Options

Petition for Ten Club only tour

2»

Comments

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    3 nights at massey hall in toronto would be legendary.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Add Vancouver dates or Seattle will destroy and disappoint us all
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    Sure....that'll be $5,000/ticket.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Most bands actually do club/theater tours for their entire career... there are tons of options out there venue wise, for example I am going to see gaslight anthem next month at a club that is not TM or livenation controlled...

This tour would not be a cash cow obviously, but I am sure the boys will be ok... and the merch, boots, etc will help make up for it I am sure

Club Touring Band DVD anyone? Tour boxset? Vault releases... I am confident management could figure out ways to generate revenue to help offset the lack of ticket sales

Shit, EV only plays theaters & opera houses... I saw Tres Mts. in philly with about 300 people and that tour included 2 members of PJ... so I think a full band, fan club only theater tour is TOTALLY possible
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    What about if they choose a place, say Chicago, and then set up shop for like 2 weeks of shows. 8-10 shows for example. And this way everybody gets a chance?

Now on the flip side, I know some of you fuckers would be super butt hurt if you couldn't attend all 10 shows with rail. So we'd prob have 75% of the threads be bitching because of the that.

None of these ideas are gonna happen. Nice to dream tho
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Zod said:

ldent42 said:

I think I'd like this idea better if it was in addition to a regular tour.
    For example, two or three dates in each city, one regular arena night, one small club 10c only night. And in the cities where they almost always play back to back nights in arenas I'd say do that and then do the small show a couple days later.

I don't like the idea of a whole tour that non-10c members cannot access at all. I think 10c member only shows in conjunction with a regular tour would be sweeeeeet.

How do you sell that idea to band. Instead of moving onto the next city where you could sell out another arena, we want you to play a different venue in this city, to a small crowd and make less money?

I'm a die hard PJ fan but it's pretty easy to tell the guys aren't super big on touring. They do small spurts, play places almost guaranteed to sell out, and make their cash fairly quick.

We all want to see our favorite bands play smaller venues, but the way PJ does it's thing, it seems like a far fetched dream for them to do a series of small gigs. On their best years they maybe do a month long leg here and there? I can't see them taking pay cuts from playing fewer cities by adding in club/theatre shows into the schedule.

The other thing, is how many of the best Theatre's/Club's now have exclusive ticketing contracts with Ticketmaster (or whatever the local version of TM is). TM restricts fan club ticket quantities. Could/Would the band be willing to organize their own tour (like the '95 tour). Are there enough decent non TM venues left? Hasn't the band hit that point where they get paid, and let the promoter do all the work? The vitalogy tour was a tough one.

There's no way I wouldn't complain if I didn't get ticket :)
    I agree with the above, but I am also a tiny bit disappointed. Why indeed don't they bother at all anymore once they grow big, to step out of their comfort zone and do indeed do crazy things, like a free concert in central park, just to name an example, or like U2 on that roof? I live in Holland and can find them a nice big play ground.
    Is it because of money, or just too tiring?
    What do you think?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I would just think there is an entire machine that goes into a show. A lot of planning for logistics, safety, etc go into it. There are many people who work on it and need money, not just the band.

I don't see what they would gain out of some 'stunt' like playing on a rooftop or a free concert in the park. Foo Fighters get all sorts of accolades for doing all sorts of shit, but I'm past the point of kind of rolling my eyes at a lot of the things that they do (and I do like the Foo Fighters). To me, a lot of it comes off as a bit over the top and insincere.
    Pearl Jam isn't together that much/enough to waste time doing a lot of that stuff anyways. They seem to spend time apart which IMO likely allows them to stay creative enough with side projects to feed their souls, and also allow Pearl Jam to remain together for 25 years and counting.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    badbrains said:

What about if they choose a place, say Chicago, and then set up shop for like 2 weeks of shows. 8-10 shows for example. And this way everybody gets a chance?

Now on the flip side, I know some of you fuckers would be super butt hurt if you couldn't attend all 10 shows with rail. So we'd prob have 75% of the threads be bitching because of the that.

That's in. If they were going to play for two weeks how much less money do they make playing 8-10 theatre shows over touring and playing 6 to 8 arena shows....

A small venue tour would be awesome, but it's a dream. PJ likes to keep tours short and tight and make enough money that they can coast for a while afterwards :) It's honestly what I would do. Work a few months of the year tops.... It'd be hard to get tired of your job. It's a pretty sweet gig.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    my2hands said:

Most bands actually do club/theater tours for their entire career... there are tons of options out there venue wise, for example I am going to see gaslight anthem next month at a club that is not TM or livenation controlled...

This tour would not be a cash cow obviously, but I am sure the boys will be ok... and the merch, boots, etc will help make up for it I am sure

Club Touring Band DVD anyone? Tour boxset? Vault releases... I am confident management could figure out ways to generate revenue to help offset the lack of ticket sales

Shit, EV only plays theaters & opera houses... I saw Tres Mts. in philly with about 300 people and that tour included 2 members of PJ... so I think a full band, fan club only theater tour is TOTALLY possible

What two members of pj were in tres mts? Jeff and?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Zod said:

badbrains said:

That's in. If they were going to play for two weeks how much less money do they make playing 8-10 theatre shows over touring and playing 6 to 8 arena shows....

A small venue tour would be awesome, but it's a dream. PJ likes to keep tours short and tight and make enough money that they can coast for a while afterwards :) It's honestly what I would do. Work a few months of the year tops.... It'd be hard to get tired of your job. It's a pretty sweet gig.
    Yup and if they stayed in one city, it would cut down travel costs and maximize their profits too.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wow you guys are overANALizing everything.. Who cares about the machine that goes into a tour.. Small venues..the band..and ice cold beer..easy.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    badbrains said:

Zod said:

badbrains said:

Yup and if they stayed in one city, it would cut down travel costs and maximize their profits too.
    and cut down on that NASTY carbon footprint....
    ok. it's decided.... New York City residency.....
    Nart, I am staying with you for a week.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

Zod said:

badbrains said:

and cut down on that NASTY carbon footprint....
    ok. it's decided.... New York City residency.....
    Nart, I am staying with you for a week.
    I'm IN too!!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Sweet, Logan and Dave are set if this happens.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I have signed the petition.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Yep, sounds like a plan to me!! :hang_loose:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    That would be a dream come true
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It would be pretty fucking cool.....understatement of the century.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

McCready toured with them as their guitarist... my ticket cost less then $15 at the door
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

McCready toured with them as their guitarist... my ticket cost less then $15 at the door
    Damn I didn't know mike was there; that s really awesome!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......