Options

The "NON" Bill of Rights

had to share this - Godfather.

'We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights.'

ARTICLE I:
You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth.. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II:
You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of dummies, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III:
You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV:
You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V:
You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI:
You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you get the blue juice.

ARTICLE VII:
You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure..

ARTICLE VIII:
You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX:
You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X:
This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you came from, English is our language. Learn it!

Lastly

ARTICLE XI:
You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, sorry if you are uncomfortable with it.

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited May 2015
    Is it really that hard to press one for english?

The rest of them are pretty accurate.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

hahhahhahha ! I just had to share this.
    but as great timming would have it... I have a contractor working at my house who came frome Isreal when he was 20 years old(he is now 42) and said he knew 4 words when he got here but within a short period of time he was able to communicate enough to comfortably get by and a short time later he was communicating (in english) with no problem.
    he told me this: when you are invited into someones home you should respect thier culture and learn to speak thier language.

Godfather.

• Options

hahhahhahha ! I just had to share this.
    but as great timming would have it... I have a contractor working at my house who came frome Isreal when he was 20 years old(he is now 42) and said he knew 4 words when he got here but within a short period of time he was able to communicate enough to comfortably get by and a short time later he was communicating (in english) with no problem.
    he told me this: when you are invited into someones home you should respect thier culture and learn to speak thier language.

Godfather.

I do not disagree with that sentiment. When I hear people say "we speak American here!" I just want to vomit. It's really not that big of a deal. Most Americans butcher the English language anyway.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Brilliant stuff!!! And a liberals worst nightmare
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    We are not founded on "the belief in one true God". We are founded on separation of church and state. Most of the founding fathers were deists certainly not fundamentalists that believe that a god has a hand in everything.

The 1796 Treaty of Tripoli states, "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
    --John Adams

And we could even state that at least one or two (Ben Franklin comes to mind) were most likely atheists. You should check out the book "The Faiths of our Founding Fathers" as Holmes goes through the predominant religions of the time and explains how those religions influenced (or not) the founding fathers.

amazon.com/Faiths-Founding-Fathers-David-Holmes/dp/0195300920/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432824096&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=faths+of+our+founding+fathers
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    Interesting but hardly brilliant and certainly not a nightmare.

This country was not founded on the belief in one true God. It was founded in part by people seeking to pursue religious freedom (my Amish ancestors, for example) but even more so, it was founded by criminal people seeking to run from the law and people seeking to extract resources from a nearly pristine environment. Mostly though, it was founded by thugs.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    riotgrl said:

We are not founded on "the belief in one true God". We are founded on separation of church and state. Most of the founding fathers were deists certainly not fundamentalists that believe that a god has a hand in everything.

The 1796 Treaty of Tripoli states, "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
    --John Adams

And we could even state that at least one or two (Ben Franklin comes to mind) were most likely atheists. You should check out the book "The Faiths of our Founding Fathers" as Holmes goes through the predominant religions of the time and explains how those religions influenced (or not) the founding fathers.

amazon.com/Faiths-Founding-Fathers-David-Holmes/dp/0195300920/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432824096&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=faths+of+our+founding+fathers

I argue this with my father in law all the time. He insists that all of our laws come from god. His god, you know, the right one.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    america (or canada) was never "founded" to begin with. it was stolen. that's like walking into someone else's house, murdering them, and telling everyone you built it.

add another article: Article XII: the right to bear arms was given to you by men over 200 years ago as a way of protecting the public from government tyranny. it was an ammendment to a constitution and can, and should, much like the 18th ammendment, be repealed. it is not a human right. it is an antiquated notion, and has been bastardized by old white men under the false pretense of "protection" and people with a superhero complex.

one true god. where to begin on that one.

and I fucking hate the "learn english" BS. I hear this from my parents all the time about foreigners. if the natives enforced this when the white man came, English would be a dead language here. we'd all be speaking ojibway.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    This is great GF.I love it.I may even print it and put it on the fridge for daily review.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    This one jumps out as being important to remember...

ARTICLE II:
    You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of dummies, and probably always will be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    love the idiotic chain mails that go out to conservatives. They lap it up like the morons they are.

'Murica Fuck Yeah
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Article X is pretty funny, given the OP has a lot of problems writing the English language.
  • Options
    riotgrl said:

--John Adams

we are in my house.

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

riotgrl said:

--John Adams

we are in my house.

Godfather.

Hahaha so what?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    This thing is dumb, it's the sort of idiocy that (should) embarass conservatives.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892

riotgrl said:

--John Adams

we are in my house.

Godfather.

But your post was directed towards American in general who are not founded as one nation under god. Everyone has the right to abide by their own religious beliefs but it is incorrect to ascribe those same beliefs to our founding fathers and to state that they had the same beliefs as you when they did not.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Corporate Bill of NON Rights:

Article 1: First and foremost, you do not have the rights of a citizen of the United States, regardless of what your bought off Justices have declared.

Article 2: You do not have the right to buy elections and the candidates running, this is not a part of the democratic process.

Article 3: You do not have the right to injure and destroy property and people's health in your pursuit of profit. Pollution and destruction must be regulated to ensure the right to healthy citizens.

Article 4: You do not have the right to bribe judges and city officials to obtain impunity in the violation of citizens' rights.

Article 5: You do not have the right to welfare, if you cannot sustain profitability without government subsidies, too bad so sad.

Article 6: You do not have the right to obfuscate your means of wealth generation to avoid the legally required tax liability.

Article 7: You do not have the right to earn revenue from U.S. citizens, under protection of the commerce laws of the U.S. government, without paying the the legally required taxes which uphold the protection of law. Foreign tax havens are a violation of law.

Article 8, 9, 10 and all subsequent articles: Lastly, and most importantly, You do not have the rights of a U.S. citizen!
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    I bet Dick Cheney disagrees with you rgambs...
  • Options
    riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

--John Adams

we are in my house.

Godfather.

But your post was directed towards American in general who are not founded as one nation under god. Everyone has the right to abide by their own religious beliefs but it is incorrect to ascribe those same beliefs to our founding fathers and to state that they had the same beliefs as you when they did not.</blockquot

one nation under God with liberty and justis for all......sound about right .

Godfather.

• Options

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

--John Adams

we are in my house.

Godfather.

But your post was directed towards American in general who are not founded as one nation under god. Everyone has the right to abide by their own religious beliefs but it is incorrect to ascribe those same beliefs to our founding fathers and to state that they had the same beliefs as you when they did not.
    I'll bet you didn't know that "under God" wasn't added to the pledge until 1954. The original version also didn't arise until almost 100 years after the country was founded, and wasn't officially adopted until 1942.
    Also, while on the topic, the final article is bullshit because "In God We Trust" was first put on money in 1864 and was adopted as the motto in 1956 as a replacement to the unofficial motto that THE FOUNDERS selected for the Great Seal in 1782. E Pluribus Unum, which of course means "Out of many, one"...

I wouldn't expect Fox News viewers to know that, having been shown to be less informed than people who don't watch the news at all.
  • Options
    Quotes are fucked, all of the text is mine, in response to, and directed at Godfather.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "justis"...oh, GF =)

I think the "speak English" thing IS important when it comes to vital communication, dealing with coworkers or the public (depending on field and location), etc. Other times, doesn't really matter. Hell, my grandmother spoke barely a word of English - and we communicated just fine! - yet she didn't really need to given her circumstances. I'm sure there have been and continue to be many others in similar situations.

Really, doesn't the majority of the rest of it come down to common sense, compassion and holding ourselves accountable?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Nothing here that i would call brilliant at all more like pathetic .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Pathetic Jose? Surely you must at least agree with a few of these?
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I agree with them all but the last 2... And still I find it pathetic. It comes from a very petty and misled state of mind that has been duped by informational sleight of hand. Pay attention to the lowest example of citizenry so you don't notice the man behind the curtain who is robbing you blind to a much larger degree.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

I agree with them all but the last 2... And still I find it pathetic. It comes from a very petty and misled state of mind that has been duped by informational sleight of hand. Pay attention to the lowest example of citizenry so you don't notice the man behind the curtain who is robbing you blind to a much larger degree.
    Why do you say that Gambs?
    How does your last sentence have any relevance to what was stated in that list?
    Nothing up on that list said don't be benevolent.It just encourages self empowerment.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    And then there's this, haha!....
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_of_Wrongs

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Why do you say that Gambs?
    How does your last sentence have any relevance to what was stated in that list?
    Nothing up on that list said don't be benevolent.It just encourages self empowerment.
    The relevance is that the entire list is a rant against the conservative theme of the "welfare state" and it's recipients. I know you don't do much social media, but this is a very common sort of thing that gets shared around with false patriotism and memes that keep snopes in business. The entire thing is a distraction to keep corporate welfare and influence peddling off the minds of the dim-witted kind of folks who embrace the Tea Party. If they were truly made to understand the amount of money that the insanely wealthy take from their pockets they would have no reason (besides simple pettiness) to begrudge poor people leading miserable lives.
  • Options
    It isn't about self-empowerment, it is about keeping prevalent the notion that there is a vast portion of the population which has no ambition, only entitlement. I don't understand how you can take this seriously, it is mockery and it is poorly written as well.
    The fact that you don't see these d-baggy memes and chain letters regularly is the only reason I can see for you to take it seriously.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    hedonist said:

"justis"...oh, GF =)

I think the "speak English" thing IS important when it comes to vital communication, dealing with coworkers or the public (depending on field and location), etc. Other times, doesn't really matter. Hell, my grandmother spoke barely a word of English - and we communicated just fine! - yet she didn't really need to given her circumstances. I'm sure there have been and continue to be many others in similar situations.

Really, doesn't the majority of the rest of it come down to common sense, compassion and holding ourselves accountable?

Maybe, but the sentiment coms from a place of blatant racism. Speak our language or get the fuck out! It is all based in fear and paranoia, not to mention feelings of inadequacy of only being able to (barely) speak one language.

There's this turd at work who is always bitching about "those guys" that speak in their native tongue in her presence, like in the elevator. She is not even involved in their conversation, obviously. She thinks it should be corporate policy to speak english when in the presence of others. She's just paranoid that they are talking about her. I hope they are. Its pathetic.

Speak whatever fucking language you want around me. If I moved to the mid east, and had a few co workers that also spoke english, damn straight id be speaking it to them instead of my second language.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com