Options

A Cause Worth Reading!!!

NB108713NB108713 Posts: 49
edited January 2015 in The Porch
This past October my husband and I were lucky enough to meet Eddie in the hotel after the Detroit show. To our surprise, it wasn't the fact that we met him that kept us talking for weeks. Instead, it was a brief but very heartfelt conversation we had with him by the elevator in the hotel lobby (after he showed my husband how to use my phone to get a pic.)He had played a song the previous night that we had requested for my brother-in-law who passed away in his early 20's (6 short years ago) from Neurofibromatosis. David was an avid PJ fan who attended concerts with us in the Cleveland area. The song was rare, so coincidence or not, it made our night. Eddie listened briefly to our story with compassion and kindness (even accepting a David bracelet to keep) and made us feel like we are continuing to keep David's spirit alive. It meant the world to us. My husband and I, along with several family members, fellow firefighter family members and friends will be running in this year's Cleveland Cupid Undie Run on Valentine's Day (the actual date of his death), and are trying to raise money to help cure this disease. We are asking friends and family to donate to our page on the Cleveland cupid sight, team name : Dashing for David. From you, we don't want a lot of money as we know you are probably asked to donate to a great deal of important causes. We were just hoping to continue to keep his spirit alive through stories of things he loved. If you feel like donating, we would truly be happy with $0.50 or even $1.00. Just something that came from a band he loved to keep him smiling from heaven. Your music heals. #manofthehour. Thank you for your consideration, Jamie and Nick Bezbatchenko
Post edited by NB108713 on

Comments