Options

Big Brother 16 (*No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

imalive said:

this show is sooooooooo fucking bad. you're rotting your brains.

carry on.

There is a lot of bad TV out there (Honey Boo Boo)...but Big Brother is 3 compelling hours a week. :D

PBM
    Honey Boo Boo's putridness does not make BB any better.

One of the biggest PsOS on TV.

carry on.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited July 2014
    I like it. :) It's a competition. That's why it's good. It's not anywhere close to shows like honey boo boo or the Kardashians or jersey shore and shit. BB is a fun game and involves physical competition and everything. That doesn't seem so bad to me! .... Not that it's high brow entertainment, don't get me wrong, lol. It's my very guilty and shameful pleasure, lol. Totally voyeuristic and ridiculous - that's why I am trying to defend my poor taste in TV shows. :P But my life is packed with intellectually respectable and/or complicated stuff, this is my zone out break! :D

Anyway, yeah, they totally should have gotten rid of Caleb. But what's her name was pretty boring, so I'm glad she's gone. Not sure Wtf Victoria or whatever her name is doing. As someone else said, I keep on forgetting she's even there.

Totally rooting for Donny right now. He's awesome. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    It all worked out well for Cody this week with Frankie and Zach being co-HOH.

These unanimous votes will have to end sooner or later. I don't remember seeing the votes go this way as much before. I guess it's a smart strategy but eventually houseguests will have to turn on each other.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    "reality" shows are ALL staged. you know that, right?

my buddy was on BB years ago. he confirms.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    imalive said:

"reality" shows are ALL staged. you know that, right?

my buddy was on BB years ago. he confirms.

Of course everyone knows that. We don't care, lol. Whatever, it's just a bit of harmless fun. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited July 2014
    it'd be nice for some balance like in previous years.
    the power is steady on 1 side.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413

it'd be nice for some balance like in previous years.
    the power is steady on 1 side.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There really isn't another side...lol. I hate with the last few years that the house has to vote together...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    I read on Twitter over the weekend that Derrick's grandfather died. I'm surprised they didn't mention it last night...I can only assume they'll go into it on Wednesday. Sadly ironic since Derrick gave up HOH to Frankie in order for his to see pictures of his grandfather.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    They talked about it on BB after dark. He said he did not want to make a big deal about it.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    I guess none of us were surprised that Amber went home last week.
    With the current HOH's in place AND a double elimination this week we may actually have some shake up.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options

Worst BB , ever ?

http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/is-this-the-worst-season-of-big-brother-ever-2/

I’ve given it five weeks, and I’m ready to call it: So far, this is the worst season of “Big Brother.”

Ever.

The summer reality staple has been around since 2000, and I’m both proud and ashamed to say I’ve seen virtually every episode.

The competition, which secludes a group of strangers in a house and records their every move, is so trashy, it’s basically the Dumpster of modern television.

The people are obnoxious, the challenges are stupid and every season at least one person runs around naked.

In my book, those are all perfectly legitimate reasons to watch, especially that last one — these dudes are ripped.

Unfortunately, while the 16th season of “Big Brother” is delivering on all of those fronts, it’s lacking the most necessary of elements: momentum.

Modal Trigger
    Photo: CBS

In order for the show to work, there need to be sides. People need to hate each other. We need villains. People need to want one another out of the house so bad they will do crazy, irrational things — scream, provoke, cry.

This season, we’ve just got a group of largely mellow duds who all seem content working together as friends.

Each week, the house as a whole targets one person and they pretty much unanimously vote them out. This is not interesting to watch, no matter how much the show’s editors attempt to manipulate it to look like there may be divisions.

The problem boils down to the fact that there needs to be a power shift each week, when a new “Head of Household” is crowned.

When that “HOH” competition comes at the end of each Thursday night episode, we should be on the edge of our seats to see who’s going to take power and switch up the game.

Modal Trigger
    HOH Frankie oversees the “Knight Moves” Battle of the Block competition.Photo: CBS

Instead, I’m finding myself not caring in the least because they’re all going to do the same thing. It’s like betting on an elementary school talent show — someone’s going to win, but they’re still not going to get into Juilliard.

That point is exacerbated by the addition of a new twist that crowns two HOHs each week, lowering the stakes. There’s no point in getting invested in who wins when one of them is just going to be deposed in the next episode.

I can’t help but wonder if some of this lame-ness is due to the ultra-controversial season we saw last summer, where houseguests openly aired their racist and homophobic prejudices.

After seeing that backlash, perhaps these contestants are even more concerned about the image they’re putting out there. (Except for New Yorker Victoria, who exists only to fill space and is as interesting as an empty shopping bag.)

And the fellas aren’t doing a very good job of hiding their weird sexism — 4 out of 5 evictees thus far were women, and Caleb’s vindictive ousting of the uninterested Amber (or, as the show called it, a “nomance”), was downright gross.

And may we never hear Cable’s oft-repeated description of himself, “beast mode cowboy,” uttered again.

Of course, there are the usual problems of overtly scripted diary room segments — when the contestants go into a soundproof room to share their thoughts with the CBS cameras — and Julie Chen’s robotic hosting.

And, of course, there’s the general cheese factor that permeates the whole shebang.

One thing’s for sure: I don’t know how much longer I can stick around if this snore-fest continues.

Oh, who am I kidding? As long as there are abs, I’m still going to watch.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I was ready to defend BB against this article, but the author has a strong point. I remember being fired up after certain HOH competitions in previous years. This year, there isn't tons of drama like before, but it's always interesting to watch.

By the way, the worst BB title goes to season 1. I watched that one and didn't come back until BB 7 six years later.

PBM

• Options

Worst BB , ever ?

how about.....

WORST.SHOW.EVER

I skimmed the review but it seemed a pretty succinct view of this POS.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

By the way, the worst BB title goes to season 1. I watched that one and didn't come back until BB 7 six years later.

PBM

should have quit while you were ahead ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

WORST.SHOW.EVER

Come on man...we fully understand that you don't like the show. No need to add the exclamation mark to your sentiment. There are plenty other less meaningful things to get in a tizzy over. ;)

Moving forward: Glad to see Jocasta go, Hayden...not so much. Things turn around quickly in the house. Nicole had the right idea...things just didn't come to fruition in time for her to get Frankie out...and it came back to haunt her.

PBM

• Options

imalive said:

WORST.SHOW.EVER

Come on man...we fully understand that you don't like the show. No need to add the exclamation mark to your sentiment. There are plenty other less meaningful things to get in a tizzy over. ;)

Moving forward: Glad to see Jocasta go, Hayden...not so much. Things turn around quickly in the house. Nicole had the right idea...things just didn't come to fruition in time for her to get Frankie out...and it came back to haunt her.

PBM
    it pains me to watch you waste your life ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    My wife and I noticed that Christine has a tattoo on her chest that begins with "I am.." We have not been able to see the whole tattoo and are curious if it says I am mine. Have any of you been able to read it?
  • Options

My wife and I noticed that Christine has a tattoo on her chest that begins with "I am.." We have not been able to see the whole tattoo and are curious if it says I am mine. Have any of you been able to read it?

I noticed that too. Been thinking she would wear something diff to reveal the rest. Just hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    Flip/flop... should be interesting to see who goes this time. were not that far away from the guys all turning on each other.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    i agree with imalive about this show but my wife watches it so i always get sucked in....but what does that gay kid's sister have to do with anything? i had never heard of her before this damn show. don't know why he thinks that will help him...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    His sister is a rising child actress and pop star. Has her own show on Nickelodeon.

I agree...SO WHAT! why does that make him anything special.

I think he just needed to dig himself out of his web of lies and decided telling his "secret" would detract everyone.
  • Options
    I'm sure some (I'm looking at you Victoria) will get star-struck by the news that Frankie is related to Ariana.

Derrick is playing a really good game...I'm pulling for him.

PBM

• Options

Derrick is playing a really good game...I'm pulling for him.

PBM

agreed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Derrick is playing one of the best games of all time and he's rivaling Dan in the manipulation department.

I can't stand Frankie and Zach is just flat out entertaining.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options

i agree with imalive about this show but my wife watches it so i always get sucked in....but what does that gay kid's sister have to do with anything? i had never heard of her before this damn show. don't know why he thinks that will help him...

you can't find a game....any game.....on another channel?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

you can't find a game....any game.....on another channel?
    are you married?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the funny thing is Victoria actually thinks she is 'the cats meow'.

how the fuck has she lasted this long ?

I cant figure out which jury member I would like to see return to the game,
    If they evict Donny this week, I hope it is him that comes back.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    All I can say is "Right On" Donny!
  • Options
    Yeah...good for Donny. It appears that throwing a challenge is more challenging that one would imagine. Two weeks in a row plans get scraped over a lost challenge.

PBM

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Derrick is the best player i've ever seen play this game. He's running the house and making all the calls. Yet no one has a clue or has even remotely put it together. If he doesn't wins it's a shame.
    Go Birds!!!!