Options

Is this where I post about the Seahawks?

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,942
    So much butthurt.

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Yeah!!!!!!! Because we played like complete shit and blew that game, in so many ways... don't need a stupid email from the fan club of Pearl Jam saying "We Won".
  • Options
    What's next, is Stand Up To Cancer going to email me to tell me Trey is taking Jerry Garcia's place at the Grateful Dead reunion?
  • Options
    When I saw "We Won" in the subject, I assumed they won an award for the most times covering Baba O Riley and Crazy Mary so many times for so many years... less bullshit football promotion, more learning new covers!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    looks like Mr Busy has a case of the Mondays!
    Sorry Mick...as a Broncos fan, I tried to look at it as a positive and they are doing it as a partial fund-raiser. Not just to line the pockets. Plus it was just an email.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    As a Steeler fan Im 100% sure the NFL season ended 2 weeks ago. I don't even know what you're talking about.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    I'm busy... scanning shitloads of old cards... prevents me from walking around looking through piles of fragile paper for guitar pics... but I can type and kill time while scanning.. though if I see one Seahawks card, I'm burning it :-/
  • Options
    I have it on good authority that side B of the Holiday single will be Ed and Mike doing an acoustic version of "12th Man Anthem". Happy Holidays.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

• Options
    Ugh, Chicago Bears fans are the worst!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    pjtaper wrote: »
    Ugh, Chicago Bears fans are the worst!

Bitter Packers fans bitching about an email are the worst. You should be more pissed at your head coach McCarthy for being such a pussy and settling for FGs and Bostick for dropping the ball. LOL.
  • Options
    Trust me, I'm very pissed at our coach and his lack of balls... I'm also pissed Bostick even tried to catch that ball... insult to injury is the fan club of my favorite band emailing me immediately after my team loses, saying WE WON... Sorry Bears fan, I guess I know how you have felt all season right now.
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    I just crawled out of my hole to say thanks for this thread, it's very enjoyable. - Colts fan
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    HEY PJMAN, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least you didn't get that right as the game ended...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Trust me, I'm very pissed at our coach and his lack of balls... I'm also pissed Bostick even tried to catch that ball... insult to injury is the fan club of my favorite band emailing me immediately after my team loses, saying WE WON... Sorry Bears fan, I guess I know how you have felt all season right now.

The Bears just got their asses kicked all year. We weren't good enough to have any heartbreaking losses.

The "WE WON" thing was a bit surprising. I think that might be more from Tim Beirman than the band....I know he's a huge Seahawks fan and always at their games and shit like that.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    It'd be nice to see my Vault package instead of football emails
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2015
    It's PJ in 2015: Anything to make a buck.

I won't even be watching the super bowl. A big corporate orgy, one team with cheating douchebags and another full of self righteous hot heads. A Katy Perry halftime show? Yea, I'd rather be cleaning my bathroom than watch that.

See if PJ is creaming themselves over the Seahawks when they are a 500 team.

It irks me the band is not simply jumping on the bandwagon, but jumping on the bandwagon to turn a profit.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    It'd be nice to see my Vault package instead of football emails
    Yeah, less football, more fan club... they can't respond to my emails asking where my purple McCready vinyl is, since it shipped over a month ago, but they can email me saying WE WON, when my team loses... (I did finally get the vinyl, but it took over a month since it was mailed to arrive)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    When you have a small collective of people who lose their fucking minds over merch, then cranking stuff out like this makes sense. I wish they would make a stronger effort on video and audio releases.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I wish they would make a stronger effort to learn a new cover or two, and retire the overplayed ones... Crazy Mary, Baba, RITFW, Last Kiss... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!! They have plenty of great songs that don't get played nearly enough... STRANGEST TRIBE!!!! Hitchiker, Fatal, Brother, Marker in the Sand, Force Of Nature, I could go on and on....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    EarlWelsh wrote: »
    Who gives a shit? I don't. And I'm a Bills fan. Everything hurts!

=))
    I know the feeling.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    You packer fans would be throwing mcarthy under the bus had he gone for a td twice from the one on fourth down and he came away with 0 points. The field goals were the right call. Both time.It was the first quarter for Christ sake. And you have troy aikmans dumb ass say it was four down territory with 9 minutes left in the FIRST quarter.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Going for a FG from the 6 inch line is never the right call. It's coaching scared, always be aggressive and force them to stop you. Worst case scenario they get the ball on the 6 inch line after a turnover on downs.

• Options
    RS151862 wrote: »
    Going for a FG from the 6 inch line is never the right call. It's coaching scared, always be aggressive and force them to stop you. Worst case scenario they get the ball on the 6 inch line after a turnover on downs.
    Things will be different when coaches are young enough to have grown up playing Madden...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Guess the guy can't even go to a game where he lives now. Guessing this also means the other guys in the group can't be hawks fans either.
    It's not that they were at the game... it's the fucking email, as soon as my team suffers a dramatic loss, I don't want to get a fucking email from a BAND's fan club saying "We Won!!!" No, we didn't... If that was a Bears email, instead of a Seahawks, I'd prob give up my 144xxx fan club number telling them to go fuck themselves! GO PATS!!!!

Be honest, you wouldn't give up that fanclub number even if Eddie egged your house.

Fan club numbers are meaningless at the moment (especially those over the 100,000 figure). You might get the benefit of it at most 2 shows a year if lucky.
  • Options
    I don't know buddy, last tour I used it for Seattle & LA, got some GREAT seats!!! This year, used it in Lincoln and Denver, sat just to the side of the stage a few rows off the floor... pretty much the best seats I could want, being 5'4 and not wanting to wait for rail
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Butthurt Much? LOL, GO HAWKS! We want the ball, and we're gonna score.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    evenflow82 wrote: »

A Katy Perry halftime show? Yea, I'd rather be cleaning my bathroom than watch that.

Some serious bullshit here.

• Options
    And aren't the proceeds going to charity? I'm assuming the "some of the proceeds" comment is them basically saying, they will be using it to pay off the production costs. Which is not despicable.

• Options
    Yeah, they give away all their money to charity... those $40 coffee mugs and dog collars probably did a lot of good
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Dear Pearl Jam... PLEASE STOP emailing me Seahawks crap... that loss yesterday hurt, bad... the Seahawks graciously HANDED us a win, and we blew it, over and over again. Vedder, you are a BEARS FAN, where is your pride? Not a single mention of the Seahawks in like 20 years, but now you guys are their biggest fans? LAME!

As you said, Ed is a Bears fan. Bears fans were the 3rd happiest fan base yesterday.