Options

Feeling fine about the mystery sale - thanks 10C

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
Went better than expected. Whether I actually get it or not, this was better than a lot of concert tickets sales I've dealt with through Ticketmaster, so considering the traffic/demand, i thought that went okay, and it was a fun idea. Got everyone excited.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Comments

• Options
    It's not the kill... it's the thrill of the chase!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    It didn't go as OK for me and it was a LOT like trying to get something from Ticketmaster. But I was lingering for the possible "it's back in stock" message and I have it now and I feel much better.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Perspective will have a lot to do with how people feel about this sale.
  • Options
    It's just a frustrating thing to have it and not have it. If you have it now, you're fine. And if you don't, it's still frustrating. I think I kept a cool head for myself. Good Benny vibes to everyone!
  • Options
    MedozK said:

I came into it knowing it was going to be a shitshow. It was. I happened to score, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day if I didn't.

Now that I've scored... I almost have buyer's remorse. $100 may have just landed me Backspacer.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I'll be happy if it went through, and no less happy if it did not, still have 2 beautiful kids that mean more than any record could.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

MedozK said:

I came into it knowing it was going to be a shitshow. It was. I happened to score, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day if I didn't.

Now that I've scored... I almost have buyer's remorse. $100 may have just landed me Backspacer.
    Lol. Yeah, $100 CND is really steep. Best to try and get the right perspective and soak up the good part of the anticipation, since I might have basically just flushed $100 down the toilet, hahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

I'll be happy if it went through, and no less happy if it did not, still have 2 beautiful kids that mean more than any record could.

That's obviously the best attitude to have.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    hrd2imgn said:

My baby girl started crawling this morning. Was unable to complete the purchase, but I've got a beautiful, healthy Peanut, so.....it's okay
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Yeah I spent 60 for a fan club single and a side project lp. Probably around $30 worth of stuff. Whatever.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

hrd2imgn said:

My baby girl started crawling this morning. Was unable to complete the purchase, but I've got a beautiful, healthy Peanut, so.....it's okay
    Nice. :heart:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I have had easier ticket buying experiences here..... another stellar 10C sale.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    That whole "not available for purchase you are not a member" was just dandy. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

hrd2imgn said:

That's just lovely. Congrats on the REAL prize.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015

That whole "not available for purchase you are not a member" was just dandy. :)

Ha, I felt like this...
    https://youtu.be/5QQdNbvSGok
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,936
    Wouldn't go so far as to say I feel fine about it but I'm not overly upset about being shut out, either. We all had ample reason to believe the website wouldn't be able to handle the traffic, and we all knew supply was not going to measure up to demand.

Is it annoying to try for 40 minutes, endure repeated time outs and white screens, and have nothing to show for it? Yes it is...but that's all it is. Annoying. Life goes on and this way 10c doesn't get to overcharge me for a Tres Mts or Brad record.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    It's terrible. Let's not kid ourselves.

40 minutes of false positives and strange checkout loops isn't anywhere near ideal
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229

MedozK said:

$100? I thought it was $50 for the mystery vinyl?

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

It's terrible. Let's not kid ourselves.

40 minutes of false positives and strange checkout loops isn't anywhere near ideal

I really just don't care. 40 minutes is nothing in my view. Not sure why people are getting so worked up about it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

MedozK said:

$100? I thought it was $50 for the mystery vinyl?

$100 Canadian, including shipping. The exchange rate plummeted recently. Fell by 20% in the last few months. It's hurting us Canucks bad.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    ^^^^^^^^^Shipping was a lot more outside the US.

It is all very much perspective. But at the same time when they did random drops in the store everyone went crazy saying it wasn't fair. They have proven their site can't handle that many people at one time so this is the way it will be. Its a lose/lose situation for them. Should they spend a ton more on services for the site for a couple of times a year? Probably not in the big scheme as the site can handle normal user load. Now I scored one after 25 minutes of death screens and being told I'm not a member so my view is skewed from that prism.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^^Shipping was a lot more outside the US.

It is all very much perspective. But at the same time when they did random drops in the store everyone went crazy saying it wasn't fair. They have proven their site can't handle that many people at one time so this is the way it will be. Its a lose/lose situation for them. Should they spend a ton more on services for the site for a couple of times a year? Probably not in the big scheme as the site can handle normal user load. Now I scored one after 25 minutes of death screens and being told I'm not a member so my view is skewed from that prism.

I dealt with the same thing - didn't mind waiting and staring at the white wall of death, lmao, and clicking login a bunch of times. I had some music playing.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I got shut out of all of my show tickets last tour. What is this?
  • Options

I got shut out of all of my show tickets last tour. What is this?

Too many damn fans. ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone even know what they're missing out on?
  • Options

Does anyone even know what they're missing out on?

Brad LP and 99 Problems. :tongue:
  • Options
    :rofl::rofl:
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I spent longer online trying to get Brand New tickets yesterday than I did with this today. And both sales had glitches. I missed out on Brand New but was successful here (well we'll define 'successful' when I see what the vinyl is ;))

Point is, there's no point getting wound up about these things. When the system first started messing up I was actually laughing. At times we take this stuff too seriously.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 779
    Lovin' the kid comments. Feel the same way
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 950
    Was it frustrating? Yes
    But in my opinion it was no different than any other limited items I've bought online before.
    If you really wanted this item, 1hr of clicking F5 and getting through is not a huge effort in my mind.
    Would I have liked it to be an easier transaction? Yes. But if you thought it would be easy, you are naive in my mind, especially after having been around these parts for a number of years and knowing the demand of us crazy fans.