Options

Pearl Jam Vs. Green Day. Round 3. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this should be a blowout
  • Options
    Should be.
  • Options
    Just as i thought green days caught right up
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Voted. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Green day? What a joke!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I've actually never seen Greenday (I'm somewhat indifferent to their music for the most part), but I have heard from a ton of people who have seen them and said they sound like shit live. I have to have heard that a dozen times over the years from different people.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited July 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I've actually never seen Greenday (I'm somewhat indifferent to their music for the most part), but I have heard from a ton of people who have seen them and said they sound like shit live. I have to have heard that a dozen times over the years from different people.

I've never seen them live but they always seem to be having a blast when I see their video footage. That being said, fuck em! Go PJ!

Edit - I do like their music.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'm pretty sure you people will find a way to close this thread too.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    edited July 2015
    My only experience with them live was the infamous "riot" show at the Hatch Shell on Boston's esplanade in September of 1994. A free show put on by one of the local radio to welcome back college students. Green Day was relatively unknown when booked but had blown up with Dookie by the fall. Thousands more kids than anticipated showed up and the esplanade was a mess. Very little crowd control because the crowd was so large. Green Day was only seven songs in before meatheads started jumping on stage. That was it. The band left and the crowd went nuts. Throwing things, breaking whatever they could.

We just tried to get the hell out of there but it was carnage. Then the police reinforcements arrived and overcompensated. Looking back I can understand they just wanted to regain control of a situation that was out of control, but at the time I was eighteen and dumb.

Just a mess. Totally not the bands fault but I'm not a good judge of Green Day's live show.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Green day is really really good live. If we all were objective and saw both bands live this would be a real close call.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Lol we can make it through the week
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What about MY people, Senor 12?

With you in that hopefully this won't be shut down. (and for what, really)

Actually, I think Green Day is alright (still can't not associate Good Riddance with that Seinfeld clip(?) episode) and they seem passionate enough, but their music itself strikes me as somewhat repetitive.

Also not so sure that championing one band or one genre of music or one - even some - of anything is tantamount to shitting on other options.

We like what we like, no? Some better than others.

No harm, no foul, no big deal.
  • Options
    Agreed. I think if we get put up against X Japan were gonna have some major issues taking them on. I guess they haven't had to much competition (no offence meant to anyone) but I don't know they destroy everyone there up against lol
  • Options
    Like I would think of linkin park as i pretty big band and they got killed by them
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,024

It is "gossip" and that violates 10C rules of the forums...
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    I've only seen Green Day once, back in 1995 at the Reading Festival. It was fun, and I still like some of their stuff, but there's no way they are a better live band than PJ. I could understand if PJ had lost out to 'Dave'sBandThatWeKeepGettingToldWeShouldn'tLike' as they are insanely popular, but I don't know how Green Day made it this far.

Voting is currently PJ 56%, GD 44%
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Must be a lot of Green Days fans. Doesn't surprise me but lets face it were all crazier we will take them for sure.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433

It is "gossip" and that violates 10C rules of the forums...
    :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

Agreed. I think if we get put up against X Japan were gonna have some major issues taking them on. I guess they haven't had to much competition (no offence meant to anyone) but I don't know they destroy everyone there up against lol

Maybe we need to vote for the other band then?

• Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    vote people vote! they're getting close
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Voted!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Gap is closing. :(
  • Options
    Damn..that sucks guys there right caught up with us
  • Options
    cutz said:

Maybe we need to vote for the other band then?

Lol we could but right now its 76% to 24%. Im guessing its because theres a lot more asians in the world maybe i dont know but we'll be fucked against them
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    nothing wrong with Green Day Live and in the times Ive seen them they never sounded like shit. The club shows were naturally much better than the arena shows, but they don't even get close to the PJ show
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    i should see Green Day sometime
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Never seen them live and never used to have a good perception of them. But if Norah Jones is willing to collaborate with Billie Joe Armstrong, that's good enough for me! Still not dying to see them live but if someone offered me a ticket I wouldn't turn it down...
  • Options
    So how are we going to take out x japan? Anyone know how to hack? Haha
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Green Day should have called it quits years ago
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo