Options

Chord Buddy

Ok, so I have been wanting to learn guitar for a while now. I have taken lessons and what not but, life has taken me away from it and I am back to square 1. My Dad told me about chord buddy that he saw on Shark Tank. Has anyone used this? Any success?

Want to learn to play for my little girl!

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Appears you would be restricted a bit but also looks like it could build a great foundation. I don't like the price but I don't hate the idea. I'm going to look @ their website some more.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    FoxyRedLa wrote: »
    Appears you would be restricted a bit but also looks like it could build a great foundation. I don't like the price but I don't hate the idea. I'm going to look @ their website some more.

Awesome. I am going to stop at a local music store tonight or tomorrow and get their opinion. They sell them so, I am a little leary that they may be biased but, I need something to help me!

Thanks for the input after you review it.
  • Options
    I couldn't find one bad review! Now that I actually read it the price is not bad at all! Good find! I may even give it a try. Comes with a DVD and couple of books - it alleges you can play pretty much anything within 2 months - and if you put the time in, I agree.
  • Options
    Yea I stopped at a local music store today and they had 2 in stock. I had to clear purchase with the wife and she gave it the a ok. Im gonna buy it next week. Did you want me to scoop the other for you? It was $45 with shipping it cant be more than $50
  • Options
    Nah, thanks tho! I'll grab one locally here as well. Always looking for a reason to head out to guitar center! Lol. Now that I understand it's not restrictive at all. Looking forward to trying and I can pass it along to the kids as well. Thanks again and post any updates! Happy new year!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    http://www.justinguitar.com/

Check out this site
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    zonachriszonachris Arizona, USA Posts: 16
    So I got the chord buddy to with the sole wish to play some PJ.... I'm trying to learn some basics first then move into PJ. How are you doing?
    Ill take the firmest path...oh, and I must refuse your test

Stockholm 6/28/14, Oslo 6/28/14, Phoenix11/19/13, Phoenix 11/4/12 EV, San Diego 7/5/11 EV, Hawaii 12/10/06 w/U2, Phoenix 6/7/03 (front row!), Phoenix 9/13/95,
  • Options
    zonachris wrote: »
    So I got the chord buddy to with the sole wish to play some PJ.... I'm trying to learn some basics first then move into PJ. How are you doing?

I am getting mine Monday. I will report back on the device. I hope it works!!!
  • Options
    Hey. So I ran into guitar center and they price match - so I showed the guy on my phone and he checked on his computer too and said he'd match it @ $32.99. I pay sales tax in MI but got a hell of a deal! While he was ringing me up I seen that price was only for the book and should not have opened my mouth lol lol but he still honored it! I love the fellas at GC! They're an awesome bunch! Anyway catch ya later.
  • Options
    Awesome..have you started using it yet?
  • Options
    Jeez, I meant to specify they price matched Target.

Ok so here's the scoop. I picked this up because I struggle to just even get practice time - so I want to use it for the structure.

I already know how to play the chords that it teaches - but it's designed to strengthen your fingers. Those buttons you have to really press every time really press to get that clean tone/sound.

My other crutch right now is I use the capo a lot, can't quite get my wrist and 1st finger arched enough to make that C chord at the first fret - but if I move down to the third fret I can play comfortably and easily.

So anyway - as usual I only had time to fart around with it - but I was able to play some songs I already knew and they sounded great lol hopefully I can build up that strength in the wrist and fingers and it will sound great without the buddy on there!

So far so good.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote: »
    http://www.justinguitar.com/

Check out this site

I learned a lot of good stuff on this site. Still being a beginner/intermediate player, I bought Rocksmith 2014 for christmas and I do have to say that there are some great advantages as far as learning chords, transitions, picking individual strings, and learning new songs. I believe they have a Pearl Jam pack that has three songs also.
  • Options
    OP - hopefully you're still planning to pick this up. Waiting for your take on it as well kinda hoping you can figure out how this lesson plan thing works. I think I need a buddy to my chord buddy!

All I can figure out is he does teach different strumming. So im assuming once you get the strumming down you move on to the song book and try to figure that shit out - I can't figure out how/when you remove pieces of the buddy, this is supposed to be happening every 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I bought it today! I am planning on starting tomorrow. With a new baby things were slower to start than I hoped. Let's do this together.
  • Options
    Sweet! Awe new baby! Congrats!

Lol apparently my TV doesn't go wide screen enough as a lot of stuff is cut off and I can't see the entire menu!

Let's do this!
  • Options
    The chord buddy is great so far. I am able to play songs for the most part. Kind of cheating with the buttons but, fun nonetheless.