Options

Instagram...?

PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
So just wondering if any of you guys use instagram...I am kinda obsessed with it. lol That's the photographer in me...anyway, I'd love to follow you and vice versa...I already follow a bunch of awesome PJ people, and would love to add to my list...if you have it...

My username on there is the same as here...if you're not comfortable posting your username, feel free to PM it to me... :smile:
Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
Tattooed Dissident!

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Same as my user name...feel free to follow if you like.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    Mines the same as my user name too, welcome to follow , I'm pretty boring though :blush:
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I will add you as soon as my phone starts cooperating with me...lol I have shit for service at work... :bawling:
    Gillycw said:

Mines the same as my user name too, welcome to follow , I'm pretty boring though :blush:

I followed you back this morning...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    What IS Instagram?? ( this is really the only social media format I follow..)
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Instagram is awesome...you post pictures...photos you take or things that inspire you, or pics of Eddie Vedder (guilty)...lol ANYTHING and little like captions with them...all from your phone...you follow people and people follow you and you like each other's photos...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

Instagram is awesome...you post pictures...photos you take or things that inspire you, or pics of Eddie Vedder (guilty)...lol ANYTHING and little like captions with them...all from your phone...you follow people and people follow you and you like each other's photos...
    Hmm so.. Kinda like Twotter and FB with pics? Or am
    I off on that. ( cause I was NOT impressed with FB or Twitter.. Lol) I don't mind social Media.. I
    Just don't get along well with most other people.. Especially online.. ( go figure eh?) so I'm careful what I get involved with.. I
    Might go check it out.. If I like it, I'll add you guys.. But if not.. I'll stick with here! Lol but I'm a crazy picture taker!! Lol there's 18,291 pics in my phone!! ( maybe that's why it's so slow??)
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I was thinking about joining and was just wondering if you are allowed to post pictures of shit. I took a massive dump this morning, I nearly had to lower it with a rope. I would have loved to share a picture of it. Please advise.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    StevieG said:

I was thinking about joining and was just wondering if you are allowed to post pictures of shit. I took a massive dump this morning, I nearly had to lower it with a rope. I would have loved to share a picture of it. Please advise.

OMG...are you my husband in disguise??? :rofl: He would so do that! You can pretty much post a pick of anything, but other people can flag it if they think it inappropriate...and then it's up to IG to decide if you actually violated any policies...honestly I don't think that would...as disgusting as it is... :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

PJSiren said:

Hmm so.. Kinda like Twotter and FB with pics? Or am
    I off on that. ( cause I was NOT impressed with FB or Twitter.. Lol) I don't mind social Media.. I
    Just don't get along well with most other people.. Especially online.. ( go figure eh?) so I'm careful what I get involved with.. I
    Might go check it out.. If I like it, I'll add you guys.. But if not.. I'll stick with here! Lol but I'm a crazy picture taker!! Lol there's 18,291 pics in my phone!! ( maybe that's why it's so slow??)
    Yeah...check it out...and see if you like it...PJ has an official IG...I follow it...I take mad pics too, my phone is full of them as well...I'm really bad about deleting them too... I'm a picture hoarder :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    PJSiren said:

StevieG said:

OMG...are you my husband in disguise??? :rofl: He would so do that! You can pretty much post a pick of anything, but other people can flag it if they think it inappropriate...and then it's up to IG to decide if you actually violated any policies...honestly I don't think that would...as disgusting as it is... :lol:
    Thanks for the info, I'll let you know if I join. Perhaps you and your husband could follow me, hahaha.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    My hubby doesn't belong...but I would follow you... even if you post stuff like that...lol, i cuold share it with my hubs and he would get a kick out of it...I did almost last night post a pic of a nasty public toilet, but I thought better of it! haha
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Ok, I followed you PJSiren, then you can follow me.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

It actually gave me service for like 5 seconds to follow you back...lol then it dropped out...GRRR, have I mentioned I hate working in a warehouse...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Ok.. And now that I havea spare two seconds.. I shall Google Instagram!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

It actually gave me service for like 5 seconds to follow you back...lol then it dropped out...GRRR, have I mentioned I hate working in a warehouse...
    My phone does the same thing at work. Ergh!! Hence my
    Last minute, pre-work-Google!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    WH I think Instagram is actually kind of better for people who have had issues with fb/twitter in the past. Usually I see people deleting their accounts because of drama they get wrapped up in and/or issues with people stalking them. Instagram is just pictures and captions/comments. You can set your account 'private' so that you have to approve anyone who requests to follow you. There's no PMs.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

WH I think Instagram is actually kind of better for people who have had issues with fb/twitter in the past. Usually I see people deleting their accounts because of drama they get wrapped up in and/or issues with people stalking them. Instagram is just pictures and captions/comments. You can set your account 'private' so that you have to approve anyone who requests to follow you. There's no PMs.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention you can make your page private...major important thing if you want to keep it from people! That might be good for you! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention you can make your page private...major important thing if you want to keep it from people! That might be good for you! :-)
    Thanks! I will look into that more!
  • Options
    You can DM or Direct Message people...yes/no?

I know you can block people and report them as well.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I see no option for DMs.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    You can actually DM someone a picture...I have sent a few just to my best friend through that option...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Direct Message.. Is that like a PM there?
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    I'm going to start an account. I've been meaning too but just haven't had the time. Being that I'm off all week I will for sure.

I'm bummed not too many people on Pinterest. I LOVE pintrest. Plan on doing a few PJ inspired crafty/artsy stuff this week too.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

Yeah...you can send a pic to people you are friends with on there...but I think you have to be friends so you shouldn't have to worry about people you don't want bothering you doing it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

I'm going to start an account. I've been meaning too but just haven't had the time. Being that I'm off all week I will for sure.

I'm bummed not too many people on Pinterest. I LOVE pintrest. Plan on doing a few PJ inspired crafty/artsy stuff this week too.

Awesome let us know when you do!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Yeah...you can send a pic to people you are friends with on there...but I think you have to be friends so you shouldn't have to worry about people you don't want bothering you doing it...
    Cool!
  • Options
    StevieG said:

Wow that is graphic :fearful:
    It would make a change from the usual pics of food & people's kids though I guess!

• Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

I will add you as soon as my phone starts cooperating with me...lol I have shit for service at work... :bawling:
    Gillycw said:

I followed you back this morning...

Cool :peace:
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I'd like to join, but all I have are pictures of my kitty. I'm sure that gets old real fast.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

I'd like to join, but all I have are pictures of my kitty. I'm sure that gets old real fast.

Dude! You have no idea how many cat accounts I follow...cats never get old... :rofl:
    Tattooed Dissident!