Options

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    beer is killer, so i try to avoid getting one if possible hehehe. slow songs see ya.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Sirens. since that song doesn't really work live it's an easy one to miss.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    I never take a pee break during a concert. I try to go light on beverages. At worst I try and go before the headling band takes the stage and I can usually persevere for the whole show. I'd probably go during sirens, but it sucks trying to get your spot back in the pit if you leave.
  • Options

All I can think is this going to turn into a competition, I've gone 78 shows without one pee break.

Fuck that, I pee when I have to pee. Nature calls.

So it's gonna turn into a pissing contest? ;)

Good one, but I have heard of situations where fans of the male persuasion have relieved themselves at their leisure, meaning wherever the "F" they were standing.

So not cool.

That's disgusting

I actually saw this first hand. Traveled to Montreal in '05. The guy next to my friend started taking a piss right on the floor (we had about 7th row center floor). I had to hold my friend back from knocking him out. I didn't want to get kicked out of the show. Any other band, I wouldn't have held my friend back. Looking back, I should have let my friend kick his ass. Some people are filthy animals
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Betterman.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    pjhawks said:

Sirens. since that song doesn't really work live it's an easy one to miss.

mcgruff10 said:

You are. Evacuation. My father s son. Sirens. Sleight of hand. I used to go during Evenflow but no more. Oh, and no more! Terrible song.

imalive said:

parachutes

just breathe

sirens

Used to be Even Flow, but for the fall tour it changed to Sirens

*sigh*
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Liquid control in and out. No piss breaks.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Evacuation, even if I don't have to go. Get a squirt out of the way & possible merch purchase.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    I try to hold it in. But if I have to really go. First or second encore
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    callen said:

Liquid control in and out. No piss breaks.

That's they key part. Go light on the beverages and try to go before the headlining band takes the stage. It's not that hard to go 3 hours if you've reduced your fluid intake. You might be insanely thirst by the time it ends but at least you didn't have to duck out.

Sometimes you see asshole drinkers come in (not to be confused with respectful drinkers). They annoy you but once you see they have a beer in each hand you know it's only a matter of time before they take off for the washroom and you never see them again :)
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    If I really have to go, I hold it for an encore break.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Nothing as it Seems
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    If I am in GA I stop drinking fluids at 3pm and just bring a pack of gum for when I feel thirsty. If I have a seat I don't worry about it. I can go to the washroom within 2 minutes. No biggie. I definitely don't want to feel like I have to pee while I'm trying to enjoy the show, so holding it isn't an option. Just go right away so you aren't distracted by your bladder.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    They should play a 2 hour Even Flow
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited June 2015
    I never had to go but if I did it would be Sirens or Last Kiss
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    Jeremy, Betterman, or Even Flow.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Last Kiss.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Last Kiss; First Piss
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I time it...I stop consuming beverages at a certain point before the show, then wait to pee until after. Although I have to say cutz and PJ_Soul are awesome people to have hold your place in the pit when you run off to pee between the opener and PJ.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    it is called house music after 33+ songs
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    I took a piss break once when they opened for Tom Petty, it was during the Petty portion of the show and I nearly missed Ed coming out for The Waiting. Never again.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Twelve shows and never a bathroom break. No liquids two hours before the show and immodium are my secret weapons.

If I had to though, last kiss or just about anything off Riot Act.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    red mos said:

none, I wait until after.the shows

That is what I do also
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    edited June 2015
    Funny stuff.
    How people can admit that they have gone to 20-30-40 shows, and never urinated.

You people a little obsessed? Hahahaha

Im 50 years old.
    I urinate during the 5th, 9th, 13th, 21st, and 26th songs.
    Then I purposely leave before the 2nd encore, and urinate 4 times on the way to my car.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    No such thing as a pee break at a PJ show.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.
    Then I purposely leave before the 2nd encore, and urinate 4 times on the way to my car.

hahahahahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Nami said:

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

hahahahahaha
    What do people really think they will miss, if they go and use the restroom?
    When you get up from your seat, Pearl Jam will be playing songs.
    When you return from the restroom, Pearl Jam will still be playing songs.

You really wont be missing much.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2015

Nami said:

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

hahahahahaha

Agreed. I have seen people literally suffering through the shows with their bladders about to burst rather than running to the washroom real quick. That makes no sense to me at all. They are so distracted by their need to pee that they're missing way more of the show than they would if they just went and took a leak.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJ_Soul said:

Nami said:

Funny stuff.

Im 50 years old.

hahahahahaha

Agreed. I have seen people literally suffering through the shows with their bladders about to burst rather than running to the washroom real quick. That makes no sense to me at all. They are so distracted by their need to pee that they're missing way more of the show than they would if they just went and took a leak.
    But what would happen if I went to the bathroom and Ed looked where I was standing?!?! Or if mike threw guitar pics in my direction?!?! Or the ultimate... If Ed shared his wine with everyone around me and I was in the God damn bathroom?!?! That s why I always wear a nice comfortable pair of depends while at a pearl jam show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Used to be Evenflow or Jeremy, because I saw so many 90s shows I felt like I was good with those songs and wasn't missing anything dramatic. I actually don't go during those songs anymore.

Wishlist has ALWAYS been a pee break... or merch break... anything break song. I just have heard it enough and don't love it live. Only when Ed used to do the mirror reflection stuff did I feel like I was missing something.

That said, I don't often have to go on pee breaks during shows - I've definitely gone whole shows without them.