Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    RYME said:
    I just wounder, how many of these shooters/killers we're brought up in  nice households?  How many of these Mass shooters were shrugged off to daycare at a very young age because it was a single parent family and that single parent had to work?  How many of them we're genuinely loved and cherished by Mom and Dad both?  I think that young boys and girls need to have a dad in their life and a mom.  But the dad to teach discipline, right from wrong.  Teach their sons how to respect women, how to treat women, how to behave in public, what to do when you don't get your way, how to overcome adversity, how to preservier and exercise discipline when need be.
    Family Values would be a great deterrent to this mental illness problem we have.
    Maybe a good sound family structure would help to eliminate some (not all) but a lot of this so-called mental illness that causes these people to go crazy.
    A father figure who teaches his son right from wrong(I know I'm repeating myself but it's important).  A mom who has time to be a at home mom. (I'm not saying women can't have careers) but a mom needs to have time to raise her kids and not be forced to put them into daycare so she can work two jobs trying to make ends meet.
    The debate over gun legislation is valid.
    However, no gun law will prevent mental illness.
    But I think it would be helpful to zero in on what causes these people to snap in the first place.
    And this argument was brought to you by the 1950's....

Seriously? Your idea of a good family is the hardworking father laying down the law and the mum staying at home baking and warming his slippers? I grew up in a single parent family, Jesus I guess by your reckoning it's a wonder I'm not a homicidal basketcase.

Honestly, my jaw actually dropped reading your post
    I had brought up about "why" these mass shootings happen too and got very little response from anyone on here.

It seems for the most part people just want gun regulations and that be the end of it and not try and find out why people are doing this.
    I think its a good question. I wouldn't say household status is the main factor in most shootings, but its definitely worth considering. The fact that children who grow up with a single parents are far more likely to be victims of sexual and physical abuse, that right there is enough for me to question the lasting effects that could potentially be contributing factors. Children who are abused are more likely to be abusers as adults. That data has been around for decades. It doesn't seem like a stretch to me, and at least worth considering instead of brushing off as some 1950s fantasy.
    Do I think that most shootings would have been prevented if it were not a split house (assuming that is the case)? Probably not, but would completely agree it is possibly a factor in some shootings.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    RYME said:
    I just wounder, how many of these shooters/killers we're brought up in  nice households?  How many of these Mass shooters were shrugged off to daycare at a very young age because it was a single parent family and that single parent had to work?  How many of them we're genuinely loved and cherished by Mom and Dad both?  I think that young boys and girls need to have a dad in their life and a mom.  But the dad to teach discipline, right from wrong.  Teach their sons how to respect women, how to treat women, how to behave in public, what to do when you don't get your way, how to overcome adversity, how to preservier and exercise discipline when need be.
    Family Values would be a great deterrent to this mental illness problem we have.
    Maybe a good sound family structure would help to eliminate some (not all) but a lot of this so-called mental illness that causes these people to go crazy.
    A father figure who teaches his son right from wrong(I know I'm repeating myself but it's important).  A mom who has time to be a at home mom. (I'm not saying women can't have careers) but a mom needs to have time to raise her kids and not be forced to put them into daycare so she can work two jobs trying to make ends meet.
    But I think it would be helpful to zero in on what causes these people to snap in the first place.

Seriously? Your idea of a good family is the hardworking father laying down the law and the mum staying at home baking and warming his slippers? I grew up in a single parent family, Jesus I guess by your reckoning it's a wonder I'm not a homicidal basketcase.

I had brought up about "why" these mass shootings happen too and got very little response from anyone on here.

It seems for the most part people just want gun regulations and that be the end of it and not try and find out why people are doing this.

That's far from the truth.

People would like to probe the idea of why people are becoming disenfranchised from society to the point they want to kill everybody... but in the meantime... until the answers are definitively laid out... sensible people would like to try and disable them from producing carnage with tried, tested, and true measures that have succeeded in other countries.

The sensible people are met with resistance from people who really like their guns. They cite all kinds of toothless reasons to oppose the change effort, but these arguments are merely a façade- nobody could be so stupid as to think there is a reasonable argument opposing the common sense measures desperately needed in the US. The resistance is motivated by an intense admiration and obsession for really cool looking weapons. In short... selfishness.
    and we talk in circles again.

If you start on page one of this thread I'm sure most of the things said have all been recycled.  I think I'm the only one besides RYME recently to ask as to why, to really come to a reason for people going sideways.

You can have regulation but there needs to be a deeper reason as to why, a motive for people to easily go out and kill people.

Such has been the human condition for as long as there have been humans. The "why" of it is not a problem that is going to be solved in the next year or decade or, likely, century. You can theorize all you like, but in the meantime there are concrete measures that could be taken to significantly reduce the gun carnage. Many other countries have taken them and they work. That millions of people in the US would rather not take them and would simultaneously blame others for "not talking about the problem" is ridiculous. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    RYME said:

I think its a good question. I wouldn't say household status is the main factor in most shootings, but its definitely worth considering. The fact that children who grow up with a single parents are far more likely to be victims of sexual and physical abuse, that right there is enough for me to question the lasting effects that could potentially be contributing factors. Children who are abused are more likely to be abusers as adults. That data has been around for decades. It doesn't seem like a stretch to me, and at least worth considering instead of brushing off as some 1950s fantasy.
    Do I think that most shootings would have been prevented if it were not a split house (assuming that is the case)? Probably not, but would completely agree it is possibly a factor in some shootings.
    I would have taken RYME's post a little more seriously if they had not used antiquated gender generalizations about mom staying home and dad working and teaching discipline, like those lines are still drawn. 

not to mention it required a dad and a mom, specifically, not two PARENTS. 

to me, it's obvious the bias that is at play here. and it has nothing to do with guns. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2017
    RYME said:

That's far from the truth.

People would like to probe the idea of why people are becoming disenfranchised from society to the point they want to kill everybody... but in the meantime... until the answers are definitively laid out... sensible people would like to try and disable them from producing carnage with tried, tested, and true measures that have succeeded in other countries.

The sensible people are met with resistance from people who really like their guns. They cite all kinds of toothless reasons to oppose the change effort, but these arguments are merely a façade- nobody could be so stupid as to think there is a reasonable argument opposing the common sense measures desperately needed in the US. The resistance is motivated by an intense admiration and obsession for really cool looking weapons. In short... selfishness.
    and we talk in circles again.

If you start on page one of this thread I'm sure most of the things said have all been recycled.  I think I'm the only one besides RYME recently to ask as to why, to really come to a reason for people going sideways.

You can have regulation but there needs to be a deeper reason as to why, a motive for people to easily go out and kill people.

Well I can't speak for you, but it seemed as if Ryme was deflecting focus away from the obvious.

Having women barefoot in the kitchen is not the answer to mental instability. The problem you seek answers to is very profound. It's multifaceted and one could never narrow down the root of the problem to one or two aspects of society because these mutants are the offspring of the perfect storm: upbringing (encompassing all the elements associated with a healthy and supportive home life), social acceptance (especially through the formative years, but also as a mature person), being valued (personally and 'professionally'), drug and/or alcohol abuse, influences, physical and mental well being, and a number of other factors play in the development of a mass murderer.

It would be extremely challenging to try and control many of these items to prevent them from factoring in the development of a mutant. We can control what the mutant can access to wreak carnage.

The gun side speaks of sensibility (learn CPR... be aware of your surroundings... etc.). Yet it does so as it ignores the most sensible item of all. Take the f**king guns off WalMart's shelves. Limit magazine capacity. And restrict the sale of ammunition to such weapons (among a number of other useful items such as buy back programs, etc.).

Does that result in an immediate fix? Duh. No. But you're not trying to fix the problem for yourselves. You're trying to fix the problem for the next generation so you don't become like the generation before you which failed you.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2017
    The numbnut in CA, by law, would have most likely not carried out the murdering spree had law enforcement been doing their jobs.  If certain current laws meant to prevent people like this from owning firearms are not even enforced, how are more laws going to help matters?  For laws to work, enforcement is necessary...same situation with the shitbubble in TX.  “Oh, but other countries bla bla bla”...The USA will not enforce similar legislation to Australia or Canada, it’s just not going to happen.  Maybe those types of regulations would make a difference, but they are politically and legally untenable...that is why people are trying to think outside of the box.  Buyback programs have been completely unproductive in places within the US that have implemented them.  What else other than saying “but but other countries” can be done that IS legally and politically tenable?  
    On the bright side (if there is one in the CA spree), at least the elementary school seemed to do a pretty good job responding to this threat.  The shitball was prevented from carrying out a massacre by diligence in the school staff.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/11/15/rancho-tehama-shooting-2/
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    "Politically untenable" is a cop out that allows the citizens to collectively give up responsibility for who they elect. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    The numbnut in CA, by law, would have most likely not carried out the murdering spree had law enforcement been doing their jobs.  If certain current laws meant to prevent people like this from owning firearms are not even enforced, how are more laws going to help matters?  For laws to work, enforcement is necessary...same situation with the shitbubble in TX.  “Oh, but other countries bla bla bla”...The USA will not enforce similar legislation to Australia or Canada, it’s just not going to happen.  Maybe those types of regulations would make a difference, but they are politically and legally untenable...that is why people are trying to think outside of the box.  What else other than saying “but but other countries” can be done that IS legally and politically tenable?  
    On the bright side (if there is one in the CA spree), at least the elementary school seemed to do a pretty good job responding to this threat.  The shitball was prevented from carrying out a massacre by diligence in the school staff.
    yes, he broke the law and slipped through the cracks. not all would. that is no excuse not to attempt it. 

australia's laws wouldn't apply to the US, but Canada's could. but again, gun laws aren't the sole issue here. apparently it's also largely due to a man and a woman getting married and the wife keeping her man happy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2017
    "Politically untenable" is a cop out that allows the citizens to collectively give up responsibility for who they elect. 
    Um...no.  It is exactly the responsibility of the citizens and people they elect to help things.  Problem is that people do not agree with each other and the USA has a pretty unique foundation of laws compared to other countries...which guides policy and makes certain changes “politically untenable”.  A cop out is keeping saying “oh, but other countries do bla bla bla so the US should too”...also called a “pipe dream”.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    The numbnut in CA, by law, would have most likely not carried out the murdering spree had law enforcement been doing their jobs.  If certain current laws meant to prevent people like this from owning firearms are not even enforced, how are more laws going to help matters?  For laws to work, enforcement is necessary...same situation with the shitbubble in TX.  “Oh, but other countries bla bla bla”...The USA will not enforce similar legislation to Australia or Canada, it’s just not going to happen.  Maybe those types of regulations would make a difference, but they are politically and legally untenable...that is why people are trying to think outside of the box.  What else other than saying “but but other countries” can be done that IS legally and politically tenable?  
    yes, he broke the law and slipped through the cracks. not all would. that is no excuse not to attempt it. 

australia's laws wouldn't apply to the US, but Canada's could. but again, gun laws aren't the sole issue here. apparently it's also largely due to a man and a woman getting married and the wife keeping her man happy. 
    You going to keep harping on that?  I'm over it because that won't help the argument.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

You going to keep harping on that?  I'm over it because that won't help the argument.

It was a comment that warrants at least a bit of harping.

If something is carelessly tosses out there in the hopes of promoting a viewpoint... people shouldn't be surprised when such utterings are challenged to the degree other people feel necessary.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

If something is carelessly tosses out there in the hopes of promoting a viewpoint... people shouldn't be surprised when such utterings are challenged to the degree other people feel necessary.
    I see it as an unnecessary tangent and deters from the real issue but it's an easy battle to pursue.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I see it as an unnecessary tangent and deters from the real issue but it's an easy battle to pursue.
    my length of harping is directly related to the ridiculousness of the position as I see it.

so it could be a while. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

I see you never commented on the piece I offered you regarding your suggestion that it is easier- or more appropriate- to dissect the mindset that leads to mass murder versus removing the tools of the trade.

Instead... you spend your energies basically saying, "C'mon gang. Yah. That comment never worked, but we're at least trying. So let that go. And the rest too. Until we finally get one that kinda works better okay?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    RYME said:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    PJPOWER said:

I see you never commented on the piece I offered you regarding your suggestion that it is easier- or more appropriate- to dissect the mindset that leads to mass murder versus removing the tools of the trade.

Instead... you spend your energies basically saying, "C'mon gang. Yah. That comment never worked, but we're at least trying. So let that go. And the rest too. Until we finally get one that kinda works better okay?"
    I think the comment was a good question that could have been taken seriously.
    But as HFD pointed out, it was phrased in such a way that didn't stick right to most.
    But single-parent households are something I never thought of in this context before. And the facts are the average single parents have less income, less parental supervision and higher risk of abuse. All of which increase the risk of criminal activity or mental health status.
    I don't think a traditional family will solve the gun problem. But I would be interested if there is a study or research on what sort of impact it does have? Would mass shootings decrease by 5% or by 50%?
    Now am I interested enough to actually do the research myself? The answer is definitely "no." 
    But I thought it was a good point.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:
    Um...no.  It is exactly the responsibility of the citizens and people they elect to help things.  Problem is that people do not agree with each other and the USA has a pretty unique foundation of laws compared to other countries...which guides policy and makes certain changes “politically untenable”.  A cop out is keeping saying “oh, but other countries do bla bla bla so the US should too”...also called a “pipe dream”.

democracy is hardly a unique foundation of laws
    us democracy is like the model T
    ford motor co may not have invented the car, but they figured out how to mass produce it
    now other countries do it better than we do

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

ford motor co may not have invented the car, but they figured out how to mass produce it

No argument with your post, but often's was naive. "Politically untenable" is not a cop out. It is the political reality. This thread demonstrates that. Trump's presidency demonstrates that. This country has shown no appetite for addressing this issue, even in the face of massive loss of life, and that is the reality. I'd like to hear a politically tenable solution be proposed. Not a pipe dream, not hopeful or ideal solutions, but politically tenable ones. I haven't seen evidence that we're close yet.  That is our sad reality. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

No argument with your post, but often's was naive. "Politically untenable" is not a cop out. It is the political reality. This thread demonstrates that. Trump's presidency demonstrates that. This country has shown no appetite for addressing this issue, even in the face of massive loss of life, and that is the reality. I'd like to hear a politically tenable solution be proposed. Not a pipe dream, not hopeful or ideal solutions, but politically tenable ones. I haven't seen evidence that we're close yet.  That is our sad reality. 
    it IS a cop out. polls show the vast majority of americans support meaningful change on this front. it's the politicians that are digging their heels in because of the gun lobby. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    ...not sure if i posted this the other day or not, still relevant here....

Why Americans don't give a damn about mass shootings
    "Everyone knows someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. That's why we give a damn about solving the problem of cancer.

Virtually everyone knows someone who has died of an opioid overdose. That's why we care enough to declare it a public health crisis.

We are dangerously close to a moment in time when every one of us will know someone who has been shot in a mass shooting. And unfortunately, based on the research, that's what it's going to take for us to care. It has to become personal."
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

it IS a cop out. polls show the vast majority of americans support meaningful change on this front. it's the politicians that are digging their heels in because of the gun lobby. 
    Polls do not make it any more or less politically tenable.  You contradicted yourself in mentioning one more factors that makes some of the legislation suggested untenable.  Essentially, if some of these changes were politically or legally tenable, they would have already taken place.  Also to mention, I agree, most Americans probably do feel that meaningful change should take place, but the agreement on what kind of legislation should take place is lacking.  The democrats lean towards strict and republicans lean towards leniency.  If only the middle ground legislation were introduced into bills, there may be something tenable that comes out of it, but that’s not what happens.  The left wants broad strokes and therefore the right doesn’t budge...and vise versus with a thin strokes and the left saying “it’s not enough”.  Until the left and right agree, *most legislation is most definitely untenable...and I haven’t even touched on legality.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Right, but who is voting for those politicians? If those voters felt that this issue was a priority, wouldn't they vote for representatives who haven't sold their souls to the NRA? So the polls show that Americans casually support meaningful reform, and their votes expose the extent to which they're invested in meaningful reform (hint: not so much). Again, the reality is that meaningful reform is politically untenable. I wish it weren't so.  
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Right, but who is voting for those politicians? If those voters felt that this issue was a priority, wouldn't they vote for representatives who haven't sold their souls to the NRA? So the polls show that Americans casually support meaningful reform, and their votes expose the extent to which they're invested in meaningful reform (hint: not so much). Again, the reality is that meaningful reform is politically untenable. I wish it weren't so.  
    the political climate in the US is so disgustingly broken that people are willing to elect a creepy old sexual abuser for the senate just because he's got an R beside his name. 

I think people expect the people they elect to work together towards meaningful change, which isn't working. If anything, the divide between parties is the worst its ever been.You can't run on "gun reform" as you won't get any funding and you will lose. it has to be dealt with when already in office. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Polls do not make it any more or less politically tenable.  You contradicted yourself in mentioning one more factors that makes some of the legislation suggested untenable.  Essentially, if some of these changes were politically or legally tenable, they would have already taken place.  Also to mention, I agree, most Americans probably do feel that meaningful change should take place, but the agreement on what kind of legislation should take place is lacking.  The democrats lean towards strict and republicans lean towards leniency.  If only the middle ground legislation were introduced into bills, there may be something tenable that comes out of it, but that’s not what happens.  The left wants broad strokes and therefore the right doesn’t budge...and vise versus with a thin strokes and the left saying “it’s not enough”.  Until the left and right agree, *most legislation is most definitely untenable...and I haven’t even touched on legality.
    how did I contradict myself?

all the left wants is for automatic weapons (and any tool that can be used to modify a gun to be such) to be taken out of the hands of citizens. that's it. how is that "strict"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

all the left wants is for automatic weapons (and any tool that can be used to modify a gun to be such) to be taken out of the hands of citizens. that's it. how is that "strict"?
    I keep seeing people throwing that out, but the bills being introducing all go well beyond that.  Feinstein’s is a perfect example. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    edited November 2017
    PJPOWER said:

Sorry, I don't recall it.  I left this thread for a bit.  Re send it and I'll take a look.

And I have no idea what this means as you seem to want to put words in my mouth that I would never say and make me sound like an ignorant hick...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I keep seeing people throwing that out, but the bills being introducing all go well beyond that.  Feinstein’s is a perfect example. 
    all I know about her bill was the banning of bump stocks. what "went well beyond that"?

edit:, k, I found point by point what it said. not sure what's "beyond" about this. basically anything already purchased is grandfathered in. 

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-summary
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

all I know about her bill was the banning of bump stocks. what "went well beyond that"?

edit:, k, I found point by point what it said. not sure what's "beyond" about this. basically anything already purchased is grandfathered in. 

That's why nothing changes. Gun owners think that is far and beyond when it comes to restrictions.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Sorry, I don't recall it.  I left this thread for a bit.  Re send it and I'll take a look.

And I have no idea what this means as you seem to want to put words in my mouth that I would never say and make me sound like an ignorant hick...
    It means you keep insisting to let the comment a vocal gun proponent thrust forward in defence of gun ownership... instead of allowing that comment to face its due response.

The gun advocacy side is reaching at best. These 'reaches' need to face their due criticism lest some fool actually start to believe that nonsense. And if you think that's a stretch... your country voted for a confirmed lying, sex offender that ran on 'Let's Make America great Again' because many thought he'd make America great again.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJPOWER said:

It means you keep insisting to let the comment a vocal gun proponent thrust forward in defence of gun ownership... instead of allowing that comment to face its due response.

The gun advocacy side is reaching at best. These 'reaches' need to face their due criticism lest some fool actually start to believe that nonsense. And if you think that's a stretch... your country voted for a confirmed lying, sex offender that ran on 'Let's Make America great Again' because many thought he'd make America great again.
    That just shows what an absolute awful candidate Hillary was.  And I voted for her!! Just plain terrible. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

That bill bans wayyyyyyy more than bumpstocks.  Also anything you own isn't really grandfathered in.  It states that if you do own it you can't sell it, give it away, heirloom it.  You die, your gun gets destroyed.

The bill also wants any and all guns that remotely represent an assault rifle banned.  
This discussion has been closed.