The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    And music theme is epic!!!!
    same was metallica intro at last episode
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Great stuff.This show is right up there with homeland for me.Not for nothin,but I need some friends like the Rev.Dude will help u dispose of a body and buy you a cheese burger in the same afternoon.
    I think Chief asked for his family.And got just that,except its not in the old configuration.Ex wife is gone,enter Nora,New baby,Dog,Renewed relation with Jill and I think since the son will be part again.Was the Asian chic an angel?
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,825
    Good finale, lots of questions still hanging out there. My biggest was if Wayne granted his wish, and his wish was to have his family back (which makes sense because that's what he was talking about right before he found wayne, right?) then why was Nora on the porch with the baby? You would think his ex wife and son would be inside and nora just picked the baby up. Because the son had the baby and was holding hands with ex wife. So does he have 2 "wives" now? sorry for the ramble...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:

Good finale, lots of questions still hanging out there. My biggest was if Wayne granted his wish, and his wish was to have his family back (which makes sense because that's what he was talking about right before he found wayne, right?) then why was Nora on the porch with the baby? You would think his ex wife and son would be inside and nora just picked the baby up. Because the son had the baby and was holding hands with ex wife. So does he have 2 "wives" now? sorry for the ramble...

It was Kevin and Jill holding hands.And he did get his wish,it's just his"family" is now different with Nora,a new "special" baby and a black dog.I think its kinda like the Stones lyrics,"you can't always get what you want,but if you try sometimes,you'll get what you need.
    I think the baby is kinda binding this new unit together.
    rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

It was Kevin and Jill holding hands.And he did get his wish,it's just his"family" is now different with Nora,a new "special" baby and a black dog.I think its kinda like the Stones lyrics,"you can't always get what you want,but if you try sometimes,you'll get what you need.
    But Kevin's son (the one with the baby now) was holding hands with his real Mom, right?

a5pj said:

rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

But Kevin's son (the one with the baby now) was holding hands with his real Mom, right?
    No he just was walking toward her,then they cut to Kevin.I think??
    rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

eh, either way I'm looking forward to season 2.

edited September 2014
    a5pj said:

rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

rr165892 said:

a5pj said:

eh, either way I'm looking forward to season 2.
    Re watched last night it is Kevin and Jill.fyi
    And I am also pumped for season 2
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    This is great television.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Fuckin' A.

Might pick up the book to hold me over...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

Fuckin' A.

I thought about that too. Apparently the book is much different and Garvey is the mayor instead of police chief.

Also, I read that they exhausted all of the material from the book in this 1st season so next season the writers are completely on their own. Can't wait to see where they go from here...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    I watched the first 3-4 episodes and wasn't grabbed by it. I thought I would give it a second chance and rewatched them and got hooked from there. Another great series by HBO
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Fuckin' A.

I thought about that too. Apparently the book is much different and Garvey is the mayor instead of police chief.

Also, I read that they exhausted all of the material from the book in this 1st season so next season the writers are completely on their own. Can't wait to see where they go from here...
    Hmmmm, maybe this is where the Lost dude totally destroys a good thing....we will see I guess.

Definitely think I'm gonna check out the book.
    Ha. Didn't realize the guy who wrote this wrote Election as well. Helluva good movie.

Fuckin' A.

Hmmmm, maybe this is where the Lost dude totally destroys a good thing....we will see I guess.

Definitely think I'm gonna check out the book.
    Yeah, who knows where they will go from here. But it is Lindelof and Tom Perotta who wrote the book who run the show and are the main writers so hopefully it doesn't turn into a giant clusterfuck like Lost did.
    best scene in tv since "we have to go back Kate at Lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKCN6ayWmk
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    cant wait for new season

cant wait for new season

There are no miracles in miracle
    Season 2 - 4th October
    One of the greatest scenes in the history of television, period.

https://youtu.be/onrKVymBg40
    This is back on Sunday. Can't wait.

This is back on Sunday. Can't wait.

So is homeland.Man o man DVR is going to be working overtime.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    nice. I forgot about this show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tomorrow!!!!!!
    the is show is just epic!!
    the is show is just epic!!
    Interesting opener last night. That opening scene was a little long....especially for something that has zero to do with the plot of the show. I'm guessing the Garvey's and Murphy's living next door to each other isn't going to work out too well!
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,833
    Binge watched S1 all day Sunday, I'm hooked. S2 episode, meh, boring. Still dig the show though. Looking forward to more.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby