Options

NEW PJ ALBUM 2016!

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
after the south American tour ..........right to the studio........anybody think .....Of the Earth.....will be on there?

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Its funny how all Jeff mentions is "they may start getting a record going next year" and all of a sudden it is a new album in 2016. While it would be great if they get into the studio, the only thing I think will happen is they start trading some demo tapes they each have been working on.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348

Its funny how all Jeff mentions is "they may start getting a record going next year" and all of a sudden it is a new album in 2016. While it would be great if they get into the studio, the only thing I think will happen is they start trading some demo tapes they each have been working on.

Either Summer or Spring or Fall 2016 ....no doubt brother
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606

It's called jumping to conclusions. It's all the rage around here.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    2017 release.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    The amount of articles written on the back of that interview is insane.

Jeff probably loosely indicated they may throw a few ideas around within the year.....end of.....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    kramer73 said:

Why does that bother you? Why can't people get excited. I feel like some folks think they're Joe Friday around here. Just the facts m'am. Sheesh!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

kramer73 said:

Why does that bother you? Why can't people get excited. I feel like some folks think they're Joe Friday around here. Just the facts m'am. Sheesh!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    pdalowsky said:

The amount of articles written on the back of that interview is insane.

Exactly. It's not just around here. Pretty sure we could get national articles written based on "I just ran into EV and he said _______."

I don't expect a new album for several years but really hope I am wrong. They just don't seem to have any sense of urgency.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

kramer73 said:

I'm excited that they may be getting to the point where they are ready to start exchanging ideas and demos for a new album. That is great news.

But in the interview it sounded nothing like a new album will be out next year. I can already see the threads starting next year about Jeff promising a new album in 2016 and what month it will be out.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151

kramer73 said:

I'm excited that they may be getting to the point where they are ready to start exchanging ideas and demos for a new album. That is great news.

But in the interview it sounded nothing like a new album will be out next year. I can already see the threads starting next year about Jeff promising a new album in 2016 and what month it will be out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHpzPtlu1xY
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    "The band will probably try and get another record going in the next year..."

just want to remind people of this lmao
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    if it anything like the past few records, expect two separate recording sessions, maybe a year apart. It is exciting, but if they only get together next year, I wouldnt expect an album until 2017
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    edited August 2015
    JP33 said:

after the south American tour ..........right to the studio........anybody think .....Of the Earth.....will be on there?

I hope not. That song is only okay IMO. I don't think it's good enough to be on a studio album.
    But I don't expect an album in 2016. We'll be lucky if it's in 2017.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul said:

JP33 said:

I hope not. That song is only okay IMO. I don't think it's good enough to be on a studio album.
    But I don't expect an album in 2016. We'll be lucky if it's in 2017.
    Right?! It's kind of funny how everyone loses their shit over that song. A song that's been around for a couple years already is probably not going to be on an album that isn't going to come out for another couple years yet.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited August 2015
    OMG. So he does ONE interview about skateparks and drops that they will probably try and get another record going in the next year and all of a sudden there are articles quoting articles quoting other articles quoting that one sole article and they don't get the facts right. The reading comprehension requirements for people who work at those places must be really low.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    great news!!thanks for the heads up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Not sure of course, but I imagine they already did that.
    But perhaps not. I hope you are wrong.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    2 words: wishful thinking... even Argentine media is talking about new PJ album, is there a cure for this illness?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

2 words: wishful thinking... even Argentine media is talking about new PJ album, is there a cure for this illness?

More cowbell?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840
    more songs like pendulum.