Options

Feeling fine about the mystery sale - thanks 10C

2»

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I was not a member for F5 days.
    I was trying to get a mystery vinyl for my friend and ticket buddy who was out at the brick and mortar RSD sale somewhere. I woke up early and sat here trying to do this for 40 minutes before getting the message about it being unavailable. It was more annoying than ticketmaster, in my opinion.
    I don't know if I agree that it should've been a lottery, but I DO think it would have been better off if they had kept the lottery payment process for this, instead of the regular shop transaction process, because that seemed to be where a lot of the trouble was when the "log in" problem was solved.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    I went through the same process and fits and starts that everyone else seemed to enjoy.

But I did it while on my phone while walking my dog in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.

I wasn't really expecting to get through but I did and I'm happy.

Bummer for those that weren't successful
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited April 2015

I went through the same process and fits and starts that everyone else seemed to enjoy.

But I did it while on my phone while walking my dog in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.

I really love smartphones. Greatest invention of all time? Maybe.... I'd vote for it. Screw the printing press. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

That's actually really cool! Hopefully no stress, just good vibes with a canine. I love dogs such kindred spirits.

I didn't get one, but equally had a good time out doors hanging out with the fam. Ob la di...right.

Good for you!
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Not bummed about not scoring one but the whole "log in/not a member" thing was annoying. I knew it was going to be tough to get so not pissed about it at all. Congrats to those that scored and kudos to 10c for making it available (and for enduring all the crap they get for it).
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    C'mon Red LB!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    I think PJ_Soul is a 10 Club operative, paid to spread positivity about the 10 Club. lol
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389

I think PJ_Soul is a 10 Club operative, paid to spread positivity about the 10 Club. lol

She's here to keep things interesting...
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i love this forum. think its the best around. very entertaining. this club is still the best. i don't care how pissed off some of you get. i got here because of the music , everything else is absolute gravy. the people in this fan club are for the most part great. as i have said before go listen to a great bootleg and forget about who got a mystery package. there are far greater issues like the one pete and eddie are giving their time to. think about that for a moment.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    edited April 2015
    Not the first time I've ever been shut out of getting something on here. Never a complaint about it in the past. Lots of avid PJ fans + limited supply = some are going to get one, some aren't. It's basic math.

But this is the first time I've ever had to deal with something as disheartening as purchasing something, getting my credit card charged for it, receiving a confirmation message, yet, apparently, never actually purchasing it.

Add the fact that I was barred from the second wave of the sale due to this purchase that wasn't actually a purchase and yeah, I'm pretty disappointed.

But I've acted a fool on here enough and probably offended some people (I apologize to any that I have), so I'm just going to let it go. As long as I get my money back it's all good.

It's cool how some people are able to put things in perspective by mentioning the bigger things in life, especially their children. I don't have any of those, but I have my dog and my record collection, and at the end of the day that's about all I need to be happy.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524

Not the first time I've ever been shut out of getting something on here. Never a complaint about it in the past. Lots of avid PJ fans + limited supply = some are going to get one, some aren't. It's basic math.

But this is the first time I've ever had to deal with something as disheartening as purchasing something, getting my credit card charged for it, receiving a confirmation message, yet, apparently, never actually purchasing it.

Add the fact that I was barred from the second wave of the sale due to this purchase that wasn't actually a purchase and yeah, I'm pretty disappointed.

But I've acted a fool on here enough and probably offended some people (I apologize to any that I have), so I'm just going to let it go. As long as I get my money back it's all good.

It's cool how some people are able to put things in perspective by mentioning the bigger things in life, especially their children. I don't have any of those, but I have my dog and my record collection, and at the end of the day that's about all I need to be happy.

Don't get too discouraged, man. I think most of us have been in a situation where we want answers from the 10 Club but never get them. Sounds like you've sent emails, so I'm hoping you do finally get an answer.

I don't understand how anybody could get offended by people expressing problems with their experience. Part of our membership fee is the ability to express ourselves on this forum, and when people do, all they get is that they are "whining" or "complaining". Suppressing dissent is a very dangerous thing to do (as multiple incidents in history can attest to). I don't think you did anything wrong, so don't let these people get you down.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

If we don't get our $ back I guess I'd file a fraud request with my bank? I'd like to think there's no way it comes to that. But I guess my question is, how do they know to release it if that part of the transaction went through? A little communication would go a long way.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Here's my 2 cents (not that it matters). I love the 10c. For the most part I think they do a good job and really care about the bands fans. I think the mystery sale was a really cool thing to offer and appreciate having a chance at some rare vinyl I don't have. What I didn't care for about this sale was the frustrating circle of...1. Not logged in 2. In my cart and then 3. White screen after shipping address.

I was fully prepared that I may not get the mystery vinyl and am truly not upset I didn't get it. I understand all of the "more important things in life" statements and no it didn't "ruin my day". I just was very frustrated sitting in front of my computer for almost an hour and not knowing if I it was sold out or not. It really shouldn't be hard to let us know A. it's sold out or B. Your purchase went through, here's your confirmation email. Definitely shouldn't have to be super frustrated for almost an hour logging in/logging out and not knowing what the fuck is going on while seeing others post "I got one!"

Oh well. Congrats to those who got it. I hope you guys get some cool stuff you wanted!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

That whole "not available for purchase you are not a member" was just dandy. :)

:lol:

That whole "not available for purchase you are not a member" was just dandy. :)

Ha, I felt like this...
    https://youtu.be/5QQdNbvSGok
    :rofl::rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    The thing is, anyone that was successful knew they got one almost straight away. They got a confirmation email and a confirmation number in their order history. If people weren't sure if they got one it's probably because they didn't. Still sucks though.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184

The thing is, anyone that was successful knew they got one almost straight away. They got a confirmation email and a confirmation number in their order history. If people weren't sure if they got one it's probably because they didn't. Still sucks though.

But then I heard there was a "2nd wave" or something while I was stuck on a white screen. Which then made me keep trying in hopes of scoring one. I wish it would've just said sold out when they were gone.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

Yeah typically when I don't get something they also don't have my money. Pretty unusual situation there.

• Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    It was horrible and a waste of 40 minutes I could have spent waiting in line at my local independent record store instead for RSD. To say this is expected and the status quo and nothing can be done to fix the situation is ridiculous.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    The mystery vinyl is still a mystery for me. I'm one who has a credit card charge but nothing in order history and no email. Oh well. It's just a record. It's not anything THAT important. I listen to my records and if I got a Benny I'd play it {GASP}!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203