Options

Ed & Jack White spotted at Wrigley

HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
Just saw this on twitter from the Cubs tv announcer:

Never know who you will see at Wrigley Field. Eddie Vedder and Jack White spotted (separately) on the field during BP.

— Len Kasper (@LenKasper) July 22, 2014

Comments

• Options
    CACA Posts: 30
    Very cool. GO CUBS!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    That's one grouchy looking mofo people. He looked much happier at Busch Stadium earlier this week, so it must be the Cubs. B-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Enough of this guy. Tired of his attitude and kitsch.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

That's one grouchy looking mofo people. He looked much happier at Busch Stadium earlier this week, so it must be the Cubs. B-)

Love Jack, whether surly-faced or not! I've seen Ed with similar expressions.

And Jack is a talented fellow, at least to me. Never picked up on attitude from him. I get the opposite, actually.

Have you seen him sing Loving Cup with the Stones or in It Might Get Loud, with Page & Edge? He looked like a happy puppy.

Plus overall, a really nice, intelligent and genuine vibe.

• Options

Enough of this guy. Tired of his attitude and kitsch.

Shit! Didn't realize you meant Ed. Pompous SOB!

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Haha this thread has become hilarious.
  • Options
    Well that escalated quickly!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited July 2014
    Naw, Jack just rubs me the wrong way. Glad people like him and I can see why, but he's never done anything for me musically or personality-wise. To each their own.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    now if there was a person I think it would be cool for Pearl Jam to collaborate on a song with, Jack White would be one for sure, that would be great
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    It'd be cool but probably unlikely if they were to do a gig at third man and put out one of those straight to vinyl releases that they do.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options

Naw, Jack just rubs me the wrong way. Glad people like him and I can see why, but he's never done anything for me musically or personality-wise. To each their own.

I hear ya - I feel the same way about other musicians.

BBHank, I can't for the life of me find this on youtube again, but I swear I watched something the other evening with the two of them.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Jack White and I ran into each other at a Nashville Predators game a few years ago. He was kind of dickish about it.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Radio
    City

That was some real getting your thong caught in the wrong place shit
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Met JW at a Dodgers game a couple of years ago. Away from the stage, he just seems like a really low key guy. Kind of lit up a bit when I told him how much I enjoyed his Blunderbuss release show in LA and how much I was looking forward to his next shows. He was nice enough to take a pic with us and sign the baseball I had on me. Seems to really like baseball as he's often at ballgames on his tour off nights (and on some show nights too, pushing it for his tour manager), including quite a few this past week. Was really intent on watching the game when we met him.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Jack is from Detroit baby, so am I. I didn't care about the Cubs when I went to Wrigley last year either. Don't mess with the D!!!!
    photo Unknown_zps5add0a97.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Read all over about Jack's face in that picture. It is very clear that the guy standing, back towards camera, had way too many Old Styles and hot dogs and ripped a good one. The lady is covering her nose, obviously can't stand the smell. Jack is taking it like a boss...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    ^^^^ LOL

I really like JW and all of the whacky shit he does.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Reminds me of this picture:

Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Hobbes said:

A much better picture, thank you! We all have photos that suck. Either you look drunk (and you aren't) or high (and you aren't) or something stupid like that. I take it as just a crappy photo that people published.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So no one could have a picture of themselves taken like that in between expressions. Lighten up people.
    Is this better? Jeez, so quick to judge these days.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Of course JW is pissed. He has to wear a Cubs shirt...that's enough to make any nondrunk a bit surly. He put on a fantastic show in St. Louis the other night and seemed like a different person from what gets put forth in the press.

And is Ed wearing an alternate colored Orioles hat? Doesn't he watch Seinfeld? He should know that's bad form.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    DewieCox said:

Of course JW is pissed. He has to wear a Cubs shirt...that's enough to make any nondrunk a bit surly. He put on a fantastic show in St. Louis the other night and seemed like a different person from what gets put forth in the press.

And is Ed wearing an alternate colored Orioles hat? Doesn't he watch Seinfeld? He should know that's bad form.

Don't think thats an Orioles hat. Looks like a quicksilver hat to me. Just saying. : )
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Thanks Brian for the meme! lol

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    He kind of looks like Darlene from Roseanne when she went through her dark phase.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    demetrios said:

even with a grumpy face, he's still a cutie.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited July 2014
    Not all celebs enjoy fame. Once upon a time, EV would have looked like Jack does in that picture.

Oh, the price famous people have to pay for getting their pictures taken when they don't want it to. Pissy fans who like to throw stones…

And I love that Larry David picture. Soooo Larry David! He's a happy grump, makes money off of it!
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on