Options

Milwaukee or moline bootleg?

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,931
Yield and no code are my favorite studio albums by pj however I can only buy one bootleg right now because of Christmas. Which should I get? Any show flow better than the other? Gracias!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Which album do you like better? No Code or Yield?
  • Options
    Yes. Lol. Some days no code, some days yield.
  • Options
    GabrielleMGabrielleM Brazil Posts: 23
    No Code is really special for me so I decided to download the Moline one. That show is really really good and I recommend, but I haven't listened Milwaukee yet.
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
    EV SOLO (May 7th 2014) || SÃO PAULO (November 15th 2015) || BELO HORIZONTE (November 20th 2015) || LOLLAPALOOZA 2018 || EV SOLO (March 29th 2018)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,808
    I would say look at the setlists and pick whichever one covers the most other songs you'd want to hear.
    For me Milwaukee is the winner as I like Yield more than No Code and I Won't Back Down was played. There are other reasons but those are the definers.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    edited December 2014
    Haven't heard the Milwaukee boot yet but having been at both shows I like Moline show better and not because I like No Code better but I listed it out below.

1 the moline venue had incredible sound
    2 the surprise factor of No Code. The hey that's three from No Code. You can almost tell as the crowd starts to realize what is going on.
    3 what has become known as the audible. The figuring out what to play next.
    4 was a big party not a concert. Loud.

Milwaukee is a very close second. Milwaukee may flow a little better and is fast hard hitting and hold on for the ride from the start but having listened to the Moline boot i think it is the choice.

I'm in the same boat as you Yield and No Code are 1 and 1a in my book.

Sorry we didn't get to meet up in St Louis. Hopefully next tour. Hope the info helps. No wrong choice.
    Post edited by Go To Fire 43 on
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,325
    Both
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    edited December 2014
    Bummed that the Milwaukee boot doesn't have The Star-Spangled Banner but I have already listened to it twice all the way through.

Post edited by Eddieshometown on
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 929
    They cut the national anthem off Milwaukee? Lame...
    Anyway, i was at both and my gut tells me Moline was better. Butttt... both were epic and each had highlights beyond the full albums being played.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021

Both

What he said. Both are amazing!!

If you wanna buy just for total running time length ..

2014-10-17 Moline, IL (2:51:44)
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI (3:07:38)
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm getting Mo-Code first.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750

Bummed that the Milwaukee boot doesn't have The Star-Spangled Banner but I have already listened to it twice all the way through.

Really??? Very weird....don't remember that being cut off of a boot before.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Both

I think everyone should have both of these boots. A PJ fan was very gracious over this weekend for me and I want to pass on the karma. Mcgruff, PM me an email address and I will send over 2 free boot codes so you can get both without spending anything. I need an email address so I can send a GC.

waiting for the Milwaukee CD boot. I'm sure I heard Star Spangled on XM when played. Better have it on CD! It would be weird to be cut off.

• Options

Both

I think everyone should have both of these boots. A PJ fan was very gracious over this weekend for me and I want to pass on the karma. Mcgruff, PM me an email address and I will send over 2 free boot codes so you can get both without spending anything. I need an email address so I can send a GC.

waiting for the Milwaukee CD boot. I'm sure I heard Star Spangled on XM when played. Better have it on CD! It would be weird to be cut off.

due are you serious?! wow. thank you so much! this community is awesome.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Both

Check your email. You should be all set. Now rock out and come back and let us know which one you may have liked better. Moline or Milwaukee, or both? \m/
  • Options
    blango88blango88 Chicago Posts: 28
    I just listened to end of Milwaukee bootleg, and the star spangled banner is defiantly there.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Mo-Code was pretty incredible. Just listened to it yesterday.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Both

Check your email. You should be all set. Now rock out and come back and let us know which one you may have liked better. Moline or Milwaukee, or both? \m/
    i'm getting both. thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    I have both...skip these and get the Detroit boot...you'll be happy you did.
  • Options

Haven't heard the Milwaukee boot yet but having been at both shows I like Moline show better and not because I like No Code better but I listed it out below.

1 the moline venue had incredible sound
    2 the surprise factor of No Code. The hey that's three from No Code. You can almost tell as the crowd starts to realize what is going on.
    3 what has become known as the audible. The figuring out what to play next.
    4 was a big party not a concert. Loud.

Milwaukee is a very close second. Milwaukee may flow a little better and is fast hard hitting and hold on for the ride from the start but having listened to the Moline boot i think it is the choice.

I'm in the same boat as you Yield and No Code are 1 and 1a in my book.

Sorry we didn't get to meet up in St Louis. Hopefully next tour. Hope the info helps. No wrong choice.

I reckon a lot would have got it when Jeff starts to play In My Tree before stopping and they go into Who You Are.

Know your albums Jeff!! :-\"
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    mr_canada said:

I have both...skip these and get the Detroit boot...you'll be happy you did.

I was going to suggest that. Get these 2 on me, then use what he planned on Detroit. Or Denver, or shit, any of them. Such a good tour, each show sounded amazing!
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    blango88 said:

I just listened to end of Milwaukee bootleg, and the star spangled banner is defiantly there.

Yeah, it's totally there. It's at the end of the Yellow Ledbetter track, so if you're just reading the file names, I can see why one would think this.
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Both

i'm getting both. thank you so much!!!
    That's so awesome I love this community, so much generosity.

I can't wait to hear your review Mcgruff.
  • Options
    Just listened to the end of yield while at the gym...wow! Just incredible so far. In hiding is tremendous. I see why they don't play "no way" too often. Salute to Aaron Rodgers was awesome. So far loving this show. Thank you again to out of my mind and time!!!! I m looking for something pj related to pay it forward.
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974

I'm a dumb ass. I burned the MP3 to 2 CDs and it cut off Yellow Leadbetter/Star-Spangled Banner
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I was at Milwaukee, fantastic show! A little bummed that I missed out on Moline. I say get both of the boots, they're both instant classics!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,808
    The real answer is to get at least Detroit - Denver.....was at the last 4 and they were amazing, but the Detroit boot is awesome as well - wish I could have been there.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    If I had to choose one I'd pick Moline, only because I like No Code more than Yield. Although I'm listening to Milwaukee as I type and I'm blown away by how good the band sounds across the whole concert. They were ON.
    2006 -- Chicago II
    2011 -- PJ20 II
    2012 -- Midtown Music Fest
    2013 -- Wrigley Field, Los Angeles I + III, Seattle
    2014 -- Moline, Milwaukee
    2016 -- Wrigley Field I + II
  • Options
    Does the MIlwaukee boot have the intro/outro music they played over the PA? I would doubt it but was curious.
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206

Does the MIlwaukee boot have the intro/outro music they played over the PA? I would doubt it but was curious.

No, it does not. :(
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    I wish it did since it was "Red Dot" and would complete the album.