Options

letter from Jeremy's mother

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    edited March 2015
    Hank there are some crazy ass fans out there. Look no further than the 10c ga line. I stay as far away as possible.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    mcgruff10 said:

Hank there are some crazy ass fans out there. Look no further than the 10c ga line. I stay as far away as possible.

lol, I hear ya on that
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    So sad whether it is real or not. I have my doubts on the authenticity. If real that poor Mom still has so much pain she has yet to get past in her own life. Not criticizing, I have kids and dont think I could ever get past losing one of mine. Just sad if she still hasnt ever been able to get past it as the song serves as a daily reminder that is being used by idiot fans to only torment her worse. PJ did nothing wrong. Not an indictment on them. I just feel for the Mom as all parents can.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    cdysinge said:

So sad whether it is real or not. I have my doubts on the authenticity. If real that poor Mom still has so much pain she has yet to get past in her own life. Not criticizing, I have kids and dont think I could ever get past losing one of mine. Just sad if she still hasnt ever been able to get past it as the song serves as a daily reminder that is being used by idiot fans to only torment her worse. PJ did nothing wrong. Not an indictment on them. I just feel for the Mom as all parents can.

Well said
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296

If this truly is authentic, it really is very sad and unfortunate.
    Unintended consequences are so difficult to anticipate.

unfortunately for the band, I think if they could go back and change anything, one thing would be not releasing Jeremy as a single and making that video, I know how sensitive all the band members are, and this is the last thing they would of ever wanted
    This is a fake letter.

Also, at lunch with Ed and Stone yesterday, this topic was broached and they both, to a man, talked about how proud they were of Jeremy and the ensuing video. If they had to do it all over again, they absolutely would have done things the exact same thing.

One of the big misconceptions of the guys is how sensitive they are. Always makes me laugh when I see a fan say that. They're a bunch of hearltless pricks who just so happen to make awesome music.

If you'd like to know more, send me a pm.
    Why not just keep posting what you know Juggler? You clearly have the inside track.
    visited ed at his place in hawaii not too long ago and we had a talk about backspacer over brunch. turns out he hates it too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    There's no way in hell that's real.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    According to the newspaper article after his death, Jeremy was living with his father and his parents had divorced back in 1979, makes the authenticity of the letter seem a little less plausible.

http://www.fivehorizons.com/songs/aug99/jeremy_article.shtml

who knows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I don't think this is real. This was supposed to be 18 years after the death of "Jeremy." That puts the date of this letter 2009.

I'm calling shenanigans.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296

I don't think this is real. This was supposed to be 18 years after the death of "Jeremy." That puts the date of this letter 2009.

I'm calling shenanigans.

Of course it's fake. It's crazy that this thread even exists.

It makes me sad, as a Pearl Jam fan...this thread
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I think the release of the song was very brave if the band in fact had a say so in it becoming a single. The song forces me to ask 2 questions. 1. What could ever be so bad to end ones own life? 2. Why did this child have access to a .357? And the band didnt need this song to make it big. That would have happend regardless.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751

If this truly is authentic, it really is very sad and unfortunate.
    Unintended consequences are so difficult to anticipate.

unfortunately for the band, I think if they could go back and change anything, one thing would be not releasing Jeremy as a single and making that video, I know how sensitive all the band members are, and this is the last thing they would of ever wanted
    This is a stupid post and by that I mean this entire post from the beginning. I don't buy it, writing on a typewriter 18 years after 1991, so 2009 and then talking about emails. Even my mother stopped typewriting sometime in the early 2000s and she has no clue what 'heavy rotation' means (at least in terms of an MTV Video :blush: ). Jeremy IS WHAT MADE PEARL JAM. Alive didn't, everyone loves it now but that single came out LONG before Jeremy. It might be more popular now but the majority of fans including those on this message board and myself found the band due to Jeremy. A kid of every name on earth has probably committed suicide. Maybe they should have called it 'Suicide Song'. Sure. Jeremy struck a chord to ALL of us in the early 90s who were confused and dealing with anything and everything. I love hearing it live and I sing LOUD anytime I hear it.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16