The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Well that episode was very fucking weird last night.
    Indeed - but liked this character episode wayyy better than the Kevin Sr. one - I think Matt/Eccleston is probably the most underrated character/actor on this show.

Agreed....much more entertaining standalone episode than the other one.  It just feels like a waste to have these type of episodes when they only have 8 episodes for this final season.  Can't believe there's only 3 left.
    I hear you. But I see what they're doing - seems like they're leading all these characters to a point where they're all in the same spot at the same time while showing how they all got there; definitely feels like we're getting cheated when it comes to time. Hopefully the finale is closer to 90 minutes.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    Well that episode was very fucking weird last night.
    Indeed - but liked this character episode wayyy better than the Kevin Sr. one - I think Matt/Eccleston is probably the most underrated character/actor on this show.

Agreed....much more entertaining standalone episode than the other one.  It just feels like a waste to have these type of episodes when they only have 8 episodes for this final season.  Can't believe there's only 3 left.
    I hear you. But I see what they're doing - seems like they're leading all these characters to a point where they're all in the same spot at the same time while showing how they all got there; definitely feels like we're getting cheated when it comes to time. Hopefully the finale is closer to 90 minutes.

Yeah, I'd say they are due for a longer finale.  This whole series is going to only end up being 28 episodes which is hard to believe.  I haven't been so into a show since Breaking Bad.  I don't even consider watching this on DVR....watch it live every Sunday which is pretty crazy these days.

Saw a video interview with him and was shocked to find out he is British....he does a pretty good American accent. 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,825
    Another solid episode, looks like they're all gonna be us aus for the finale :) My brain is starting to think of theories of how it will end, but I just want to enjoy the ride of the last of this show. 
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Great episode last night.  Can't believe there's only 2 more.
    Yeah, that episode reminded me how incredibly sad this show can be - though, that's not a bad thing.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "same time next week??"

"is  Nora gone?
    we are all gone..."
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    That was a great episode, finally got to watch it. Very sad. I'm guessing Nora's plan doesn't work though because of the flash to her with the crazy killer lady :)

Everyone I talk to about this shows seems to say the same thing. They started watching but didn't get the cult, and then stopped.

a5pj said:
    Everyone I talk to about this shows seems to say the same thing. They started watching but didn't get the cult, and then stopped.
    Yeah, that or it seems like people who don't love it is because they absolutely hate season 1, which in turn I think turned other people off from it.

Though they're missing out, I try to tell people to start watching the show in season 2 because you don't necessarily need to watch season 1 to get everything else.
    a5pj said:
    Yeah, that or it seems like people who don't love it is because they absolutely hate season 1, which in turn I think turned other people off from it.

Though they're missing out, I try to tell people to start watching the show in season 2 because you don't necessarily need to watch season 1 to get everything else.

Yeah, you could definitely start with season 2 and not be completely lost.  But man, season 1 of this show is some of the best TV I've ever seen.....some really dark shit, but so damn good.
    a5pj said:

Yeah, you could definitely start with season 2 and not be completely lost.  But man, season 1 of this show is some of the best TV I've ever seen.....some really dark shit, but so damn good.

I think this might be a show that I re-watch all of em eventually. Have to get my wife on board as well, she's missing out.

That was the most fuckin craziest shit ever!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    What the fuck is going on? I binged and am all caught up. Totally confused and am having difficulty seeing how they tie everything up next week.....my sense is they don't.

So Kevin is a god but was unsuccessful because he didn't get that song from Chis Sunday?? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    What the fuck is going on? I binged and am all caught up. Totally confused and am having difficulty seeing how they tie everything up next week.....my sense is they don't.

So Kevin is a god but was unsuccessful because he didn't get that song from Chis Sunday?? 
    There was never a flood coming that Kevin's dad claimed there would be so there was nothing for them to stop.  But yeah, that was a pretty wild episode....I think I need to watch that one again.

There was never a flood coming that Kevin's dad claimed there would be so there was nothing for them to stop.  But yeah, that was a pretty wild episode....I think I need to watch that one again.

Okay....but Kevin is a god or isn't a god?

Also--Christopher Sunday is a great fucking name.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2017
    I don't think it matters whether Kevin's a god or not, I don't think that's the point. I don't believe you have to believe in the afterlife for any of this to take on meaning. I think this is all more an interpretation in Kevin's own mind to figure out life - his life.

And just like the first episode where the weird religious pilgrim family are standing on the roof of their house, you've got Kevin's dad doing the same.

I was thinking Meg was going to be Laurie, so maybe that means Laurie didn't kill herself since everyone in these afterlife/dream states are dead people?

Fun part of watching this episode: Our wedding song was "God Only Knows," my wife goes, "Aww, it's our song." I respond with, "Yes, yes, it is", as I take a sip of beer (and as Kevin shoves his hand into Other Kevin's chest and blood flies everywhere). This just endeared the show more to me; pretty awesome.

I love this show. God damnit. Just one more episode.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    I don't think it matters whether Kevin's a god or not, I don't think that's the point. I don't believe you have to believe in the afterlife for any of this to take on meaning. I think this is all more an interpretation in Kevin's own mind to figure out life - his life.

And just like the first episode where the weird religious pilgrim family are standing on the roof of their house, you've got Kevin's dad doing the same.

I was thinking Meg was going to be Laurie, so maybe that means Laurie didn't kill herself since everyone in these afterlife/dream states are dead people?

Fun part of watching this episode: Our wedding song was "God Only Knows," my wife goes, "Aww, it's our song." I respond with, "Yes, yes, it is." (as Kevin shoves his hand into Other Kevin's chest and blood flies everywhere. This just endeared the show more to me; pretty awesome.
    Just got to watch the episode last night! Like you said I thought it might be Laurie, but Kevin doesn't know she's dead. So it might just be his own mind, but that's gotta be a record for dying and coming back.

When the nukes were coming down, that had to be a homage to Fight Club, had to be. Just Where is my mind wasn't playing.

This last episode is gonna be awesome, and sad that it's over. 

Also, part of me thinks this show ends on a rather unappetizing/anticlimactic note, which is that pretty much all people grapple with the idea of spirituality/religion/atheism/any-ism, and that it's going to be highly ambiguous and left up to the individual viewer to interpret what they want from it.
    Also, part of me thinks this show ends on a rather unappetizing/anticlimactic note, which is that pretty much all people grapple with the idea of spirituality/religion/atheism/any-ism, and that it's going to be highly ambiguous and left up to the individual viewer to interpret what they want from it.

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm expecting.  Lindelof has said in several interviews that the series isn't going to end with an explanation of why the departure happened or where those people went.  I always thought that the whole point of the series has been how people have dealt with the departure....not answers for why or how it happened.  Can't wait to see how they wrap it up.
    Come on you know Kevin is going to end up with Nora, everything all fixed. Wait, then what about future Nora saying she had never heard of Kevin?!?! Gasp

I don't know but I'm excited!

• Anam.Anam. Posts: 14

Saw a video interview with him and was shocked to find out he is British....he does a pretty good American accent. 
    I don't think I have ever seen Eccleston in anything that wasn't brilliant. He was the best Iago ever. Also, check out Fortitude on Sky. 
    . The world doesn’t have to end for your own world to collapse in on itself, and a TV show doesn’t have to put the universe on the line to take us on a satisfying journey.
    . The world doesn’t have to end for your own world to collapse in on itself, and a TV show doesn’t have to put the universe on the line to take us on a satisfying journey.
    Are you Christopher Sunday?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    brilliant!!excellent!!!!,,what a fuckin masterpiece!!!!...
    omg...what an episode
    "and i was a Ghost......"..." i was a Ghost who had no place there..."

the whole time Nora was talking to kevin on the table..i was fuckin crying like a baby...

"why wouldnt i believe you??
    you are here...

..im here.."

and when those fuckin Pigeons start returning....with that music...
    brilliant...fuckin epic scene!!!..

after Lost my favorite show of all times...fuckin gold!!