Options

Corgan blocked reissue of classic soundtrack. There won't be a Singles Vinyl Reissue?

124»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    my2hands said:

The media has sensitized us into being 100% polar extremists on every topic. So we see ONE thing we don't like about something or someone and without blinking or thinking we jump to the conclusion that we must just hate everything about it/them.

The media is not why I think Billy Corgan is an asshole, he has done that all by himself the past 20 years

I am capable of thinking for myself

Yeah, but your are reading what he says through the media. In person he is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. You know who was a bit cold and standoffish? Stone Gossard!! Shock!?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,474

I think all this Billy news has gotten way Overblown.
    The media like to start shit, plain and simple.

The media has sensitized us into being 100% polar extremists on every topic. So we see ONE thing we don't like about something or someone and without blinking or thinking we jump to the conclusion that we must just hate everything about it/them.
    Interesting. I agree.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

my2hands said:

The media is not why I think Billy Corgan is an asshole, he has done that all by himself the past 20 years

Yeah, but your are reading what he says through the media. In person he is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. You know who was a bit cold and standoffish? Stone Gossard!! Shock!?
    U met Stone :open_mouth:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited August 2015
    my2hands said:

My post wasn't about or towards you, please don't take it that way.
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082

my2hands said:

Met Stone too in person in 2002. He was a real dick. Mike on the otherhand couldn't be any nicer. Met him several different times...just a class act.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828

Corgan only blocked Epic from using the demo to Drown. Soundtrack is still on. There will just be no extra Pumpkins tunes (thats a good thing)

But yes he's pretty much ruined my Pumkins fandom just by speaking to reporters the last fifteen years. I cant even listen to them anymore. Its sad when people you liked turn into annoying bitter people.

I was never a huge fan of the pumpkins but I agree. I can't listen to their stuff anymore because of his dumb mouth. Fuck him. Couldn't even sell out Jones Beach WITH Marilyn Manson and had the nerve to talk shit about PJ.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    I'm still a big fan of everything up to the Aeroplane Flies High boxset. Just because he speaks his mind doesn't make me like the music any less. I agree with some of what he says and disagree with other things. I meet people all the time that say stuff I don't agree with (or don't get PJ). I don't loathe them for it. Most famous people go to great lengths to not speak their minds and be careful with their words. I don't think it bothers me that much that there's a few people left who lake a filter and actually say what they are thinking.