Options

Great Show Guys!!

Yeah I was pissed in the beginning and yeah I wish it was live but hell... Show was great!
Thanks Pearl Jam for allowing me to enjoy you from the comfort of my home.
You Rock!
Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...

Comments

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    That was bad to the bone!!!!! Thanks to YouTube!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,779
    I'm all jacked up and can't wait for Mexico City. Man this band gets the current flowing.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    solid show...well thought-out setlist for the event & they sounded great. GORGE!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :clap::bow::rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I bopped around in my chair at home. Good stuff! Not a big fan of either song, but I really enjoyed "MYM" and "Lightning Bolt". Loved that Stone seemed really into things as well.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I'm all jacked up and can't wait for Mexico City. Man this band gets the current flowing.

Mind your manners!

Smiled the whole electric ride.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    one thing i got from watching it on TV is how badass Matt Cameron is. wow. new he was good but never really watched it that close but the TV broadcast had some great shots. insane how good he is back there.

Redemption Songs was great. Didn't think Beyonce could meet PJ and Ed's level but it was really good. Too bad her regular set is just a bunch of gyrating and grunts because clearly she can sing a bit.

and how did MSNBC not show RITFW? watched it on YouTube. that was fun.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Good solid show- enjoyed it a lot.

One thing kind of bugged me though but maybe I misunderstood. Was there a little tete-a-tete going on between Ed and Stone just before "Imagine"? I couldn't make out what that was about. Anybody catch that?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    brianlux said:

One thing kind of bugged me though but maybe I misunderstood. Was there a little tete-a-tete going on between Ed and Stone just before "Imagine"? I couldn't make out what that was about. Anybody catch that?

Didn't seem like a big deal to me--Ed was just telling him the key ("tune down")
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

brianlux said:

Didn't seem like a big deal to me--Ed was just telling him the key ("tune down")
    I thought Ed looked a bit pissed. But maybe just tired. They were working hard tonight.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    So good! I bet it was incredible to be there. Ed sounded really beautiful and DTE in it's original tempo was killer! Too bad they cut a few songs on tv, but any day I get to see PJ at all is a good one! I'm a happy girl.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited September 2015
    brianlux said:

not a big deal. Just talking the tuning of the song. First time band played it together. Ed asked if it was dropped. either for dropped D tuning or all tuned down a step.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

brianlux said:

not a big deal. Just talking the tuning of the song. First time band played it together. Ed asked if it was dropped. either for dropped D tuning or all tuned down a step.
    Cool, thanks.

• Options
    EV voice sounds so sharp. Better then last tour? Do The Evolution sounds better then I heard from tour.
  • Options
    I heard a keyboard but never saw Boom on stage. Was he there? I was too far back to see anything.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Gems and rhinestones definitely needed the keys
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829

EV voice sounds so sharp. Better then last tour? Do The Evolution sounds better then I heard from tour.

The voice is definitely in fine form, better than many of the shows last tour.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    brianlux said:

mfc2006 said:

brianlux said:

I thought Ed looked a bit pissed. But maybe just tired. They were working hard tonight.
    I also thought he looked annoyed and wondered who we was talking to (didn't realize it was Stone). Perhaps it was just because it was noisy and hard to have that conversation discretely up on stage.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

one thing i got from watching it on TV is how badass Matt Cameron is. wow. new he was good but never really watched it that close but the TV broadcast had some great shots. insane how good he is back there.

Redemption Songs was great. Didn't think Beyonce could meet PJ and Ed's level but it was really good. Too bad her regular set is just a bunch of gyrating and grunts because clearly she can sing a bit.

Totally agree about Matt....His facial expressions were great!
  • Options

DTE was at normal speed. I think that was why it sounded different. Personally I like the faster version.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817

pjhawks said:

Totally agree about Matt....His facial expressions were great!
    I'm a drummer, Matt is a fucking beast. One of the best out there for sure.
  • Options
    what's up with ed's out of body experience and then trying to detail it to us
    it's like we would "get it" ??
    LOL
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Band sounded great!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options

what's up with ed's out of body experience and then trying to detail it to us
    it's like we would "get it" ??
    LOL

someone explain it to me please! was ed baked? it came off as strange to me
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

brianlux said:

mfc2006 said:

brianlux said:

I also thought he looked annoyed and wondered who we was talking to (didn't realize it was Stone). Perhaps it was just because it was noisy and hard to have that conversation discretely up on stage.
    There was a brief shout out to Kille, the lighting tech (?), I believe as well. And then he mentioned the tuning.
    No big deal in any regard. Nothin' to see here, people.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    It seemed as Eddie was annoyed, he was introducing the song and ready to start when Stone interrupts and is asking about the tuning.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18