The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This show should get extra weird since the writer is going where ever he wants - or possibly where he wants to go - since this is all new material deviating from a book that had enough for only one season.

So far what I'm getting from the opening scene, and where this season may go, is that shit happens and as humans (evolving humans) we need some divine reason to explain away the unknown/unreasonable/shitty things that happen to us.

But, um, anyway, carry on...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

Interesting opener last night. That opening scene was a little long....especially for something that has zero to do with the plot of the show. I'm guessing the Garvey's and Murphy's living next door to each other isn't going to work out too well!

Very intresting...love the show
    Has this Lost mystery...wtf is going on style
    Last scene with water dissapear was epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Downloading...cant wait!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    this is the best tv show at the moment
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

this is the best tv show at the moment

Yep. Definitely agree with you there. This show blows my mind every time I watch it.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So who/how did Kevin end up in the water with the cinder block tied to his foot? We know he sleepwalks, but there is a gap in time still missing from when he went to sleep as well as Evie and her friends going out to the same water.
    Was it a departure event or is there some kind of higher power going on that is protecting Kevin? I assume if the cracks from the earthquake never occur, Kevin would have drowned, yet Evie and her friends wouldnt be missing.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    edited October 2015

So who/how did Kevin end up in the water with the cinder block tied to his foot? We know he sleepwalks, but there is a gap in time still missing from when he went to sleep as well as Evie and her friends going out to the same water.
    Was it a departure event or is there some kind of higher power going on that is protecting Kevin? I assume if the cracks from the earthquake never occur, Kevin would have drowned, yet Evie and her friends wouldnt be missing.....

I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to kill himself.

Then there's the running through the woods naked thing those girls were doing. So they could be nut jobs. Maybe they threw Kevin in the lake with a cinder block. Ah? Ah? Ahhhh.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Next to Rick and Morty, I cannot think of a better show on TV right now.

Spoiler alert...Kevin's cray-cray.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Sorry...haven't seen S2 E2 yet...thought S2 E1 was a bit odd though
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    the piano theme of where is my mind from pixies was epic!!!
    What is not epic?

Tell ya what, though - most intense episode yet this season. Made me cringe a few times, which is not a bad thing.

What is not epic?

Tell ya what, though - most intense episode yet this season. Made me cringe a few times, which is not a bad thing.

i agree..
    again,,this is the best tv show at the moment....
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

What is not epic?

i agree..
    again,,this is the best tv show at the moment....
    Ah now, I'd never agree with that :) I have too strong a suspicion that it's going bloody nowhere! I'll stick with it though, as I always do
    Did it happen again????
    Best show on tv
    Good episode. Although I'm not sure how much I'm loving the narrative structure they are using this season with each episode from someone else's point of view. Those girls disappeared at the end of episode 1 and we're still dealing with that for most of episode 4.

Good episode. Although I'm not sure how much I'm loving the narrative structure they are using this season with each episode from someone else's point of view. Those girls disappeared at the end of episode 1 and we're still dealing with that for most of episode 4.

They gone??thats the point
    And they use the epic music at very intense moments
    As i see it..that different point of how pwoplw see it....will be match at some point all togetjer at the same time
    Like at season 1 ..episode 9 at the end
    When we saw what all people did the time people dissapear..that was EPIC!!
    Some crazy shit happening with all those people just outside the gates. Hitting a guy with a paddle and yelling "Brian"????

I think Matt is out of his fucking mind. No way Mary came out of it for a few hours when they first got there.

Some crazy shit happening with all those people just outside the gates. Hitting a guy with a paddle and yelling "Brian"????

I think Matt is out of his fucking mind. No way Mary came out of it for a few hours when they first got there.

Oh, thank God. There's nothing about an "epic" comment in this post.

I liked this episode a lot. Actually, any episode that has something to do with Matt is pretty good.

At this point, people vanish into thin air and it's something we are to believe. So the idea of an "immaculate conception" could be a possibility. But, yes, rationally, Matt saw what he wanted to see and raped his vegetated wife. Maybe that's part of the reason he decides to "repent"?

Really good episode...and I hope Matt has that talk with John before the season's over.
    so LOST-y

Oh, thank God. There's nothing about an "epic" comment in this post.

I liked this episode a lot. Actually, any episode that has something to do with Matt is pretty good.

At this point, people vanish into thin air and it's something we are to believe. So the idea of an "immaculate conception" could be a possibility. But, yes, rationally, Matt saw what he wanted to see and raped his vegetated wife. Maybe that's part of the reason he decides to "repent"?

Really good episode...and I hope Matt has that talk with John before the season's over.
    Ha yeah, I think it's OK to talk about this show without using the word epic over and over.

Yeah, the repent thing definitely makes sense. Completely agree....anything with Matt is always good. His stand-alone episode in season 1 was really good.

Halfway through the season already....plenty of crazy shit ahead.
    So Nora may have a demon in her? I swear to god, if this is what this shows devolves into then I'm out. Overall, good episode, but please, don't gimme this shit.

Looking forward to Kevin's fight with his imaginary friend.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

So Nora may have a demon in her? I swear to god, if this is what this shows devolves into then I'm out. Overall, good episode, but please, don't gimme this shit.

Aye, once you have 'scientists' start spouting shite about demons you know they're starting to grasp at straws haha
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Love this show
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited November 2015
    I am finally getting around to watching this show. Had a serious binge session today. Got through Episode 5 (season 1). It's so good, and i can't wait to see what happens next. But so far the idea that people would be SO offended by people who want to remember the missing in a pointed way seems pretty weird. I mean sure, the breaking into houses and shit is another thing, but the basic premise behind why people hate the cult (or whatever you want to call it - can't remember their name right now) seems a bit unrealistic to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Yeah, I really hope it doesn't turn into some nonsense with demons. Lindelof has said several times that they weren't going to get into what caused the departure so I think the demon thing was just showing one of the crazy theories that is out there.

Another really good episode. Kinda funny to see Kevin talking to Patti without seeing her on the screen. Looks like a big showdown next week.

Yeah, I really hope it doesn't turn into some nonsense with demons. Lindelof has said several times that they weren't going to get into what caused the departure so I think the demon thing was just showing one of the crazy theories that is out there.

Another really good episode. Kinda funny to see Kevin talking to Patti without seeing her on the screen. Looks like a big showdown next week.
    Yeah, I read a comment somewhere that they think the demon thing is just a red herring to (unnecessarily) throw you off.

That last scene with both women was really good, though.
    As Ed would say "I'll have to check the bootlegs" but I think Kevin actually said "I'm so Lost" last night
    Another killer episode. Saw some of that coming, but definitely not all of it.

Oh man. It's hard for me to go to sleep on Sunday nights after watching this show. My wife and I were both just sitting there speechless at the end of last night's episode. Fucking crazy.

Oh man. It's hard for me to go to sleep on Sunday nights after watching this show. My wife and I were both just sitting there speechless at the end of last night's episode. Fucking crazy.

Haha, that's funny, me and the soon-to-be-wife did the same. I'm pretty sure we were both white knuckled at the end and I just let out a "......fuck." Then immediately fast-forwarded to the end for a preview of next week. Of course that didn't give any leads....damnit.

Apparently, I think no one out of those in this thread watches this show and there's a good chance it won't be renewed for a 3rd season. Which would be a shame.