Options

The Leftovers- HBO

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    I really liked the finale. Kind of tied up loose ends while at the same time leaving it ambiguous. Guess it just depends on if you believe Nora's story. Do you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I really liked the finale. Kind of tied up loose ends while at the same time leaving it ambiguous. Guess it just depends on if you believe Nora's story. Do you?

No.  But I still enjoyed the finale.  The scene with Nora and Matt before she went into the machine was great stuff.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
      think was the smartest ending in tv history..just fuckin brilliant
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787

No.  But I still enjoyed the finale.  The scene with Nora and Matt before she went into the machine was great stuff.
    Yeah, nope. Again, it comes back to having concrete answers to abstract things, which do not really matter - great show about grief and love and everything in between. Bravo to this show, bravo I say.
  • Options

Yeah, nope. Again, it comes back to having concrete answers to abstract things, which do not really matter - great show about grief and love and everything in between. Bravo to this show, bravo I say.
    exactly this,,,100%
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
     "Over here, we lost some of them, but over there, they lost all of us"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I was confused as hell until the very end.  Well done.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited June 2017
    This describes how me for the entire series. haha 

So many "wait.....what???" "the fuck is happening here????" "I have no idea what's going on" --that's part of what made the show so great. Kept you thinking and on the edge of your seat. If only more people could've gotten through season 1 perhaps we'd have another season or two. But, I'm cool with a nice little 3 season arch. Didn't give the show a chance to inevitably slide downhill. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Wow, all i can say. I didn't like the old face make up for the entire episode, or the time wasted before Kevin came clean. But, that ending, wow. It shouldn't have ended so soon, but the way it did was one of the best endings to a series in long term memory. I loved this show, it ended too soon. The goat and bird symbolism spoke volumes too, letting go of their sins. I wish they would have explained more about Kevin being Jesus and whatever happened with that, but I guess it doesn't matter, all that matters is that he found her. wow
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    This describes how me for the entire series. haha 

So many "wait.....what???" "the fuck is happening here????" "I have no idea what's going on" --that's part of what made the show so great. Kept you thinking and on the edge of your seat. If only more people could've gotten through season 1 perhaps we'd have another season or two. But, I'm cool with a nice little 3 season arch. Didn't give the show a chance to inevitably slide downhill. 
    I actually gave up on season 1 after a few episodes.  Then I started seeing people chatter (possibly on here) that it was really good.

I binge watched the entire first season in a few days and it makes a hell of a lot more sense when you can watch episodes back to back.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    its the only show along with LOST that i really miss
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I still have the final two episodes to watch.
    Excellent TV, but apparently too complicated/convoluted for Emmy nominations.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I watched every single episode and we just had the finale here in Ireland this week. I stuck with it but really didn't get it. I guess it's just not my kind of thing. I appreciate that these days you have to be creative and different to stand out in a saturated market but I think it was just a little too nuts for me :smile: