Options

Corgan blocked reissue of classic soundtrack. There won't be a Singles Vinyl Reissue?

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    One less Pumpkins track = one more Westerberg track????

If so thank you Billy!!!!!!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Oh BIlly..........

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2015

Oh BIlly..........

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2015
    double post.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Wma31394 said:

Suziemay said:

The only thing I take away from all the recent posts about Billy Corgan is he's one unhappy mo fo. I hope someone gives him a hug soon.

I'm sure he's perfectly happy when he wakes up in his north shore mansion..pets his cats..checks his bank statement...Walks for tea at his successful tea shop near by..and then does what ever the hell he wants the rest of the day.

Your probably looking into the tmz shot of him at Disneyland too much..
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    He has a tea shop? Oh, the irony...
  • Options
    if he did then i love his attitude
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited August 2015
    All that size and flipping of 4 records leads to yes a pain in the ass but a more intimate experience with the medium as well. Easier to read and see art and lyrics, and a experience you have to be a part of vs hitting play and letting the music set into the background as you do something else.....
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited August 2015
    Problem with Billy's argument is the record company losea what, at most a million bucks? Nothing to them, so the fans are really the ones.losing out Billy, still a dick as always. You are the Axl Rose of alt rock, your while band can't stand you and leaves, get the message and check yourself
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Record company doesnt lose a thing. The reissue is still coming out. Only Billy loses some cash.

He's announcing this like its a noble thing when in reality bands say no all of the time.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Suziemay said:

Yep..he's played there a handful of times. He also has been on the cover of Cat Fancy twice.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    edited August 2015
    Didn't he give the demo of Drown away for free a few years back? Pretty cool IMO

EDIT: He did. It was the first track of the SPRC.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

You are the Axl Rose of alt rock, your while band can't stand you and leaves, get the message and check yourself

this is a terrible analogy.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,404
    just release it without the song
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    the demo? They will.
  • Options
    Disc 2 predictions:

-That Hiro Yamamoto tune (confirmed)
    -Probably either live versions or demos of Breath and SoLT
    -instrumental Westerberg versions since he scored the film
    -AIC and Soundgarden performances from their film appearances
    -nothing from Brett Mich....i mean Billy Corgan
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,404

Disc 2 predictions:

-That Hiro Yamamoto tune (confirmed)
    -Probably either live versions or demos of Breath and SoLT
    -instrumental Westerberg versions since he scored the film
    -AIC and Soundgarden performances from their film appearances
    -nothing from Brett Mich....i mean Billy Corgan

the demos of breath and solat are already on the ten redux
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Wma31394 said:

Suziemay said:

Yep..he's played there a handful of times. He also has been on the cover of Cat Fancy twice.
    Probably the only kitty he can get nowadays...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I love how you all jump on negativity.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I think all this Billy news has gotten way Overblown.
    The media like to start shit, plain and simple.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

I love how you all jump on negativity.

...you all could use a sedative right now.... :tongue:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited August 2015

Bingo! I've seen some interviews with him and I agree with a lot of what he says/thinks and disagree with quite a bit, too. Same goes for our lord and savior Eddie Vedder.
    The media has sensitized us into being 100% polar extremists on every topic. So we see ONE thing we don't like about something or someone and without blinking or thinking we jump to the conclusion that we must just hate everything about it/them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

Corgan only blocked Epic from using the demo to Drown. Soundtrack is still on. There will just be no extra Pumpkins tunes (thats a good thing)

But yes he's pretty much ruined my Pumkins fandom just by speaking to reporters the last fifteen years. I cant even listen to them anymore. Its sad when people you liked turn into annoying bitter people.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited August 2015

Twenty years later would have been 2012. It's 2015.

No one has any idea if this has any affect on the planned reissue by Crowe. Read the original "story" from AN and it's two quotes taken from an interview, with no context or other info. Could be talking about two different things: Epic wanting to reissue it in 2012, not the planned 2015 reissue.

Chill out and calm down. And change the headline of the post until we have better info.

We do have an idea if it has an affect ont he reissue. The reissue is happening. Crowe has confirmed it. Just without some shitty SP demo. And that's fine with me in every way. I don't think that Billy did anything wrong here at all. If he has a reason to deny the rights to this demo, then more power to him.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    love drown.......awesome tune.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think I'm a fan of this. Corgan has been bringing it as of late.

There was a smashing pumpkins show here a few weeks ago in a theater... there is a bar next door and Corgan waltzed over midday unannounced and sat in the corner on a barstool and played a solo set for about 15 lucky as shit individuals.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

The media and the record industry have ALOT in common and often have each others back.
    jus sayin.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Bingo! I've seen some interviews with him and I agree with a lot of what he says/thinks and disagree with quite a bit, too. Same goes for our lord and savior Eddie Vedder.
    The media has sensitized us into being 100% polar extremists on every topic. So we see ONE thing we don't like about something or someone and without blinking or thinking we jump to the conclusion that we must just hate everything about it/them.
    Right.

Think it has a lot to do with it feeling good to hate on successful people.

Don't much care for what musicians say or do. I'm in it for the music and SP have out out some of my favorite. Sooo glad it was created. All that matters.

Would love to get singles on vinyl. .
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Saw the Pumpkins 2 weeks ago, they were great. So good to have Jimmy Chamberlain back on drums.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

The media is not why I think Billy Corgan is an asshole, he has done that all by himself the past 20 years

I am capable of thinking for myself