Options

Ben Carson for President

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/index.html

This guy is an idiot. We've all known someone like him...straight A student, really booksmart but the common sense of a 10 year old.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

Comments

• Options
    Carson says...

"The vetting that you all did with President Obama doesn't even come close, doesn't even come close to what you guys are trying to do in my case, and you're just going to keep going back, 'He said this 12 years ago' -- it is just garbage," Carson said. "Give me a break."

Seriously...Obama's birth certificate questions "doesn't even come close" to people asking Carson's childhood friends about his past?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    He must be doing well in the polls. After basically ignoring him, Gawker is going after every story they can dig into right now to discredit him in the past several weeks.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Carson feels Egyptian pyramids used to store grain not to entomb Pharos. All the archeologists are wrong.

See this aligns with the bible.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason P said:

He must be doing well in the polls. After basically ignoring him, Gawker is going after every story they can dig into right now to discredit him in the past several weeks.

Yeah he's the flavor of the month.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    callen said:

Carson feels Egyptian pyramids used to store grain not to entomb Pharos. All the archeologists are wrong.

See this aligns with the bible.

I was reading that today. It's his 'personal belief' because for him there is only the bible. Talk about pandering to those crazy American bible bashers- which unfortunately is a lot of people. Whatever happened to separation of church and state. The GOP can't stop claiming how religious they are.

• Options

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, right. The mouthbreathers that love Carson won't pay any attention to it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    rgambs said:

They may not, but this is a pretty damaging story to the general public.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Looks like the whole politico piece was just debunked...gotta love politics.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?
    There are several articles out there, but it's Friday and I'd rather not get into a left wing vs. right wing media biased propaganda argument today :). I've looked at both sides of this story now, though, and it does seem that Politico straight up lied about some key points. I'll let you research and draw your own conclusions though.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Ben Carson Campaign Now Says He 'Did Not Seek Admission' to West Point - ABC News
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-carson-campaign-now-seek-admission-west-point/story?id=35024225

What I find funny in the article is that he said in his book that he "was offered a full scholarship to West Point". As if there were other scholarship options.
  • Options
    A politician who lied?

I am fucking SHOCKED!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?
    There are several articles out there, but it's Friday and I'd rather not get into a left wing vs. right wing media biased propaganda argument today :). I've looked at both sides of this story now, though, and it does seem that Politico straight up lied about some key points. I'll let you research and draw your own conclusions though.
    I don't understand. It seems clear that his book said he was offered a full scholarship and now his campaign, after Politico went to print, is saying that he didn't mean that.

Ben Carson did not apply and was not admitted to the U.S. Military Academy, despite writing in his book "Gifted Hands" that he had gotten a full scholarship offer from the school, his presidential campaign told ABC News.

"Again, though his senior commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr. Carson did not seek admission," the campaign said in a statement today.

Carson, as an ROTC student, was told that West Point would process an admission for him, campaign spokesman Doug Watts said."

This isn't left/right stuff here. It seems pretty straightforward.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?
    I don't understand. It seems clear that his book said he was offered a full scholarship and now his campaign, after Politico went to print, is saying that he didn't mean that.

Ben Carson did not apply and was not admitted to the U.S. Military Academy, despite writing in his book "Gifted Hands" that he had gotten a full scholarship offer from the school, his presidential campaign told ABC News.

"Again, though his senior commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr. Carson did not seek admission," the campaign said in a statement today.

Carson, as an ROTC student, was told that West Point would process an admission for him, campaign spokesman Doug Watts said."

Don't fool yourself, if you're reading a left leaning or right leaning publication right now, there is a spin. Is politico a left leaning or right leaning media outlet and what is their agenda? I tend not to place much credit in this type of sniping, trying to make something out of nothing. Rediculous in my opinion.

Here is the full email from the Carson campaign sent to Politico.
    "Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission."

Politico inferred that he lied about admittance, but in his book he clearly stated that he never applied, just that he had some random conversation in which he was offered a scholarship and that he let them know he was not interested. So who is lying?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    I agree that there is no such thing as an unbiased source. People get mad about left wing media, blah blah Fox news, but in this country, each party has always had its organ. Whether you were Dem, Republican, Whig, Know-Nothing, Federalist or Anti-Freemason, everyone had a mouthpiece. It wasn't until the 60s where this unbiased BS started. I don't get caught up in that. However, the quotes that I have seen in the book say that he was "offered a full scholarship". No one has disputed those words to my knowledge. Hoewever, if you say that and you never applied, that that is intentionally misleading at best. If I was offered a scholarship to the University of Richmond and because the academic standards are similar to that of Duke, I couldn't go around saying I was offered a scholarship to Duke. Or if a Duke adviser told me my grades were good enough to get a scholarship. Those are not the same thing. And from what I can tell, that's what Carson is arguing.

I was really good at ROTC, Westmoreland said I could get in, ergo I was offered a scholarship to a military academy.
  • Options
    And please show me the source and quote in the same book (Gifted Hands) where Carson says he never applied. If that exists, then this is a non-story. I would agree with that. But I haven't seen that yet.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?

Don't fool yourself, if you're reading a left leaning or right leaning publication right now, there is a spin. Is politico a left leaning or right leaning media outlet and what is their agenda? I tend not to place much credit in this type of sniping, trying to make something out of nothing. Rediculous in my opinion.

"Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission."

Politico inferred that he lied about admittance, but in his book he clearly stated that he never applied, just that he had some random conversation in which he was offered a scholarship and that he let them know he was not interested. So who is lying?
    Saying that you decided not to attend, as opposed to saying that you decided not to apply are two different things. It may seem like a minor distinction, but it makes all the difference.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798

Ben Carson Campaign Now Says He 'Did Not Seek Admission' to West Point - ABC News
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-carson-campaign-now-seek-admission-west-point/story?id=35024225

What I find funny in the article is that he said in his book that he "was offered a full scholarship to West Point". As if there were other scholarship options.

You get an appt to a service college. No cost to student except for service time. Major deal to get in.

But as with most who write these things , embellished strongly is par for the course. But I will say he isnt the paragon of honesty and integrity he has made himself out to be.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Whoa, check this out. I died laughing...

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/06/is-ben-carson-running-a-presidential-campaign-or-a-budding-record-label

"Now that the Carson campaign has released two songs in one week – one country and the other hip-hop – it seems fair to ask whether the campaign is in fact a thinly veiled excuse to launch a record label instead."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    Jason P said:

He is doing well. He's in the lead, just ahead of Trump. "Hey, I may be Republican, but I'm not racist, I'm voting for Ben Carson!".
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

Where do you see that?

You seem to be confusing the campaign email with the book. In the book he suggested that he was offered a full scholarship to West Point. He never applied so, therefore, he could not have been offered a full scholarship....and to suggest that a full scholarship is unusual is another lie since all those admitted to WP get full scholarships.

Politico merely changed the title of their article from: "Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point Scholarship" to "Carson claimed West Point Scholarship but never applied"

The basic story is unchanged...it is now the right wing media that is trying to confuse things by stating that Politico retracted something....they really didn't at all.

• Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598?cmpid=sf

Link to Politico's updated article...you can see that Carson was forced to admit that he was never offered the scholarship.

• Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/chris-christie-ben-carson-215637?cmpid=sf

Christie has no sympathy...

"So I’ve got to tell you, a couple of days of being asked about something that you put in your books? I gotta tell you, I don’t have a whole lot of sympathy," the New Jersey governor went on to say. "He should answer the questions forthrightly and directly. If he does, the American people will accept it. If he doesn’t, then he’s got a problem.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    So the GOP leaders, according to current polls, are Donald Trump and Ben Carson?? :rofl::rofl:
    Nice job Republicans! :get_outta_here:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    PJ_Soul said:

So the GOP leaders, according to current polls, are Donald Trump and Ben Carson?? :rofl::rofl:

Yeah, smooth move! :whistle::rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    PJ_Soul said:

Incredible how dumb the republican base is. What is more amazing to me is....I think they can't get more out of touch with reality yet, every election cycle they bring in more crazies.

Social media may be making them dumber. Steadfast in their idiotic ideals/ideas. It's Herd Behavior....

Wonder who potential running mates will be?