Options

White House Blunder

Look I am not a fan of the POTUS, but the director of the Secret Service, Julia Pierson needs to be fired. After just hearing how far the guy made it into the White House there is no excuse for her to stay on. I could not imagine if a team of 5 guys did this with suicide vests on.
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Agreed....really unbelievable
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    They should put a fake sign in the front lawn that says "Warning: Land Mines"
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Jason P said:

Thhat would work as well as a no trespassing sign. :))
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Even so, some numbskull previously shot at the building without crossing the lawn.

I think the SS got complacent - who knows, maybe texting or tweeting "yawn - slow day!"...just not paying attention. You'd think that's one of the few places that would have the tightest, sharpest security.

I love the subsequent lip service too. Sure it won't happen again!

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Pretty sad situation. Be interesting to find out safeguards and how they all failed. One politician recommended SS call ADT.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    He overpowered the first agent he came across, she physically could not stop him. I'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    unsung said:

He overpowered the first agent he came across, she physically could not stop him. I'll leave it at that.

She should have used more force?

But then there would be another excessive force thread. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited October 2014
    Not really what I was getting at.

That situation though could not really have an excessive force situation.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    unsung said:

I know what you were getting at.

And what do you mean that situation could not really have an excessive force situation?
  • Options
    Would you please clarify, unsung? It seems like you're alluding to her being a woman in that position, given "physically could not stop him" and leaving it at that.

I'd assume she was armed. Not good enough? Not well-enough trained, gender aside?

Would be nice to know just what you were getting at, if you're so inclined.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

unsung said:

But then there would be another excessive force thread. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    You really think so? (that someone would make another excessive force thread if this guy was taken down with more force initially?)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Would you please clarify, unsung? It seems like you're alluding to her being a woman in that position, given "physically could not stop him" and leaving it at that.

I'd assume she was armed. Not good enough? Not well-enough trained, gender aside?

Would be nice to know just what you were getting at, if you're so inclined.

How much clearer do you need me to say that she could not physically stop him?

She is supposed to protect the President and she failed because she could not physically stop this guy.

Maybe, just maybe, she doesn't have the physical attributes to do the job.
  • Options

unsung said:

I know what you were getting at.

And what do you mean that situation could not really have an excessive force situation?
    They should have shot him.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    CM189191 said:

It isn't just conservatives who are outraged by this.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

It isn't just conservatives who are outraged by this.

True. Pretty universal.

Completely unacceptable to be able to barge your way to US president.

As to gender "the Human was not able to stop him ".
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Idris said:

unsung said:

You really think so? (that someone would make another excessive force thread if this guy was taken down with more force initially?)
    there would have been an outcry if this guy was killed like he should have been. should have shot him and showed people the video in my opinion.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    It makes no difference that she was a women.The SS officer regardless of sex did not preform up to snuff.The training and reaction time did not come to play.The overpowered agent should have had weapon drawn and issued a stop order.If trespasser does not follow instructions they are to be neutralized.Threat stopped!!! That is the job.Perimeter of WH was not protected.This detail was at fault and was exposed.Every member of the at home,non direct POTUS detail should be reviewed for competency and re assigned.The boss of that unit should be demoted.They failed to hold on the most basic level.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well gender does matter, but ok we can play PC police. I prefer the President not be in danger.

I'm all for equal opportunity but if an individual cannot perform the full duties of their job then they should be reassigned.

What if Obama was the next person standing there and he gets stabbed? Is it possible that a woman might not have equal physical strength as a man?

Are you willing to risk the life of a U.S. President on it? I'm not. She should have shot him. She's either too weak (the man wasn't restrained) or too incompetent (she didn't see him coming) to do the job. She should be fired.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Idris said:

unsung said:

there would have been an outcry if this guy was killed like he should have been. should have shot him and showed people the video in my opinion.
    There's no question there would have been an outcry.

The guy would have essentially been martyred by many. The media would reveal every detail about his past and some of those details would be the cause du jour- until the next whacko trumps him.
  • Options
    In this case if he was shot and killed it would have been the right decision.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Well gender does matter, but ok we can play PC police. I prefer the President not be in danger.

I'm all for equal opportunity but if an individual cannot perform the full duties of their job then they should be reassigned.

What if Obama was the next person standing there and he gets stabbed? Is it possible that a woman might not have equal physical strength as a man?

Are you willing to risk the life of a U.S. President on it? I'm not. She should have shot him. She's either too weak (the man wasn't restrained) or too incompetent (she didn't see him coming) to do the job. She should be fired.

This is the clarification I requested earlier. Thanks for the less-testy response.

As for PC-ness, never been a fan. Being forthright? All for it.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

It makes no difference that she was a women.The SS officer regardless of sex did not preform up to snuff.The training and reaction time did not come to play.The overpowered agent should have had weapon drawn and issued a stop order.If trespasser does not follow instructions they are to be neutralized.Threat stopped!!! That is the job.Perimeter of WH was not protected.This detail was at fault and was exposed.Every member of the at home,non direct POTUS detail should be reviewed for competency and re assigned.The boss of that unit should be demoted.They failed to hold on the most basic level.

And there ya go. This is what it's about, at least from here.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Idris said:

unsung said:

ohhh hell yeah and the train crew would be all over it then in the end it would be Bush's fault :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

And there ya go. This is what it's about, at least from here.
    you're so on the money......you scare me :)) just kidding but I agree 100%

Godgather.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The Secret Service Let an Armed Man into an Elevator With the President

In the latest humiliation for the Secret Service, an unauthorized armed man was allowed to ride an elevator with President Obama during a tour of CDC headquarters in Atlanta this month, according to reports that were confirmed by a senior Republican congressman.

The Washington Examiner first reported on Tuesday that Obama was in an elevator with his Secret Service detail when a CDC security officer began taking photos and video of the president and "behaving unprofessionally."

The lapse was a breakdown in protocol for an agency tasked with vetting anyone who will come in close contact with Obama. The Washington Post reported that the man was a security contractor who had three prior convictions for assault and battery. He did not comply with directions from Secret Service agents to stop photographing the president.

thewire.com/politics/2014/09/the-secret-service-let-an-armed-man-into-an-elevator-with-the-president/380976/
  • Options
    unsung said:

I agree but it would have turned into a media and rights circus.

Godfather.

• Options

unsung said:

Godfather.

Disagree. The lady with car was blown away and not that much backlash. This guy was armed and in white house so wouldn't have been big deal.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited October 2014
    callen said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Disagree. The lady with car was blown away and not that much backlash. This guy was armed and in white house so wouldn't have been big deal.
    Yep, I'm thinking that also.

(btw was this guy really armed?)
  • Options
    Idris said:

callen said:

unsung said:

Godfather.

Yep, I'm thinking that also.

(btw was this guy really armed?)
    Think he had a knife.