have ever attended. I know it says it when you buy tickets, but I've used will call 50+ times in my life and have never dealt with. I would not leave without my tix
  • Options
    DMB Ticketmaster Pit tickets have been will call for about 5 years now, I go to 5-10 shows a year across the country, have always been asked for the credit card, cashier swipes it through their reader and that gets the system to print the tickets out on the spot. Have seen TONS of people turned away for not having the cc. If you at least have the order number they usually work with you, but chastise you for not having the cc, and remind you they won't be so helpful the next time.

Smaller, non-ticketmaster venues will have the tickets already printed out and you just need to give them your name, but good luck picking up TM tix without CC and ID
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I also have never been asked to show my cc/debit. I do always have mine because I only have a debit card and I have 2 government issued id's so I do always have what I may need but wtf? I'd be pissssssed! And 10c email has never said you need the cc. I have searched those emails in the past to make sure. But I haven't traveled outside the USA except Canada. And it's been like a decade since I've been to Canada.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Dumb - should be ID
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Can you bring someone local (assuming you are not) to the ticket counter to help you sort this out? The ticket person's probably just doing her job.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

And 10c email has never said you need the cc.

I assume these weren't 10C tickets, which are already printed out and sorted by name. Ticketmaster tickets, or some other outlet, is the issue
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

FoxyRedLa said:

And 10c email has never said you need the cc.

I assume these weren't 10C tickets, which are already printed out and sorted by name. Ticketmaster tickets, or some other outlet, is the issue
    Gotcha.
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    Everything worked with my tickets ( no 10c at this show but a password ) went down there with a local stood in line an hour and a half before they opened and the girl at the counter was patient , but has never been asked the cc either of all the times I have bought online ...
  • Options
    vest71 said:

Everything worked with my tickets ( no 10c at this show but a password ) went down there with a local stood in line an hour and a half before they opened and the girl at the counter was patient , but has never been asked the cc either of all the times I have bought online ...

Glad to hear it
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,991
    For 10club tickets they will never ask you for credit card info.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    This SA pre sale was operated outside of typical 10C practices. My pre sale ticket confirmation clearly states that you need your CC to claim your tickets at will call. There's really no excuse.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,316
    Ticketmaster had this thing for my u2 fan club tickets this year. The "paperless" tickets. You had to show the credit card you purchased the tickets with at the venue.. you had to immediate enter and you got a crappy little piece of printed paper comfirming your seat location (GA). I've had the credit card requirement a few times on forced will call too (NIN tickets etc..). Whenever I get that I make sure I don't switch credit card companies. You can have a new expiry date but if the number changes you're hooped :(
  • Options
    So no one, ever, can buy tix for someone else?!!??
  • Options
    this happened to me a couple years ago for a Springsteen concert. I knew my CC had expired from the time i purchased tickets and the concert date. I messaged customer service and got this reply:

"Thank you for your email. I would first contact your credit card company to find out if the tickets would be transferred to your new credit card. Also I would recommend that you arrive with the statement of your canceled card with the charge for the Bruce Springsteen tickets"

I just took the statement with the charged tickets and a copy of the e-mail and it was fine.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    I had to show the CC I used when I picked my Bogota tickets last August (were bought with 10c password) I had to hand the lady one CC at a time since I didn't remember which one I use until she found it on the system, since was at will call in a ticket vendor location
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    CopperTom said:

This SA pre sale was operated outside of typical 10C practices. My pre sale ticket confirmation clearly states that you need your CC to claim your tickets at will call. There's really no excuse.

Oh I would say there are a lot of excuses ...
    Stolen card
    Change of bank
    Switching from credit to debit card
    You just pick one and don't be so condescending... They ( 10 club ) can just co work / outsource to someone using e-tickets , then there wouldn't be so many problems like the ones in Brazil and Colombia too ... and the fact that they wrote it in Spanish could be an excuse as well ...