Options

Is It Unhealthy?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654

Very, very unhealthy.

:))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    To each their own. As much as I love PJ, there is so much other good music out there...
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    PJ is one branch of many on the musical tree. Granted, it's very, very good branch, but it takes many to make the tree. Unlock your ears, there's a whole world of other good music out there.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904
    It's called an obsession and being obsessed to anything is NOT healthy. Hate to break it to you. With that being said, I support your obsession :D.

I'm obsessed to PJ, Dylan, Beatles, Neil, and a ton of other artists too.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I listen to PJ a lot because it is different every time, the live shows. I think it is the work of a lifetime, to listen to all the bootlegs out there.

Other than PJ, I am always on the hunt for other stuff. YouTube is a lot of help on this.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    I have tried and nothing will do. Nothing comes close to what they offer.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654

It's called an obsession and being obsessed to anything is NOT healthy. Hate to break it to you. With that being said, I support your obsession :D.

I'm obsessed to PJ, Dylan, Beatles, Neil, and a ton of other artists too.

I agree that most of the time obsessions aren't healthy at all, but I do think that there is such a thing as a healthy obsession. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jjflash said:

PJ is one branch of many on the musical tree. Granted, it's very, very good branch, but it takes many to make the tree. Unlock your ears, there's a whole world of other good music out there.

:bz

Couldn't find the thumbs-up thingie amongst the clusterfuck of emoticons so I resorted to the stand-out bee :D
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    hedonist said:

jjflash said:

:bz

Couldn't find the thumbs-up thingie amongst the clusterfuck of emoticons so I resorted to the stand-out bee :D

I always thought that was the "buzz off" bee. What the heck do I know?

I listen to mostly pj too but especially lately am looking for something to compliment. I think if I take a little break the two shows I'm seeing will be that much better. I'm sure it won't really be a break though...
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    9 out of 10 doctors recommend listening to Pearl Jam
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    igotid88 said:

4 out of 5 dentists agree. :D
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,853
    I listen to PJ every day but always mix it up with other artists.

Most of the stuff I listen to is from the 60's and 70's though. Not a lot of the new artists do it for me.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

igotid88 said:

4 out of 5 dentists agree. :D
    We really need to do something about the rogues in disagreement.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    I spread my music addiction around between favorite bands interspersed with a bunch of other stuff I like to hear less frequently (which is a lot of stuff). But I have to say, PJ gets heavy rotation. :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Do what you want,but you are only depriving yourself many awesome experiences.I love PJ,ONE of my favorite bands for sure but I'm not always dialed into a PJ vibe.
    PJ wouldn't be PJ without the broad musical buffet they pulled influence from.Zep,Who,Neil,Kiss,Maiden,Fugazi,Ramones,Beatles,Floyd,and on and on and on.

Try smoking a joint,putting on some great headphones,lay down and listen to Rush 2112 or Pink Floyd's the Wall,or Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti By Zeppelin.You owe it to your ears.If you need something newish try Zac Browns Grohl sessions while cooking or chilling on a sat morning.So many choice listens not enough time.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    actually, since about 2003, the only CDs in my car are pearl jam or vedder. the occasional Dylan or grateful dead sometimes make their way out, but for the 99% most part I only listen to pearl jam. I eat my fruits and vegetables though to balance it out.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    rr165892 said:

Do what you want,but you are only depriving yourself many awesome experiences.I love PJ,ONE of my favorite bands for sure but I'm not always dialed into a PJ vibe.
    PJ wouldn't be PJ without the broad musical buffet they pulled influence from.Zep,Who,Neil,Kiss,Maiden,Fugazi,Ramones,Beatles,Floyd,and on and on and on.

Try smoking a joint,putting on some great headphones,lay down and listen to Rush 2112 or Pink Floyd's the Wall,or Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti By Zeppelin.You owe it to your ears.If you need something newish try Zac Browns Grohl sessions while cooking or chilling on a sat morning.So many choice listens not enough time.

Weed is optional. You don't need it to truly enjoy music. Maybe if you can't focus on anything for very long and need a substance to help you 'slow down.'
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

rr165892 said:

Weed is optional. You don't need it to truly enjoy music. Maybe if you can't focus on anything for very long and need a substance to help you 'slow down.'
    It's optional agreed.But many find it sharpens the musical senses and helps you relax.But to each their own for sure.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

It's optional agreed.But many find it sharpens the musical senses and helps you relax.But to each their own for sure.
    There's a good reason music and weed have worked (or played) together for many people for a long time. Agreed that it's not essential, but it certainly can add colors and layers.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    I'm probably 85% Pearl Jam. Nowadays, I'll try the new music, wind up going back to the Lithium channel or Pearl Jam Radio. I feel it's closed minded and unhealthy...but fuck it...lol.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    rollings said:

help me.
    I have been chained and locked into my f*cking straight jacket or to this straight jacket
    drooling out of my face
    in five seconds
    I am considering
    I am strongly considering using this brick wall
    I am going to run my face down the entire length of it
    it's that course brick
    mm hmm
    im just going to run the entire length of it down the entire length of my face
    when I get to down at the corner
    that sharp edge where one direction meets the other
    I'm gonna be a bloody mess
    I'm getting five ladders and gluing them together like a dr suess book
    hammer them together and rub somebody's pointed crack up and down against the edge of this wall
    then for somebody's next act or mine
    I'm going to brush my teeth with the bricks
    I am going to pick my nose with a brick
    then it's time for another one
    every pearl jam poster on my walls or brick walls
    every scratched skipped crackling vinyl pile
    ready
    every scratched up CD
    PJ CD
    will be ground down in a blender
    poured into a cement mixer
    mortar added
    building my next f*king wall
    and somebody's pointed ass will be wiped all over it like the other one
    Somebody's ass, teeth, face will be brushed on it
    for fun I'm gonna bounce my head off of it
    for kicks the tree next to it
    I'm gonna put a bungee cord up on the top of it and swing head first into this wall
    I'm gonna climb to the top of this wall with my six or seventeen ladders dr. suess nailed together and I'm going to dive face-first into a boiling cup of coffee
    or a boiling cup of ground glass
    would you like a cup?

What the fuck was that?
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I try to listen to as much non-pearl jam music as possible, but heavily dive into their catalog and bootlegs before and after I see them live. During some of those droughts I might not listen to them much at all though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

There's a good reason music and weed have worked (or played) together for many people for a long time. Agreed that it's not essential, but it certainly can add colors and layers.

Don't leave out flavors and textures.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Mmmmmm....cake
    Mmmmmm....weed...and more cake...mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    Weed&Of The Girl is like peanut butter&jelly.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,853
    Never done pot and like a lot of the music listed above.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    made a poll to compliment this thread.. VOTE PEOPLE

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    edited August 2014
    joseph33 said:

Weed&Of The Girl is like peanut butter&jelly.

Yes it is my friend....yes it is.
    Post edited by Choccoloccotide on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

That's about right sir.