Options

Ed & Jack White spotted at Wrigley

2»

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Did you all notice that his small daughter is sitting on his right hand side? The look on his face seems to be about the person turning around to talk to his daughter. That look is probably a "Back off" look!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Hmmmm... ED in Chicago a few days before Lollapalooza... wonder if a surprise is coming?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    never mind... its next week.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

He kind of looks like Darlene from Roseanne when she went through her dark phase.

:D

Loving this thread!

(and Ed looks high as fuck in that photo with Jack - not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2014
    As a Red Sox fan who goes back a long ways, someone who watched Billy Buckner misplay Mookie Wilson's ground ball in 86 with his grandfather, and someone who has a grasp on basic tenets of baseball history, I know what that Jack White look is all about.

It's the effing Cubs. They've been torturing that fan base for A LONG TIME. That's the expression worn on the faces of at least 60% of the paid attendance at Wrigley at any given time during any homestand when the team from the North Side is at bat, or in the field.

No disrespect...I understand longstanding, with no relief in sight, misery.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Love JW. He's great for rock music. He has a chip on his shoulder, but that's because people rip him off. The other guy mentioned in this thread has that same chip on his shoulder for that same reason.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44
    hahaha you can clearly see that Jack has Polish origins- he can make our traditional 'I'm not quite happy' face ;) Just kiddin' his new Album is a blast. had two wonderful days at Open'er Festival one day Pearl Jam the next day Jack White
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    kamilaaa said:

hahaha you can clearly see that Jack has Polish origins- he can make our traditional 'I'm not quite happy' face ;)

i've always said that he looks polish too. i think it's his nose. the hamtramck nose. no one will get that, whatev.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    JK_Livin said:

So no one could have a picture of themselves taken like that in between expressions. Lighten up people.
    Is this better? Jeez, so quick to judge these days.

I think everyone's just having a littler fun. ;) It was a hilarious photo!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44

kamilaaa said:

hahaha you can clearly see that Jack has Polish origins- he can make our traditional 'I'm not quite happy' face ;)

i've always said that he looks polish too. i think it's his nose. the hamtramck nose. no one will get that, whatev.

Good point maybe he has Polish nose, but anyway he could practise some Polish with Eddie. They still make mistakes :P I can teach them! ;)
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 310
    JW is obviously very talented, but he comes off a guy who is so full of shit. The demented artist vibe is getting old.
  • Options
    Mawky1103 said:

JW is obviously very talented, but he comes off a guy who is so full of shit. The demented artist vibe is getting old.

I think that's actually who he is though. Kind of demented. Can't really fault him for that! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited July 2014
    Mawky1103 said:

I remember some times when people have tired of Ed's tortured genius thing and his political rants.

We're just getting a heavier dose of JW at the moment, b/c he's more current and has been in a creative zone with his music and record company. Get him away from the spotlight and he seems like a cool enough guy that just enjoys making music and helping others get their music out there, both in interesting ways.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I could care less about these two at a ball game ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Or couldn't you.... :-?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    PJ_Soul said:

Or couldn't you.... :-?
    :))
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652

Not all celebs enjoy fame. Once upon a time, EV would have looked like Jack does in that picture.

Oh, the price famous people have to pay for getting their pictures taken when they don't want it to. Pissy fans who like to throw stones…

And I love that Larry David picture. Soooo Larry David! He's a happy grump, makes money off of it!

I was thinking along the same lines...

Lots of celebs just want to me able to go out in public and enjoy themselves without having to be noticed as "famous"...

At 6'2", with a stark white complexion, and hair like that, it's not like he's going to blend in with a crowd... it's gotta be irritating to say the least.... I know I couldn't handle it.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep said:

Not all celebs enjoy fame. Once upon a time, EV would have looked like Jack does in that picture.

Oh, the price famous people have to pay for getting their pictures taken when they don't want it to. Pissy fans who like to throw stones…

And I love that Larry David picture. Soooo Larry David! He's a happy grump, makes money off of it!

I was thinking along the same lines...

Lots of celebs just want to me able to go out in public and enjoy themselves without having to be noticed as "famous"...

At 6'2", with a stark white complexion, and hair like that, it's not like he's going to blend in with a crowd... it's gotta be irritating to say the least.... I know I couldn't handle it.
    Either that or he was photographed right while he was clearing his throat or was reacting to something sticky on his shoe, or..... ;)
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    Has anyone read the JW Rolling Stone article from a couple months ago? Not a pretty picture Jack paints of those who have been in relationships with him or merely another musician (Dan Auerbach).

A genius isn't always pretty, they don't alway have a whole lot of social tact, but he's still a genius.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,850
    Celebrity sighting!!! One time I saw a whole bunch of famous athletes at a ballgame...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,079
    Just saw him at the Fox in STL Sunday night. Fantastic show! And I love how some of you are judging him as being dickish from one photo. I'm sure every pic snapped of all of you are so great ;)
  • Options

Just saw him at the Fox in STL Sunday night. Fantastic show! And I love how some of you are judging him as being dickish from one photo. I'm sure every pic snapped of all of you are so great ;)

You should see the one of me as a kid, mid-chew and mid-blink.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    demetrios said:

Thanks Brian for the meme! lol

it's grumpy cat's twin :))

Jack looked like he was giving one dude the evil eye or something. maybe the dude pissed him off?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    he's just got bitchy resting face.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I once saw Elvis at a waffle house at 3 am. THE KING LIVES!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    one of the best documentaries I have seen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sreMiSry_g
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652

why have I not see this before?

Looks like I have something to watch Friday night....

(P.S.lol...I clicked play and then thought to myself, "1 hour, 37 minutes??")
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options

Yes! Well worth the watch (and getting it LOUD).

• Options