Options

Your favorite decade of music

13»

Comments

• Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    70's
    eddiec said:

I would probably go with '65-'75 as there is no denying it was the greatest 10 years in music. Ever.
    Zeppelin, Floyd, Dylan, Neil Young, The Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Joni Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, The Who, The Doors, The Beatles, Miles Davis, The Band....just to name a few. All in their prime.

Correct on all accounts.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    90's
    I voted 90's because I grew up on crappy 80's music so when bands like PJ and Faith No More started putting out videos, it blew my mind.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    60's
    I absolutely love 60's music. 1965 is my favorite year for music! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    90's
    I agree that 65-75 is going to remain regarded as the greatest period in music history... or at least Rock.

However, my 'favorite' is 90s. 90s was me between the ages of 12 through 22... a very awesome and influential time. So many tracks bring about so many feelings and memories. Relational Memory (thanks Breaking Bad).
    I also think it is probably the 2nd best 10 year period.
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    90's
    Yeh the spice girls were pretty hot!! No really I grew up with my dad's record collection grateful dead, Allman brothers so I had a certain connection to the the late 60's - early 70's. But I needed something to represent how I was feeling and the 90's encapsulated that for me. Before I got into the Seattle sound , I was immersed in the UK scene, terrorvision, wildhearts and reef. Then I heard porch by pearl jam and it opened the door to a plethora of bands, screaming trees, Soundgarden etc. After the buzz of grunge, I got into the little known psychedelic trance scene and saw great acts such as eat static , banco de Gaia and many more. The 90's were a cocktail of sounds in the UK and it felt exciting at the time. Every generation has great bands, but it's only what the corporations want you yo hear, think of all the bands which fly under the radar, just hope someone up there selects what represents the youth of today and beyond.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited August 2015
    70's
    eddiec said:

I would probably go with '65-'75 as there is no denying it was the greatest 10 years in music. Ever.
    Zeppelin, Floyd, Dylan, Neil Young, The Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Joni Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, The Who, The Doors, The Beatles, Miles Davis, The Band....just to name a few. All in their prime.

Period.

Don't forget Motown... Stevie Wonder... Marvin Gaye... etc... the greatest era of R&B and soul

It's really not even close...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    new music is what thrills me the most
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    010's

Yes!!!
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    90's
    90's for me. I love the music that came out of the 70's and 80's, but the 90's music is what I listened to the most since this was when I went through high school. Every time I hear certain songs, I can usually tie them to an important event in my life.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    80's

Yes!!!
    I tend to agree here. Pop music is actually killing it right now.