Options

"Rockabye Baby" - Lullabye PJ CD - Free to the first soon-to-be-parent of a little girl!

RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42
edited October 2014 in The Porch
Hello, All-

Last December, my wife and I had our first kiddo - a little girl named Lydia. She's the absolute best. Has changed our lives in hundreds of ways. Proof that you love a person more than you'd ever thought: you miss a PJ tour, which is exactly what just happened to us. :)

We got a bunch of great gifts, but somehow ended up with two copies of "Rockabye Baby" - it's a CD of renditions of PJ songs, done lullabye style. Believe it or not, it's actually quite cool.

Was gonna hock the dupe on eBay, but am feeling the new Dad vibe still, and want to pass that forward. Criteria to be the winner of this CD, mailed to you for free:

1.) You or your spouse must be pregnant with a little girl.
2.) It's gotta be your first kiddo.
3.) You have to live in the US (well, unless you wanna pay postage for the international shipping, in which case that's fine too)

And, go!

Best,

-Adam

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sweet
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    edited October 2014
    How bout a six week old? ;)
    Born last month while Binaural was playing in the room. Specifically, "Of the Girl". :D 1st child, and in this short amount of time she has completely changed our lives. We (she) would love to rock this! Thanks for the chance regardless. :)>-
    Post edited by Chief Broom on
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    We are expecting a baby girl, our first child, on January 15.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    edited October 2014
    We are expecting our first child, a little girl to be named Josephine (Josie), on December 13
    We live in Illinois
    Very excited!!!! I even bought the PJ onesie from this past tour :)

Thanks for the chance Adam.

Chris
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    My friend Matt sent me the vinyl of this when our daughter was born. Love the thing!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    We've got one of these at home. After the OP selects a winner, I'll see if someone else here is interested. Just cover the cost of postage and bubble mailer.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Would love a copy and willing to pay postage. Our little one is due May 13, but I don't know the gender. :)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Have a 10 month old on my lap trying to get her down for the night. Great gesture OP.
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    How cool to see there are others here having a baby girl soon! Congratulations everyone! Our baby girl is due March 18th, our first child. Her name is Giavana. We conceived somewhere between Milan and Trieste! (I see another fan of Josephina above, top 3 name for us too!) Anyhow, my wife and I thought it would be fun to make a birth announcement video for our family, but you guys might enjoy it too.

Congratulations everyone!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=liYsav0Yb0c
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    My little guy liked to bop his head to the actual pj songs over this cd. I think I listened to this cd once and said to myself, wow this is pretty bad! Pj should not be a lullabye
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    edited October 2014
    Drove my baby girl home from the hospital listening to this cd in July. She slept the whole way....like a baby.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

How bout a six week old? ;)
    Born last month while Binaural was playing in the room. Specifically, "Of the Girl". :D 1st child, and in this short amount of time she has completely changed our lives. We (she) would love to rock this! Thanks for the chance regardless. :)>-

Close, but no cigar! :)
  • Options

We are expecting a baby girl, our first child, on January 15.

And we have a winner! Will PM ya, cowboy.
  • Options
    cmalisze said:

We are expecting our first child, a little girl to be named Josephine (Josie), on December 13
    We live in Illinois
    Very excited!!!! I even bought the PJ onesie from this past tour :)

Thanks for the chance Adam.

Chris

Chris, you don't even know. Josie is gonna change your whole friggin' life. Buckle up!
  • Options

Have a 10 month old on my lap trying to get her down for the night. Great gesture OP.

Funny, our lil' gal is 10 months too. She goes down great now, but is still super unpredictable at STAYING asleep. If I had one piece of advice, it would be to read "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Dr. James Ferber. His method is commonly referred to as the 'cry it out' method, but it's way smarter than that makes it sound. We had two semi-rough nights, and now our lil gal goes down nice and easily.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

My little guy liked to bop his head to the actual pj songs over this cd.

They're of course not nearly as great as the "real stuff" - but they're kinda fun. That said, Lydia's first real "clearly into the music that's on" came this past week to Unthought Known on vinyl, so, go figure. :)
  • Options

Drove my baby girl home from the hospital listening to this cd in July. She slept the whole way....like a baby.

That drive home - somethin else, ain't it? Was in the dead of Utah winter, and I was clutchin' that wheel mighty tight, even though they were roads I've driven hundreds of times.
  • Options
    VOLARE said:

How cool to see there are others here having a baby girl soon! Congratulations everyone! Our baby girl is due March 18th, our first child. Her name is Giavana. We conceived somewhere between Milan and Trieste! (I see another fan of Josephina above, top 3 name for us too!) Anyhow, my wife and I thought it would be fun to make a birth announcement video for our family, but you guys might enjoy it too.

Congratulations everyone!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=liYsav0Yb0c

SUPER cool birth video. We never got around to doing one of those. :)
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

My little guy liked to bop his head to the actual pj songs over this cd.

They're of course not nearly as great as the "real stuff" - but they're kinda fun. That said, Lydia's first real "clearly into the music that's on" came this past week to Unthought Known on vinyl, so, go figure. :)
    My ten year old daughter loves this song! Good pick.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I've got a copy on cd now that my lil one is bigger....he's 1 but prefers loud rock n roll, if he's crying turn music on and up and it calms him right down....he loves watching records spin!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    My one year old is eating breakfast and dancing to boston 94. Nice
  • Options
    If there are others interested, I'll select a winner at some point this weekend and the CD is yours for free - just cover actual postage and cost of bubble mailer.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Love all these stories. Makes me very excited Less than two months away for us. CRAZY
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone, I've got a copy on the way! Excited to listen to it! Happy and healthy pregnancy to all!
  • Options
    SteffyLou said:

Thanks to everyone, I've got a copy on the way! Excited to listen to it! Happy and healthy pregnancy to all!

My apologies Steffy, forgot to write you back yesterday and tell you that the CD was mailed out yesterday and you should see it next week.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    cmalisze said:

Love all these stories. Makes me very excited Less than two months away for us. CRAZY

Hope it all goes smoothly. Soak it all in because it goes by fast.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

cmalisze said:

Hope it all goes smoothly. Soak it all in because it goes by fast.

Thanks. Yea it has flown by. Been crazy!!