Options

Big Brother 16 (*No Spoilers)

PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
It's my annual trip into the AET to discuss the new season of Big Brother.

My one complaint thus far this year is lack of diversity. It seems like they cast the same people every year. It almost feels like the latter versions of The Real World on MTV. The first couple of seasons they actually talked about reasonable topics...then it evolved into a hook-up show. That's what last night felt like.

Hope I'm wrong...I've always been a big fan of the BB concept and look forward to this season.

PBM
"We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Been a big fan of BB too. I tend to agree with you in that the lack of diversity in the cast hurts the season. I just hope they get away from the notion that they need to vote out who the HoH wants out. It's so dull to have nominations, then the HoH says who they want evicted, then the rest of the house honors that because they don't want to piss off the HoH. Seems like half the time there are enough people that want to go against the HoH, but they don't because they're either too afraid or are sheep and can easily be herded into whatever. I want more strategy, more deals, more backstabbing...
  • Options
    I wasn't too sure about their duel HOH...but it sounds kind of interesting. I definitely want to see it play out the first week.

That one guy...Zack?...what an annoying player already. If you hate everyone and everything...what's the point in playing this game.

Not found of the cast to this point....hopefully, things will rev up soon.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I agree with you guys, the cast seems pretty much the same. With of course the obligatory One black male and One black female. The only interesting character is Donny, but because he is different they will get him out quickly.

And I am completely bummed at the notion that everyone must go with the HOH on the votes! Ridiculous!! it's BB, that means they should all vote the way they want to, and see who's left standing. I miss the likes of Will and Boogy, they really could get things stirred up.

It's early in the season...Hopefully they will surprise us.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Usually the first week is about feeling everyone out...it seems like Devin is already screwing up his game.

I'm not quite sure why everyone scrambles to form alliances in that house during the first 10 minutes. Settle down and see where things fall.

PBM

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Don't forget about the "token" Gay dude(s).

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    lazloblue said:

I agree with you guys, the cast seems pretty much the same. With of course the obligatory One black male and One black female. The only interesting character is Donny, but because he is different they will get him out quickly.

And I am completely bummed at the notion that everyone must go with the HOH on the votes! Ridiculous!! it's BB, that means they should all vote the way they want to, and see who's left standing. I miss the likes of Will and Boogy, they really could get things stirred up.

It's early in the season...Hopefully they will surprise us.

I agree with you, I wish they would vote how they want more often. Seems to be a trend in recent seasons though.
  • Options
    Anyone remember the guy who used to vote alphabetically?
  • Options
    Man, that guy Devin might be the biggest douche of the past few seasons. His attitude and the way he's carrying himself makes me glad his baseball career fizzled out in the minors. I hope he gets canned soon.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Devin is the biggest dope around. Did you see the wheels in his head spinning when they thought Donnie was in the military? These idiots can't see that other people forming an alliance is actually beneficial to them. I love when they say Bomb squad to the end. The show will only be half over if all 8 of them actually last that long. Not enough diversity in the cast this year, ie age & race.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2014
    Re the diversity issue, I totally agree.... I am fortunate to get the relief of BB Canada in the winter though. That version is super diverse by comparison; the people are like the kind we actually meet in real life (and the rotten asshole factor is way lower, which i like). Still faithfully watch the US version though. One of my most guilty (shameful) pleasures. :P Compared to the last few.seasons, the people this season seem better in general. I think they were getting really negative feedback with how they were casting the show with all of these completely unrelatable players, and they responded, kind of. Still not great, but better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Devin winning HOH is guaranteeing a drama filled week.mmcould only hope that he loses the HOH challenge and these guys back door him. His use of "like" and "dude" are off the charts...
  • Options
    Devin is so erratic. And I think he has a "deal" with almost everyone in the house. I hope they find a way to get him out next week.

Any one watching the BBAfter dark? some of these people can drone on and on and never say anything.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Devin has to be one of the craziest people I've ever seen. I don't want to see Zach go but he deserves it for trying to reason with a psychopath.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Coming into the season, we didn't think we'd like Zach...but it turns out he's not that bad...glad to see that he didn't leave last night. The new HOH's for the week are interesting...can't wait to see who they put up on Sunday.

PBM

• Options
    I never thought Zach and Frankie would get along. They needed to show more of that veto meeting. I obviously don't know if this happened because of editing but they certainly didn't show it. How did no one from the bomb squad confront Devin and ask him why he put up someone from their alliance?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I like how Devin said it "never crossed his mind" to put Zach up as a replacement nominee. Come on...he was pissed at Zach and wanted to get rid of him. Devin is an erratic crazy person.

Hopefully, he will feel some of the heat this week. He needs to get out of his comfort zone.

PBM

• Options
    It wouldn't shock me to see Devin just leave the house and quit if he's is one of the final 2 left up for eviction.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, Devin's one of the most insane people to ever be on the show. He seems really messed up in the head. I hope he doesn't actually lose completely touch with reality in that house. He's got a daughter waiting for him. :-S

This has been the best season of American BB is a long time so far IMO. Although I think it's because so many people are playing so fucking badly, lol. Why has the honesty bug infected half the house?? They keep just blurt in out secrets and their real feelings to the wrong people, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

It wouldn't shock me to see Devin just leave the house and quit if he's is one of the final 2 left up for eviction.

That would totally be something he would do...just up and leave instead of waiting for the eviction. He has control issues.

PBM

• Options
    Gotta say, this season is at least shaping up to have some real game play. If it all works out and Devin is evicted: we will go to Reset of the game. everyone will have to choose new alliances.

Keeps the game interesting anyway.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whyd they have to show Amanda again ? :((

I'm rooting for Donny the Duck Dynasty doppleganger .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    This really has been a good season thus far.

One thing I don't understand: why does Victoria get a pass? She is way under the radar...she is a major floater...I forget she is even in the house.

PBM

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261

This really has been a good season thus far.

One thing I don't understand: why does Victoria get a pass? She is way under the radar...she is a major floater...I forget she is even in the house.

PBM

she's pretty hot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That notwithstanding.

PBM

• Options
    A healthy POV last night...glad to see Donnie put out Devin. Jocasta was a little over the top in her appreciation of being taken off the block.

Also...NEVER volunteer to put yourself on the block regardless of what the expected outcome is...I still don't understand why people do that. They were ready to vote out Caleb if Devin won POV last night.

PBM

• Options
    So does anyone else think that Cody just made a huge mistake by not putting up Caleb?

I think it's gonna come back and bite him in the butt.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    this show is sooooooooo fucking bad. you're rotting your brains.

carry on.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lazloblue said:

So does anyone else think that Cody just made a huge mistake by not putting up Caleb?

Yeah, I don't get it. I don't understand why they view Britney as more of a threat than Caleb. Caleb is gunning for Cody. Bad game move for him.

Just read that Frankie's grandfather passed away on Tuesday. The family asked that he not be told...but producers broke down and informed him yesterday. I guess Frankie's grandfather wanted him to continue playing...and he feared he would leave the game if he found out.

PBM

• Options
    imalive said:

this show is sooooooooo fucking bad. you're rotting your brains.

carry on.

There is a lot of bad TV out there (Honey Boo Boo)...but Big Brother is 3 compelling hours a week. :D

PBM

• Options
    lazloblue said:

Definitely a bad move. Britney is harmless...lol.

lazloblue said:

Yeah, I don't get it. I don't understand why they view Britney as more of a threat than Caleb. Caleb is gunning for Cody. Bad game move for him.

Just read that Frankie's grandfather passed away on Tuesday. The family asked that he not be told...but producers broke down and informed him yesterday. I guess Frankie's grandfather wanted him to continue playing...and he feared he would leave the game if he found out.

PBM
    The opposite is true. The family (Frankies Mother) sent him a letter to notify him and it said the Grandfather wanted him to stay in the house. The producers were not going to tell him without the families permission.