Options

Happy 20th Anniversary 02/26/95 Manila Philippines

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
edited February 2015 in The Porch
imageimage
Happy 20th Anniversary to the Manila Philippines show on Feb. 26th 1995 At The Folk Arts Theater!
support act: Mudhoney
soundcheck: improv, Better Man jam, Hungerstrike jam
set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Stuff and Nonsense)/(WMA), Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Lukin, Whipping, Immortality, Alive
enc: Satan’s Bed, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Black, Let My Love Open the Door, Indifference

notes: A fan manages to make it onstage during the ‘Even Flow’ solo. Bouncers pulled him to the side and he has a grip on Ed’s hand. The fan fell on the stage, pulling Ed on top of him. Ed gets up just in time to continue the lyrics after Mike’s solo, singing “Even Flow …” (Footage of this is on the 3 disc set of the PJ20 DVD and Blu Ray.
Then a fight ensues between the bouncers (trying to protect the fan) and the security guards (who have their billy clubs out). With the large crowd rioting outside the venue, PJ returns to the stage and rips into a furious ‘Satan’s Bed,’ turning up the amps a few notches. Ed throws water over those in front every few songs; everyone is sweating like dogs.
This is a great show, but the only known recording of this is VERY bad quality and hard to listen to. Too bad because it was a pretty descent setlist.
The official PJ site also lists the band as playing 2 nights in Manila, which to my knowledge, they only played there once. The site states that they played there both on February 25th and February 26th 1995.
http://www.pearljam.com/setlists/1010/1995/20083/folk_arts_theater
Post edited by cropdustdair on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Nice! Creeping closer to what could be my all time favorite bootleg.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    edited February 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

Nice! Creeping closer to what could be my all time favorite bootleg.

Cool mcgruff! PM me and let me know what that all time favorite bootleg is and I'll dig through my vault and see what goodies I can find from that particular show!
    Post edited by cropdustdair on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Do we need anymore reason to open the damn vault already?! C'mon!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Vault 4 was so damn lame. Look at all these shows you could have picked from!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......