Options

MILWAUKEE - Fall 2014

Comments

• Options
    Hello to everyone going to the MKE show! I am pretty pumped, its only one week away! Anyways, I posted this as a general topic but I figured it couldn't hurt to post it here as well...
    "Hello,
    My name is Sean McGraw. I will be in attendance at the Milwaukee show on October 20th along with my cousin Patrick and his wife, Jen. Patrick and Jen are the biggest Pearl Jam fans that I know - Patrick is the reason that I love Pearl Jam - he was the first person to introduce me to the band way back when. Back in 2011 they had their first child - Dylan and they learned that Dylan had an unspecified genetic disorder that would was fatal. Dylan McGraw was born in August of 2011 and passed away shortly after that in October of 2011. In 2012 they were expecting their second child, and once again found out that this child would have the same fatal genetic disorder. Noah McGraw was born in January of 2013 and passed a few short hours later. Patrick and Jen have been incredibly strong throughout their ordeal and have honored their children through their charitable works. This year they hope to reach the $100k mark for money raised for The March of Dimes organization! My hope is that the band see this and please play the song "Comeback" for Patrick and Jen McGraw at the Milwaukee show on October 20th. It would really mean the world to both of them! Thanks."
    Sean McGraw
  • Options
    JayneegirrlJayneegirrl Milwaukee Posts: 112
    stmcgraw said:

Hello to everyone going to the MKE show! I am pretty pumped, its only one week away! Anyways, I posted this as a general topic but I figured it couldn't hurt to post it here as well...
    "Hello,
    My name is Sean McGraw. I will be in attendance at the Milwaukee show on October 20th along with my cousin Patrick and his wife, Jen. Patrick and Jen are the biggest Pearl Jam fans that I know - Patrick is the reason that I love Pearl Jam - he was the first person to introduce me to the band way back when. Back in 2011 they had their first child - Dylan and they learned that Dylan had an unspecified genetic disorder that would was fatal. Dylan McGraw was born in August of 2011 and passed away shortly after that in October of 2011. In 2012 they were expecting their second child, and once again found out that this child would have the same fatal genetic disorder. Noah McGraw was born in January of 2013 and passed a few short hours later. Patrick and Jen have been incredibly strong throughout their ordeal and have honored their children through their charitable works. This year they hope to reach the $100k mark for money raised for The March of Dimes organization! My hope is that the band see this and please play the song "Comeback" for Patrick and Jen McGraw at the Milwaukee show on October 20th. It would really mean the world to both of them! Thanks."

Thank you for sharing this amazing & inspiring story. I didn't have any "Holy Grail", "must have" songs until now.
    I will campaign with you for this song to be played for you, Patrick & Jen. Hope others will join.
  • Options

Can any locals give feedback on the Ramada downtown. Price is right and close to concert so that scares me a little

Haven't stayed at the Ramada. I can tell you it's in a safe yet a little secluded area... It's off the beaten path a little.
    Downtown Milwaukee is relatively safe. Rooms are pretty easy to come by this time of year which would explain the price. Hope this helps.
  • Options

stmcgraw said:

"Hello,

Thank you for sharing this amazing & inspiring story. I didn't have any "Holy Grail", "must have" songs until now.
    I will campaign with you for this song to be played for you, Patrick & Jen. Hope others will join.
    Thank you! I truly appreciate it!
    Sean McGraw
  • Options
    PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    bf161029 said:

ISO 1 (you know how it goes preferred, GA, 10c Reserved, anywhere...) struckout with 10c and TM. Will pay cash

Not a single but I saw a pair in lower sec here.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238241/extra-st-paul-milwaukee-tix-for-sale#latest
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    edited October 2014

Can any locals give feedback on the Ramada downtown. Price is right and close to concert so that scares me a little

Haven't stayed at the Ramada. I can tell you it's in a safe yet a little secluded area... It's off the beaten path a little.
    Downtown Milwaukee is relatively safe. Rooms are pretty easy to come by this time of year which would explain the price. Hope this helps.
    :bz Jayneegirrl- I just cancelled my res at Ramada because of so many nasty reviews - as recent as a week ago- there are still rooms at Ambassador Inn- they have a deal that will shuttle you to the venue- anyone know it? a mile away from HEAVEN- see you next week!! \:D/
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    The Ambassador is newly renovated but in a more dangerous area and a few miles further away... I grew up in the neighborhood.
  • Options
    Oh Dear- it is 1.9 miles from venue- jeez louise! Thanks Jayneegirrl, I may have f@#%d up big time..... :-S
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I'm still sticking with the Ramada. It can't be that bad, can it? Famous last words.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    DARNIT!! woulda shoulda coulda!!The Ramada will be probably be so awesome!! =D>
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,178
    I will be celebrating my birthday and hope they play Once =)
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,178

Driving in from the Chicago area. Bringing my 10 year old with me for his first show. He and I both cannot wait for this!

awesome! I think I was about 8 - 10 for my first concert which was Pearl Jam in Milwaukee too! At Summer Fest

A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    bgirl59 said:

Oh Dear- it is 1.9 miles from venue- jeez louise! Thanks Jayneegirrl, I may have f@#%d up big time..... :-S

The shuttle is a nice bonus! The Ambassador is on the border of the campus of Marquette University. It's across the street from the "Rave" which is where PJ played their 1st show in Milwaukee.
  • Options
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    See everyone there! Excited for the pre-party, too!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options

bgirl59 said:

The shuttle is a nice bonus! The Ambassador is on the border of the campus of Marquette University. It's across the street from the "Rave" which is where PJ played their 1st show in Milwaukee.
    :-* Thank you Jayneegirrl, you made my day! do you think the shuttle will get me to the GA line by 8 AM? will you be in the GA line too or do you have seats for this show?
  • Options
    I don't know what the Shuttle schedule is (sorry). The Hotel is located on Wisconsin Avenue which has many bus lines to downtown if you're adventurous... (Venue is 4 block north of Wisconsin Avenue.)

Cabs are not too pricey if the Shuttle Schedule or city bus doesn't work. I'd guess around $15.

I am so flipping grateful to have GA!
    You can also find me on Facebook (Jayne Philpott).

Look forward to meeting many of you!!!
  • Options
    Ice Bowl SurvivorIce Bowl Survivor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 26
    Hey Milwaukee Ten Clubbers! Help me out here, I have GA tickets and its been a while since I have been in the pit. Do people really line up at 8AM? I feel like I will miss out on all the Wishlist pre-party fun, talking to people from all over the country/world, etc. I have always found those pre-parties to be awesome. Will I be shit out of luck if I get in line at 5PM? Would you just skip the pre-party and wait in line? I can't wait to see the show right in my hometown (via Moline!)
    1992- Lollapalooza, Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 1995- Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI, 7/8/95 and 7/9/95 1996- Toledo, OH 9/22/96 1998- Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6/26/98 and 6/27/98 2000- Alpine Valley, Easy Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl) 2003- Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 2006- Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI, 6/29/06 and 6/30/06 2009- United Center, Chicago, IL 2011- PJ20, Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 9/3/11 and 9/4/11 2013- Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL 7/19/13 2014- Moline, IL 10/17/14 and Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14, 2016 Wrigley both nights
  • Options
    cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293

Hey Milwaukee Ten Clubbers! Help me out here, I have GA tickets and its been a while since I have been in the pit. Do people really line up at 8AM? I feel like I will miss out on all the Wishlist pre-party fun, talking to people from all over the country/world, etc. I have always found those pre-parties to be awesome. Will I be shit out of luck if I get in line at 5PM? Would you just skip the pre-party and wait in line? I can't wait to see the show right in my hometown (via Moline!)

You'll be ok getting there at 5pm if you don't mind being about 5 to 8 rows of people back. If you're not 5'2", you'll be ok...

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • Options
    cmarch007 said:

You'll be ok getting there at 5pm if you don't mind being about 5 to 8 rows of people back. If you're not 5'2", you'll be ok...

Thanks cmarch, and good luck getting a ticket if you are still looking.
    1992- Lollapalooza, Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 1995- Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI, 7/8/95 and 7/9/95 1996- Toledo, OH 9/22/96 1998- Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6/26/98 and 6/27/98 2000- Alpine Valley, Easy Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl) 2003- Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 2006- Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI, 6/29/06 and 6/30/06 2009- United Center, Chicago, IL 2011- PJ20, Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 9/3/11 and 9/4/11 2013- Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL 7/19/13 2014- Moline, IL 10/17/14 and Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14, 2016 Wrigley both nights
  • Options
    Anyone familiar with the Iron Horse Hotel. That's where we are staying. Heard it is fairly nice but far from the venue.
  • Options

Anyone familiar with the Iron Horse Hotel. That's where we are staying. Heard it is fairly nice but far from the venue.

You will like the Iron Horse, its a great hotel and has a cool bar (too bad its cold because they have a nice outdoor patio). Its only a mile or so away from the Bradley Center but its not the best walk from there are as you have to go over the 6th Street viaduct and then under a huge freeway. You could take a quick cab ride there or walk it if you feel like it. There are some fun Mexican restaurants just south of there, (Bonitas, La Perla) and there is also a distillery across the street (Great Lakes Distillery). Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 323
    Use Uber instead of a cab. You can use code Z093L for a free $30 ride!
  • Options
    fsu2626 said:

Realllly??? how awesome is this!!! are you in Milwaukee? have you done the Uber??? :-B
  • Options
    bgirl59 said:

fsu2626 said:

Realllly??? how awesome is this!!! are you in Milwaukee? have you done the Uber??? :-B
    I love Uber. I havent used it in Milwaukee, but I will on Monday. I have used it in Tampa, NYC, Boston, JAX, and I think its great.
  • Options
    sweet!! I'll PM you if you don't mind.............. have a blast ♫
  • Options

It was listed as the coolest hotel here:
    https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-coolest-hotel-in-every-state-100097968767.html
  • Options
    bgirl59 said:

sweet!! I'll PM you if you don't mind.............. have a blast ♫

Can't wait!
  • Options

You will like the Iron Horse, its a great hotel and has a cool bar (too bad its cold because they have a nice outdoor patio). Its only a mile or so away from the Bradley Center but its not the best walk from there are as you have to go over the 6th Street viaduct and then under a huge freeway. You could take a quick cab ride there or walk it if you feel like it. There are some fun Mexican restaurants just south of there, (Bonitas, La Perla) and there is also a distillery across the street (Great Lakes Distillery). Enjoy the show!
    Thanks for the info! Gonna do some city sightseeing (or at least see the inside of some bars) on Sunday. Although the hotel bar and restaurant seem really tempting there.

And was planning to Über it to the venue on Monday.
  • Options
    fsu2626 said:

It was listed as the coolest hotel here:
    https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-coolest-hotel-in-every-state-100097968767.html
    Hey that's pretty cool, I saw a bunch of other reviews saying it was fairly unique and had a great vibe.