*** Leeds Fanviews Here 7/8/14 ***

Comments

• CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    It was an absolutely amazing show. Instant classic. The band was relaxed and Ed was in his humorous spirits. The place was great, the sound was great, the setlist is sick and the crowd really delivered. All of this made it the best Pearl Jam show I´ve ever seen.
    I can´t believe that after 21 shows I got to hear 9 songs I´ve never heard live before. What other band comes even close to that????

So many songs I never thought I was gonna hear live. And the band was on stage from 8.24 to around 11.50, insane!

Bring on the boot!!!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• swervedriverswervedriver Sheffield, UK Posts: 182
    Still on a high today! What a show and what a setlist for my 20th show. What a band
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2014
    Pingfah said:

I was right behind these two, I mean directly behind them. One had a Sex Pistols tattoo on his neck. It did get quite rough down there.

Yep, that's the exact ones I am talking about, I saw the tattoo also. That means you were standing next to me for most of the gig! I had glasses on, and I was constantly worried they were going to break them because they kept bashing me in the face. I actually backed off a few rows about half way through because they were so awful to be next to. I am quite happy to have moshers around, but these guys took it way beyond a good time.
    I believe at one point I put my hand up to temporarily stop the inappropriate overhand clapping from repeatedly hitting your the side of your face..."some people..."

I understand it's a rock show and I could have dealt most all of it off with a shrug, but these 2 were douches, just complete douches.

There were some super rarities Fatal, (a second time for me (in only 7 shows !!) BUT it replaced Parting Ways and some other song I can't decipher on the playlist), Push Me, Pull Me (one of my Faves from Yield, but difficult for the above mentioned douches not to take super literally when they're already wound up), Zero Backspacer (although I do like that record), and again, Don't Gimme No Lip. I can't stress how much I love that song.

still waiting on an Oceans and Deep, and a Satan's Bed for that matter...

No MK for me, back home now.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Thanks Idlewild for posting the footage, tried in vain yesterday to find RVM on u tube, so glad to re live that moment, as for All Or None just WOW! Mike McFuckin McCready's solo, i have no words even Eds in awe. Some how some way this need to be put together as a DVD :)]
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Loving this comment from the Burnley Express review:
    "You’d have more luck predicting the weekend’s Lottery numbers than guessing a Pearl Jam setlist such is the depth of the well they draw from." - so, so true!

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/what-s-on/gigs-music/review-pearl-jam-live-1-6720706
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • cheers for the review, fuckin epic!
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • I've been annoyed by idiots playing drums behind their head in the past, and nowadays its people filming the gig and blocking my view, but when all is said and done, its a rock concert. Surely we all expect it not to be like Sunday School?

We moved halfway through and stood near some students. They were rowdy and annoying, and the girl must have hit me in the face about 5 times, but its a rock concert.

I dunno, I feel your pain and all that, but there are plenty of places with good views to stand if you want completely uninterrupted personal space :)

I guess its a trade off. Lifes too short.
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,402

I've been annoyed by idiots playing drums behind their head in the past, and nowadays its people filming the gig and blocking my view.

I get where you're coming from, and as much as I hate the idea of watching their camera screens & thinking about how it'll look later instead of watching it with their eyes and relishing it now, I'm guilty of it too - obviously from my videos above. But I am glad I took the very few I did, I focused on the show rather than on the screen when filming (which is probably evident from the shakiness...), and I tried not to hold my camera up where it would block anyone's view (easier to do when you're at the front). So I hope I'm forgiven...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • steve73steve73 Posts: 58
    What is there to say that hasn't been said already ! GREAT NIGHT ! My fifth show and the best one yet. Was my mates first PJ show and was such a special one to take him to. He has always been into them so when he said he was up for leeds i gave him all the albums along with lost dogs (he only had ten and yield) which helped make it a great night for him as he never realy know to much apart from ten,yield and the odd other single . As said a night for true fans !
  • PingfahPingfah Posts: 350

I believe at one point I put my hand up to temporarily stop the inappropriate overhand clapping from repeatedly hitting your the side of your face..."some people..."

Ahaha, thanks, that was you, yes I remember!

I've been annoyed by idiots playing drums behind their head in the past, and nowadays its people filming the gig and blocking my view, but when all is said and done, its a rock concert. Surely we all expect it not to be like Sunday School?

We moved halfway through and stood near some students. They were rowdy and annoying, and the girl must have hit me in the face about 5 times, but its a rock concert.

I dunno, I feel your pain and all that, but there are plenty of places with good views to stand if you want completely uninterrupted personal space :)

I guess its a trade off. Lifes too short.

Yes well thanks for the bullshit patronising attitude, but you weren't next to them. I'm not some fragile whiner, I just did 4 nights at Sonisphere on my way to the Pearl Jam gig. I was in a mosh at a fucking Anthrax gig on Friday, Iron Maiden on Saturday, and Metallica on Sunday, so you'd better believe me when I tell you these guys were unnecessarily aggressive.

edited September 2014
    agreed

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119

Pingfah said:

There was also a very tall, I mean HUGE long haired German dude, (he had his GA wristband and a Rock Werchter wristband too...he got Eddies last tambo...) as soon as Breakerfall started (the fourth song) he made an intentional effort to move the entire center of the crowd forward, and from then on, when the tempo was up, three rows back from Ed was pretty outta control.

I was speaking to this guy as the show started (I think he was actually Dutch!). He was actually great; he turned round to the two smaller girls next to him and said 'We are all one big Pearl Jam family. When the show starts I will move for you, but you must forgive my elbows'. He told me about how in Werchter Mike gave him picks for looking after everyone around him. I then saw Mike wave to him about 3 songs in. So cool!
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • KP276492KP276492 Birmingham, England Posts: 11
    Best ever PJ show. So much intimacy, interaction & fun. So many rarely heard songs. So much emotion for me personally & obviously for Ed, he really struck a chord when he was talking about his uncle. Had to miss them years ago when I was ill, this set made up for it & then some. 100 times better than Milton Keynes, only shame was no Breathe.

Oh yeah, Mike breaking one of the hanging down glass globes - priceless ! Know your own strength lol.
    Manchester Evening News Arena, Aug 17, 2009
    Hard Rock Calling, London, June 25, 2010
    First Direct Arena, Leeds, July 8, 2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, July 11, 2014
    O2 Arena, London, England June 18, 2018.
    edited July 2014
    Yes, that was the guy...I was directly on his left side when the show started and totally heard that conversation.
    Great wouldn't be how I personally would describe him, but have no problem being corrected from German to Dutch.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119

Yes, that was the guy...I was directly on his left him when the show started and totally heard that conversation.
    Great wouldn't be how I personally would describe him, but have no problem being corrected from German to Dutch.

Oh okay, well admittedly by the end of Breakerfall I was pretty far away from him, so I guess I can't be the judge.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    He did have great hair...
  • crezzercrezzer Posts: 14
    Took my 12 year old to see his first concert (of any band) so bought seated tickets for the first time ever. I was worried about sitting yet the atmosphere was great up there; fab time. Only disappointing thing was that I stupid didn't get a Leeds "owl" t-shirt and regret it now. I checked on eBay and there were 2, one at £55 and one at £60. Total joke clearly not fans. If anyone has a large going spare please message me and I'll sort via PayPal at normal price plus post. Cheers
  • nickburrows14nickburrows14 Posts: 858
    edited July 2014
    crezzer said:

Took my 12 year old to see his first concert (of any band) so bought seated tickets for the first time ever. I was worried about sitting yet the atmosphere was great up there; fab time. Only disappointing thing was that I stupid didn't get a Leeds "owl" t-shirt and regret it now. I checked on eBay and there were 2, one at £55 and one at £60. Total joke clearly not fans. If anyone has a large going spare please message me and I'll sort via PayPal at normal price plus post. Cheers

Good luck. A Leeds button went for nearly £30 on eBay. Absolutely crazy
    Happy up here in my tree
  • PeteCrzPeteCrz Posts: 5
    Awesome need I say more
  • baz1973baz1973 liverpool Posts: 1
    Quite literally the best concert I have ever witnessed. The venue was perfect for the band. Highlight of the night was Leaving here and Eddie paying homage ti the Who's live at leeds seminal album. A perfect night.
  • Nearly one week later....still cant get this gig out of my head....! 4th time Ive seen them (including Hyde Park and Milton Keynes) but this blew the others away!

Much Respect !
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    The Fatal sign & request was me. Can't believe they played it. I debated if I should actually make that sign, thinking they only play it in Boston/Woosta all the time anyway. Glad I was wrong. Such a magic show, 3 Who covers which I loved, band was in an amazing mood, Push Me Pull Me as one of my favs, Breakerfall, Of the Girl, Ghost, Tremor Christ.. Most of all, got to spend it with great friends, queuing and then at the rail...one of the best gigs I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Thank you, PJ!
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    Kathi said:

The Fatal sign & request was me. Can't believe they played it. I debated if I should actually make that sign, thinking they only play it in Boston/Woosta all the time anyway.

Thank you Kathi!!!!! I REALLY appreciated you putting the time in to write the sign... and that they played it!

edited July 2014
    As one of the Fatal-ed in Worcester...my Parting Ways got scrapped.
    :(
    I will survive.
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 827
    Kathi said:

The Fatal sign & request was me. Can't believe they played it. I debated if I should actually make that sign, thinking they only play it in Boston/Woosta all the time anyway. Glad I was wrong. Such a magic show, 3 Who covers which I loved, band was in an amazing mood, Push Me Pull Me as one of my favs, Breakerfall, Of the Girl, Ghost, Tremor Christ.. Most of all, got to spend it with great friends, queuing and then at the rail...one of the best gigs I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Thank you, PJ!

Kathi - thank you so much for doing that sign... Just amazing. My all time white whale song --

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/234713/could-i-dare-to-dream-of-fatal-being-brought-out-for-the-6th-time-at-leeds#latest

I have never made a request post before I made this one!!! But I know they wouldn't have played it if not for you so the beer is on me and my wife next time!! Thanks -- Just awesome work!

^:)^ =D>
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

Kathi said:

Kathi - thank you so much for doing that sign... Just amazing. My all time white whale song --

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/234713/could-i-dare-to-dream-of-fatal-being-brought-out-for-the-6th-time-at-leeds#latest

I have never made a request post before I made this one!!! But I know they wouldn't have played it if not for you so the beer is on me and my wife next time!! Thanks -- Just awesome work!

It was a set that just kept giving! Song after song after song, we were totally dumbfounded! Fatal was one of many, many highlights.

Don't think it gets better than this! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 119
    This show was everything I'd hoped it would be. I took my younger brother, so it was his 1st show and my 20th. We queued up for early entry GA (met some cool fans in the wait) and managed to get 4th from the rail on Mikes side. There so many highlights, Of the Girl, Tremor Christ, Ghost and Fatal. This band never cease to amaze me, they looked like they were having a blast right from the off. Totally brilliant night topped off when I got a pick from Jeff :D
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

Kathi said:

Haven't been in here for ages, so didn't see your post! But glad I could help you finally getting to hear it as well :D I've had a sign for it with me at some of the fall US gigs, but eventually got tired of it. Thought I'd have to give it a try again for my 30th gig. :)
    First held it up when the slow encore began (thanks to the guy on the rail next to me for helping me retrieve it - it had been moved over to the side by the crowd movement during the gig). Ed saw it immediately as I was right across from him, but I didn't get at first that he was motioning for me to pass it to him. He put it on the side of the monitor, and I already thought I was out of luck, but then they really did play it. :D

• TyndsTynds Posts: 2
    Not one to ever post but the gig was so good I feel I must. The first time is always special but this has possibly topped it. Nearly a week since the gig and I'm still buzzing off it. Cracking atmosphere and good vibes all round. Could not afford the MK gig as well but would have loved to have been there. Just got myself tickets for the Who at Leeds arena in December. Let's hope their songs are up to the standard of the the PJ covers....
    Brixton 07.14.1993, Manchester 06.04.2000, Manchester 08.17.2009, Leeds 07.08.2014
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 827
    Kathi said:

Kathi said:

Haven't been in here for ages, so didn't see your post! But glad I could help you finally getting to hear it as well :D I've had a sign for it with me at some of the fall US gigs, but eventually got tired of it. Thought I'd have to give it a try again for my 30th gig. :)
    First held it up when the slow encore began (thanks to the guy on the rail next to me for helping me retrieve it - it had been moved over to the side by the crowd movement during the gig). Ed saw it immediately as I was right across from him, but I didn't get at first that he was motioning for me to pass it to him. He put it on the side of the monitor, and I already thought I was out of luck, but then they really did play it. :D

Just amazing. Thanks for posting the details ! Was my 23rd show and I think it narrowly topped Amsterdam 2 from the other Year... Just....
    But nothing will top Leeds - with Fatal --- "who knows it?" Ed asked, but I was too far over to Mike's side (3 rows back) for him to see me jump up shouting "me!!!!!!!"