Options

25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Just got a second tracking email!

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Id like to sell my signed and sketched books but wow what would shipping be? These are supposed to be some heavy books
  • Options
    No shipping email yet on my orders. Anyone else not get one who lives outside the USA?
  • Options
    YES!!! :)

Dearest Demetrios,

Today is the day you've been waiting for! Remember back when you supported the Kickstarter for 25 Years of Tomorrow? You don't? Well you did. And it's ready now, and shipping today! According to this computer, you should be getting:

BACKSPACER EDITION (other item(s) shipping separately)

And it's shipped by USPS, not UPS. Huzzah!!!!
  • Options
    leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    My white Backspacer with rare picks edition is scheduled to be delivered today!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    demetrios said:

YES!!! :)

Dearest Demetrios,

Today is the day you've been waiting for! Remember back when you supported the Kickstarter for 25 Years of Tomorrow? You don't? Well you did. And it's ready now, and shipping today! According to this computer, you should be getting:

BACKSPACER EDITION (other item(s) shipping separately)

And it's shipped by USPS, not UPS. Huzzah!!!!

Lol. Yeah, UPS blows generally. Although I will say that the UPS guy that delivers to my office is a super nice dude.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    leach7 said:

My white Backspacer with rare picks edition is scheduled to be delivered today!!!

Sweet score! And a double sweet score on that OG Pittsburgh '15 print.
  • Options
    leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    demetrios said:

leach7 said:

Sweet score! And a double sweet score on that OG Pittsburgh '15 print.
    Thanks! I hope it arrives safe and sound. It looks like the package is only insured for $100. Yikes
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Black, signed Backspacer w/ rare picks arrived today in B'ham :smiley: Packaged with care by TT and unscathed by the demolition ogres at the P.O. Now looking forward to getting it framed and up on the wall!
  • Options
    My book shipped but not my Backspacer. Im a little worried about USPS handling this thing. Anything that says Do Not Bend they take as an invitation to play kickball with.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    edited February 2016
    jjflash said:

Black, signed Backspacer w/ rare picks arrived today in B'ham :smiley: Packaged with care by TT and unscathed by the demolition ogres at the P.O. Now looking forward to getting it framed and up on the wall!

Awesome! Got my shipping e-mail for the book but not for the backspacer
    Post edited by andyfarrimond on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ok guys we're gonna have to transition to a signed Backspacer thread. I want to see pics of everyone's wall. Thats where mine is going.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I received an email saying the book was shipping, but no mention of any of the other items.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Yeah, still waiting on some sort of update about the Backspacer. That was a tough month when I put that cash down. I'm glad my wife still loves me.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    jjflash said:

Awesome!
  • Options

I received an email saying the book was shipping, but no mention of any of the other items.

Which other items did you score? My signed EV tambourine arrived early December. The signed Pearl Jam Backspacer vinyl record just shipped yesterday. As for the books, I haven't received an email on any of the 2 orders, shipped to Canada.
  • Options
    whats the best place for a 'specialty' framing job like this? I will have picks and the album. Is Michaels adequate? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Black, signed Backspacer arrived safe and sound in Maine today! Sigs look awesome. Very glad I ordered this.
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Did anyone outside the USA receive a tracking # on the book yet?
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Fixer13 said:

Black, signed Backspacer arrived safe and sound in Maine today! Sigs look awesome. Very glad I ordered this.

Did you get a shipping notice for the Backspacer? I got nothing yet.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    No BAckspcer notice for me yet. My book should be here today. Anyone want to buy it?
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Yes, I received the Backspacer in the mail just a couple days after the shipping notice (sent priority mail).
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Update #28
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

As mentioned previously, books are safely at the Make That Thing warehouse. We ran into one small glitch -- when we finally had a chance to "field test" the shipping boxes we had built, there was some concern that the cardboard cushioning might collapse under worst-case scenarios of post office abuse. Since I've had some experience with such scenarios, I insisted that we add an additional insert for reinforcement. They had to be specially made, which has taken a few extra days -- and then the Northeast got whacked by two major snowstorms, which didn't help any.

The good news is, rewards that had to be shipped separately, such as Pearl Jam albums and posters, have been shipped!

Books will start shipping the moment the reinforcement inserts arrive. This final delay is only to be sure that we've done everything humanly possible to get these books delivered undamaged. I will post an update as soon as I have any further information. Thank you for your patience. Everyone is doing the best they can.

Dan
  • Options
    My record arrived! Wife just told me. The emails made it sound like it was the books that shipped
  • Options
    My shipping kind of went off the grid. I am in early stages of worry. Shipped the 2nd for 3 day priority, was a 2-hour drive away on Thursday with an expected delivery of Friday.... and no update since Thursday.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    MayDay10 said:

My shipping kind of went off the grid. I am in early stages of worry. Shipped the 2nd for 3 day priority, was a 2-hour drive away on Thursday with an expected delivery of Friday.... and no update since Thursday.

Mine did too :worried:
  • Options
    Signed Backspacer has arrived. Framing it tomorrow. Its beautiful
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Where are all the pictures?!!? Lets see some pictures!
  • Options
    Tomorrow if i can make it to hobby lobby!