Options

Instagram...?

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    PJSiren said:

I'd like to join, but all I have are pictures of my kitty. I'm sure that gets old real fast.

Dude! You have no idea how many cat accounts I follow...cats never get old... :rofl:
    Ok I'm following you. I'm TWTM1219.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Sweet..I followed you back...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Ok now it's dB_Chambers1219. Sorry lol.
  • Options

Ok now it's dB_Chambers1219. Sorry lol.

Lol, it's all good you'll still be on my friends...I used to change my username on there all the time...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I'd like to join, but all I have are pictures of my kitty. I'm sure that gets old real fast.

He he he! Guilty here too!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

dude I follow two different "firehouse kitty" accounts.
    https://instagram.com/midtownboogiefdny/
    https://instagram.com/carlow_fdny_cat/

I have noticed that since I'm home I post nothing but cat pictures. def gotta curb that habit lol.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Does anybody else get weird followers? I mean like accounts that have nothing but people that post kinda skanky selfies?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Does anybody else get weird followers? I mean like accounts that have nothing but people that post kinda skanky selfies?

Wtf?!? That's why im Leary of these things!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    I'm down on ALL social media.

I don't consider this site to be social media.

I know you'd all follow me if you could, but you can't. sorry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Just curious as to how you've come to the conclusion that this site is NOT within the context of social media? ( as it totally fits the parameters).
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

dude I follow two different "firehouse kitty" accounts.
    https://instagram.com/midtownboogiefdny/
    https://instagram.com/carlow_fdny_cat/

I have noticed that since I'm home I post nothing but cat pictures. def gotta curb that habit lol.
    I'm not following those, lol

I'll follow you though if I see you.
  • Options

imalive said:

Just curious as to how you've come to the conclusion that this site is NOT within the context of social media? ( as it totally fits the parameters).
    first of all....no one asked for your opinion :lol:

secondly, this place is a chat room :tired_face: and was here long before that other shit. faceturd, twatter, instagram and, what's he new one, meerkat? are ALL scourges of society.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    imalive said:

:rofl:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

imalive said:

:rofl:
    admit it....you would.

but you can't :bawling:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

imalive said:

secondly, this place is a chat room :tired_face: and was here long before that other shit. faceturd, twatter, instagram and, what's he new one, meerkat? are ALL scourges of society.

But no one need ask my
    Opinion.. I'm an Elitist Fuck, remember? And it is just automatically a given requirement that my
    Input be in put. And this is NOT A CHAT ROOM. This is a BBS. A chat room self refreshes upon the striking of the 'enter' key. Or as in the case of IRtC type sets ( this includes all forms of messenger programs. FB, etc, included) it is in real time, and you can actually communicate in the time it takes to type.
    Side note, having been in BBS system
    Formats long before THIS site, this is the ORIGINAL form
    Of social media.. Just my Elitist Fucking POV.

You're welcome! ;-)
  • Options
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Ps.. LMMFAO@ Twatter!! Oh the tears.. Holy shit I just caught that.. Oh thanks.. You
    Made me laugh off my
    Mascara!! Lol
  • Options

imalive said:

imalive said:

But no one need ask my
    Opinion.. I'm an Elitist Fuck, remember? And it is just automatically a given requirement that my
    Input be in put. And this is NOT A CHAT ROOM. This is a BBS. A chat room self refreshes upon the striking of the 'enter' key. Or as in the case of IRtC type sets ( this includes all forms of messenger programs. FB, etc, included) it is in real time, and you can actually communicate in the time it takes to type.
    Side note, having been in BBS system
    Formats long before THIS site, this is the ORIGINAL form
    Of social media.. Just my Elitist Fucking POV.

You're welcome! ;-)
    You are SO correct wh. Right in the rules, it says this is not a chatroom, and it says that I registered for BBS. What the hell is BBS? Since i signed up for it, it's probably something I should know. :i_dunno:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

imalive said:

imalive said:

Ps.. LMMFAO@ Twatter!! Oh the tears.. Holy shit I just caught that.. Oh thanks.. You
    Made me laugh off my
    Mascara!! Lol
    Twatter is awesome. And I believe EV referred to faceturd as fuckbook. But I could be wrong. :wink:
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
  • Options
    BBS....IRtC....WTF?????

"my Input be in put" is funny, but my Input be put in is better.

of all the scourges, twatter is far and away the worst. :rage:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think Twitter is awesome, but your renaming of it made me laugh.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    I actually find twatter to be the best of them all for my purposes. The posts must be short so no rambling. Quick info and ideas to think about for later. I use Instagram now and then when I feel the need to ramble about something bc you can post more text. Mostly I just use both to read about whatever I'm interested in. I don't post pics of my kids and don't have cats so I'm a bit boring.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    For those wondering. A BBS is Bulletin Board Script. It is stranded sans HTML. However Vanilla, has formatted THIS BBS to accept simple HTML script, or strand. It means you 'tacka post scoot note'. This means you type out you're text, with editing available during the type set pre post.. Then you either hit enter, or click a post button, and the script is 'posted'. This is the only time the bulletin Board is updated. The only reason this one self updates us because it had HTML script written in.IRtC is a type set in a chat room that allows the chat to commence in real time. It stands for Instant Relay-text Command. It means you have to type in commands in order to illicit moving action in the chat. It was the original emoji coding, and how we got our moving smilies, etc. did that make sense?
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Oh you are much less boring than me. I don't twat or instagram, only fuckbook and here.
    And I try not to post pics of my kids as well. The cat is fair game. :wink:
  • Options
    imalive said:

BBS....IRtC....WTF?????

"my Input be in put" is funny, but my Input be put in is better.

of all the scourges, twatter is far and away the worst. :rage:

Touché on input out in! Much more degenerate sounding! ;-)
  • Options

For those wondering. A BBS is Bulletin Board Script. It is stranded sans HTML. However Vanilla, has formatted THIS BBS to accept simple HTML script, or strand. IRtC is a type set in a chat room that allows the chat to commence in real time. It stands for Instant Relay-text Command. It means you have to type in commands in order to illicit moving action in the chat. It was the original emoji coding, and how we got our moving smilies, etc. did that make sense?

Thank you!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

I had an account I was following morph into one of those. They had deleted all the photos and shit that were there before and changed the name, so im not like 100% sure who it was but the "tagged" posts were still there and it was a bunch of pictures from Castle so I'm assuming it was a Nathan Fillion account that probably wasn't authorized. I just unfollowed it. And my shizz is private so i have to "approve" followers. Recently I've gotten a couple travel/photo accounts which I don't mind.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    RKCNDY said:

The ones that look like mail order bride profiles? I get them all the time. And I can attest to the fact that blocking and/or reporting them doesn't help them go away.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ldent42 said:

I had an account I was following morph into one of those. They had deleted all the photos and shit that were there before and changed the name, so im not like 100% sure who it was but the "tagged" posts were still there and it was a bunch of pictures from Castle so I'm assuming it was a Nathan Fillion account that probably wasn't authorized. I just unfollowed it. And my shizz is private so i have to "approve" followers. Recently I've gotten a couple travel/photo accounts which I don't mind.

that's creepy! I follow some accounts that are somewhat normal, but I will unfollow people that constantly post ads or the same shit over and over saying "follow my other account"

The ones that look like mail order bride profiles? I get them all the time. And I can attest to the fact that blocking and/or reporting them doesn't help them go away.

YES! currently, I think half my 'followers' are Russian bride-wannabes. I should go and block them all...BRB.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Whoever started the account gave it away to someone else, and the other person did that....*MOST LIKELY* This has happened to multiple accounts I've followed when the original account creator decided to get rid of the account and posted about doing so...then the accoun goes crazy for a couple days and then does this...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

that's creepy! I follow some accounts that are somewhat normal, but I will unfollow people that constantly post ads or the same shit over and over saying "follow my other account"

YES! currently, I think half my 'followers' are Russian bride-wannabes. I should go and block them all...BRB.
    HAHA that's funny...I have a few followers like that, but definitely not half my followers...I just leave them be and don't follow them back, I could care less...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!