Options

Greasemonkey Legacy script malfunction?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
Wondering if anyone else is having these minor problems: I'm seeing the "New Discussion" box double (no, hahaha, I don't have double vision and I'm not toasted). Also, the icons for "notifications", "inbox", "Bookmarks" and "Account Options" have disappeared although I can bring these up by hovering my cursor over the area and clicking my mouse.

Suggestions? Thanks.

My suggestion, as has been for several weeks now, is that 10C consider improving the forum format so we can, at last, dump these scripts all together. PLEASE!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Have you diabled it, brianlux? They changed the boards. It's not perfect, but much better than before, and there is a dark option too.
  • Options

Have you diabled it, brianlux? They changed the boards. It's not perfect, but much better than before, and there is a dark option too.

No, haven't done that? Is that like diabling in the creative arts? :)) Sorry- no, seriously, I have no idea what that is or how to do it. Dang- I've really gotten used to the legacy script. Does this mean I actually have to work my brain YET AGAIN?? :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Haha, I hear you! The new one looks better, but in my opiion it is not as good as the legacy script. But it is an improvement. I guess this is what we will have to deal with now. I could get used to it, I think...
  • Options

Haha, I hear you! The new one looks better, but in my opiion it is not as good as the legacy script. But it is an improvement. I guess this is what we will have to deal with now. I could get used to it, I think...

Ah- I think you were asking if I had disable it (the script). Yes, I tried that and didn't see any significant difference in the non-scripted format- same difficult to view mess. Dang it!!

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    after you disabled the whatever the fuck it is, did you reboot your system? this place has been running like a well oiled champion.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

after you disabled the whatever the fuck it is, did you reboot your system? this place has been running like a well oiled champion.

Yep- I just have a hard time with the light blue and overall brightness. The Legacy script was very comfortable on my old eyes. I love this place but at this point in my life I don't need the eye strain so unless something changes I may take a long break or simply fade out of here.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    How's it going now Brian? No white with the lights down, so that prob's gone.... Still having issues?

:)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

How's it going now Brian? No white with the lights down, so that prob's gone.... Still having issues?

Just not a fan of the new format. I'm waiting to see if the Legacy script gets fixed again. So I'm taking a little forum "vacation". :-)

• Options
    brianlux said:

Wondering if anyone else is having these minor problems: I'm seeing the "New Discussion" box double (no, hahaha, I don't have double vision and I'm not toasted). Also, the icons for "notifications", "inbox", "Bookmarks" and "Account Options" have disappeared although I can bring these up by hovering my cursor over the area and clicking my mouse.

Suggestions? Thanks.

My suggestion, as has been for several weeks now, is that 10C consider improving the forum format so we can, at last, dump these scripts all together. PLEASE!

Hi Brian

When I log in and still see the old script I hit F5 and it restores it to the updated version. (It cleared my double boxes that I was seeing.)

Try it
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just not a fan of the new format. I'm waiting to see if the Legacy script gets fixed again. So I'm taking a little forum "vacation". :-)

Have you tried one of the other scripts? They are also good and seem to work with the new forum changes. I'm using the script called "10C fix for users with eyes" and everything is a-okay, plus the lights down still works, if you like it darker. The grey works best for me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I'm using the script called "10C fix for users with eyes" and everything is a-okay,

WTF is a 10C fix for users with eyes script?

• Options
    edited May 2014

I'm using the script called "10C fix for users with eyes" and everything is a-okay,

WTF is a 10C fix for users with eyes script?

It's one of Mike D88's scripts. I think there is a link to it in the OP in that malarky thread.... the lighter coloured one (vs the black one and the legacy one).
    (wtf happened to the quotes here?? ha)
  • Options

brianlux said:

Suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Brian

When I log in and still see the old script I hit F5 and it restores it to the updated version. (It cleared my double boxes that I was seeing.)

Try it
    Thanks, PJfanwillneverleave1. Unfortunately hitting F5 has not cleared away my double vision. The "new and improved" format isn't working well for me so if and when the Legacy Script gets fixed I'll be back but in the meantime I'm on vacation from the PJ forum.

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Wondering if anyone else is !

Hi Brian

Try it
    Thanks, PJfanwillneverleave1. I'll be back but in the meantime I'm on vacation from the PJ forum.

Man my username is annoying to read. - wish I could change it

Have a good one.
  • Options
    For whatever reason (I'm guessing more excellent work from Mike D88) the Greasemonkey Legacy seems to be working fine again! If any of you are like me and don't care for the new forum look, give it a try. I'm digging it myself. :-)

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2014
    frig facebook & frig greasemonkey legacy

like someone else says

i'd rather eat a dab of mud

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

frig facebook & frig greasemonkey legacy

like someone else says

i'd rather eat a dab of mud

Mmmm, mmm! Mud pie, lawn clipping and a little gutter water. Mighty fine lunch! :-)

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    brianlux said:

For whatever reason (I'm guessing more excellent work from Mike D88) the Greasemonkey Legacy seems to be working fine again! If any of you are like me and don't care for the new forum look, give it a try. I'm digging it myself. :-)

Whatever change was made to the forum seems to come and go, which is why the script still looks fine sometimes.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

brianlux said:

Whatever change was made to the forum seems to come and go, which is why the script still looks fine sometimes.
    I guess I'll just enjoy it while it's working well. Thanks again for putting it out there, Mike D88. :-)