13»

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nami said:

Funny stuff.
    How people can admit that they have gone to 20-30-40 shows, and never urinated.

You people a little obsessed? Hahahaha

Im 50 years old.
    I urinate during the 5th, 9th, 13th, 21st, and 26th songs.
    Then I purposely leave before the 2nd encore, and urinate 4 times on the way to my car.

hahahahahaha
    What do people really think they will miss, if they go and use the restroom?
    When you get up from your seat, Pearl Jam will be playing songs.
    When you return from the restroom, Pearl Jam will still be playing songs.

You really wont be missing much.
    Agreed. I have seen people literally suffering through the shows with their bladders about to burst rather than running to the washroom real quick. That makes no sense to me at all. They are so distracted by their need to pee that they're missing way more of the show than they would if they just went and took a leak.
    But what would happen if I went to the bathroom and Ed looked where I was standing?!?! Or if mike threw guitar pics in my direction?!?! Or the ultimate... If Ed shared his wine with everyone around me and I was in the God damn bathroom?!?! That s why I always wear a nice comfortable pair of depends while at a pearl jam show.
    Don't worry, I'm pretty sure if Ed noticed you were missing or Mike was about to throw you a pick and realized you were in the potty, pretty sure they'd stop the show and just stand around staring at the floor until you got back. That's what they do when I take pee breaks... :)
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.
    Then I purposely leave before the 2nd encore, and urinate 4 times on the way to my car.

Haha! No shit. I don't think I've ever been to any concert and not had to pee at least once. Then again I like to enjoy some drinks and music. I don't have to have my eyes glued on the band to have a great time at a show. And I certainly don't need to see/hear Jeremy for the millionth time to feel like I didn't miss anything. :confounded:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2015

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

Haha! No shit. I don't think I've ever been to any concert and not had to pee at least once. Then again I like to enjoy some drinks and music. I don't have to have my eyes glued on the band to have a great time at a show. And I certainly don't need to see/hear Jeremy for the millionth time to feel like I didn't miss anything. :confounded:
    If I'm drinking the booze I'm guaranteed to go to the washroom at least twice. I do think it's a bit obsessive to refuse to miss even one minute of a 3+ hour long show, lol. I always figured the no-pee thing was just for people in the front half of the GA pit, which is understandable.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJ_Soul said:

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

If I'm drinking the booze I'm guaranteed to go to the washroom at least twice. I do think it's a bit obsessive to refuse to miss even one minute of a 3+ hour long show, lol. I always figured the no-pee thing was just for people in the front half of the GA pit, which is understandable.
    Yes; if I were ever lucky enough to get GA tickets and dedicated enough to sit out there for hours to get up front, I wouldn't leave for a pee break. That would require no liquids for many hours ahead but hey, I could go without drinking for a good cause. In any other circumstance there's really no point to it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Sirens
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

Yes; if I were ever lucky enough to get GA tickets and dedicated enough to sit out there for hours to get up front, I wouldn't leave for a pee break. That would require no liquids for many hours ahead but hey, I could go without drinking for a good cause. In any other circumstance there's really no point to it.
    FWIW, you don't have to sit for hours to get basically up front. If you show half an hour before doors you'll almost certainly be within 6 deep and probably closer.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ScreamHello_33ScreamHello_33 Orlando, FL Posts: 57
    Definitely 'Nothing As It Seems.' And actually, 'Dissident' has never really worked for me either. Although, if I ever came back from the bathroom and they followed it with 'Ole', I'd turn around and go a second time.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    even flow
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I go when I gotta go. Basically how I've always done it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mcgruff10 said:

You are. Evacuation. My father s son. Sirens. Sleight of hand. I used to go during Evenflow but no more. Oh, and no more! Terrible song.

All I can think is this going to turn into a competition, I've gone 78 shows without one pee break.

Fuck that, I pee when I have to pee. Nature calls.

So it's gonna turn into a pissing contest? ;)

Good one, but I have heard of situations where fans of the male persuasion have relieved themselves at their leisure, meaning wherever the "F" they were standing.

So not cool.

That's disgusting

I actually saw this first hand. Traveled to Montreal in '05. The guy next to my friend started taking a piss right on the floor (we had about 7th row center floor). I had to hold my friend back from knocking him out. I didn't want to get kicked out of the show. Any other band, I wouldn't have held my friend back. Looking back, I should have let my friend kick his ass. Some people are filthy animals
    I would have kicked his ass too and then personally walked myself out of the arena. I have no problem with people smoking cigs, pot or whatever else, cursing, drinking, the minute you pee, your gonna be laying in it
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    pee is actually good for you
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Peeing on someone is considered assult! Charges could be pressed. Gross.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ParnegaParnega Posts: 8
    Even Flow for sure. Great song, but seen it live enough that going pee takes priority.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    No one went for YLed. While I have a hold-my-bladder-for-concerts policy, that would be mine. Or Daughter. I, like many others, consider my consumption if watching from the pit. Once I go in and have an awesome spot, I'm not leaving it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    deadendp said:

No one went for YLed. While I have a hold-my-bladder-for-concerts policy, that would be mine. Or Daughter. I, like many others, consider my consumption if watching from the pit. Once I go in and have an awesome spot, I'm not leaving it.

Why YLed? It's not really a break if the concert is over when you're done
  • Options
    scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    Id never leave a show.. but Sirens will allow me time to stretch, check phone, chat, do anything but enjoy that song.

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1