Options

2013 Pearl Jam Sevens Vinyl Box Set

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,853
edited December 2014 in The Porch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-PEARL-JAM-SEVENS-VINYL-BOX-SET-/251745260118?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a9d2fd256

2013 PEARL JAM SEVENS VINYL BOX SET
SIX (6) COLORED VINYL 7" RECORDS
UNOPENED.

US SHIPPING ONLY image

ITEM WILL SHIP VIA UPS GROUND. WE WILL USE EBAY UPS TOOL TO CALCULATE SHIPPING AT AUCTION END.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE PEARL JAM VITALOGY FOUNDATION

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,853
    Only sold for US $213.50. The value of this set has been dropping like flies. If they have lots more @ the warehouse they should just put them back up on sale @ the 10club store. :bz
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Seeing that probably half sold have been flipped explains it
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    To me $213.50 is still ridiculous for what it is and how new it is. Hopefully the price continues to plummet to something more reasonable.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Sarava said:

To me $213.50 is still ridiculous for what it is and how new it is. Hopefully the price continues to plummet to something more reasonable.

Agreed. There was one on sale in Lost Dogs for $200 and people were saying what a steal it was? Since when does eBay set a "reasonable" price for something?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Ordered one....never came.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141

Sarava said:

Agreed. There was one on sale in Lost Dogs for $200 and people were saying what a steal it was? Since when does eBay set a "reasonable" price for something?
    These started out north of $500-$600 when the craze first hit, slowly these have gone down, I think these will go back up in value eventually
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
    I HOPE NOT…I want one, but not for that price...
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    juddboz80 said:

Sarava said:

These started out north of $500-$600 when the craze first hit, slowly these have gone down, I think these will go back up in value eventually
    I doubt that. PJ merch has jumped the shark. Collecting has become pretty ridiculous over that few years and the market is way too saturated with "limited" items for newer released stuff like sevens to increase in value again. I think the only items that will maintain their value are the things that were collectible before collecting was cool, i.e. posters from the '90s and older vinyl.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

Sarava said:

Since when does eBay set a "reasonable" price for something?
    Since September 3, 1995
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Sarava said:

Since September 3, 1995
    Yep. E-Bay has been the place to gauge fair market prices for a while. It seems funny to me that E-Bay gets such a bad wrap around here, but expressobeans avg prices are a common norm... and if you look at how expressobeans gets 90% of its average prices is from sales on ebay.

I have bought many things off e-bay, its made collecting things SO much easier, but you have to pay the price for that ease.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    MedozK said:

Sarava said:

Since September 3, 1995
    ...but you have to pay the price for that ease.
    That's life, unfortunately. But yea, where else are you going to gauge a market price/demand? Outside collector-to-collector transactions on EB, ebay IS the market.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    MedozK said:

Sarava said:

Since September 3, 1995
    Yep. E-Bay has been the place to gauge fair market prices for a while. It seems funny to me that E-Bay gets such a bad wrap around here, but expressobeans avg prices are a common norm... and if you look at how expressobeans gets 90% of its average prices is from sales on ebay.

I have bought many things off e-bay, its made collecting things SO much easier, but you have to pay the price for that ease.
    Fair market prices? That's hilarious...
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    How would you suggest to gauge a fair market price of not by what the public will pay?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2014

Fair market prices? That's hilarious...

JV130312 said:

How would you suggest to gauge a fair market price of not by what the public will pay?

fair-market value (noun)
    a selling price for an item to which a buyer and seller can agree.

Yep, I think that is what E-Bay does.
  • Options
    The dash makes a huge difference. I apologize, and thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Someone sold one today for $175 in lost dogs today.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote: »

wow. they had extras and didn't have the decency to send me a replacement for the one that never arrived. how nice.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    ebay auctions by the 10c dont sit right with me for some reason.... good for charity yes but the underlining message/method is wrong in my opinion. torn on this...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Nami wrote: »
    ebay auctions by the 10c dont sit right with me for some reason.... good for charity yes but the underlining message/method is wrong in my opinion. torn on this...
    Well, It's maybe a little hard to swallow because we're not allowed to post ebay links on this forum. But it does seem like the easiest and most accessible way to do a charity auction.
    I dont' feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with ebay or anything though. It's a great site!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    paulonious wrote: »

wow. they had extras and didn't have the decency to send me a replacement for the one that never arrived. how nice.

Its like they disavow any knowledge of sending it to you if it doesn't make it to you. Story of my 'white' Backspacer record years back, and we know they had more!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    and perhaps people try to take advantage of them and so they just apply one rule for all re: lost items....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    and perhaps people try to take advantage of them and so they just apply one rule for all re: lost items....

I'm sure that's happened. but it sucked at the time. not any more, though (I had to quit buying vinyl-it was costing me my money and my sanity!).

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    paulonious wrote: »

Its like they disavow any knowledge of sending it to you if it doesn't make it to you. Story of my 'white' Backspacer record years back, and we know they had more!

I'm curious if anyone tried to dispute this policy with through their credit card company? It's one thing to knowingly buy a scratch and dent item, but another to have the item damaged during shipment and not replace or refund the item. I'm no contract lawyer but I'm pretty sure there's an obligation for the merchant to get you the item you paid for or issue a refund. That's one of the costs of doing business through the mail.

I've had a couple occasions of ordering stuff online that arrived in less than perfect condition. The merchants didn't respond to my emails or calls and I was able to open a dispute with the credit card company and they refunded the money to me after briefly checking into it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    10C ebay auctions don't ship to Australia - stop teasing me with things I really want but can't have you buggers!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    goldrush wrote: »
    10C ebay auctions don't ship to Australia - stop teasing me with things I really want but can't have you buggers!

They won't even ship over the boarder into Canada :(
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

They probably should send everything with 'signature required'. That would end the debate if it's PJ's, fault, the mailman's fault or the buyer trying to pull a fast one. Of course, then people would complain even more about shipping costs.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited December 2014
    I'm sure it would be very easy to find a US member here who is willing to receive a 10C package on your behalf and then forward it to you wherever you are. That something won't ship outside the US shouldn't be a barrier to a purchase.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    price is back on the rise