Options

IMMORTALITY

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Melbourne 98, hands down the best version of one of their greatest songs ever. No one can touch this!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    This song just puts me in an absolute trance. Early on in discovering PJ it stood out as a favorite, and has remained towards the top of my list since. Everything about this song is stunning. Finally hearing it live at Brooklyn 2, then again in Hartford '13, were highlights of both nights.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    I like to play a slow cover of Corduroy (bridge school 96) that leads right into immortality...it works!
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    samjam said:

This song just puts me in an absolute trance. Early on in discovering PJ it stood out as a favorite, and has remained towards the top of my list since. Everything about this song is stunning. Finally hearing it live at Brooklyn 2, then again in Hartford '13, were highlights of both nights.

The Hartford 2013 version is incredible. I revisit it often.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    maverick said:

samjam said:

Oh yes. A good one for sure.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    edited June 2015

maverick said:

samjam said:

Oh yes. A good one for sure.

Hartford '08 is a monster too.

https://youtu.be/60frTiRNW44
    Post edited by BinFrog on
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    hartford 08 was great! melbourne 98 is still my all time favorite.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    YLed2 said:

It is so biographically accurate to Kurt's story that for me it must be about him. It is a top 5 song for me and one of absolute genius. I mean musically it is a very simple song to play, the melody doesn't stretch Ed's vocals and allows him to focus on the narrative with great sombre emotion and Mike's solo is just brilliant. Lyrically is what makes it such a standout though and I believe Ed has been quoted as saying there are no references to Kurt on Vitalogy which to me is not believable in the slightest. I think it contains many. He said that he wouldn't want it to seem like exploitation. I understand that statement but at the same time I don't believe anyone would accuse Ed of this in light of Kurt's death. I almost feel the song places you into his shoes and writes an explanation for his suicide that is in black and white and less meandering and self pitiful than what he actually penned himself. Ed was pretty fragile around that time and had his own issues and I always thought that the song maybe came easily for him lyrically because he had a close understanding of Kurt's fragility under the spotlight of media. Obviously nobody could do anything other than speculate what illness and addiction was doing to him. I'd love Ed to admit someday that he did actually write the lyrics about him and maybe appreciate what a piece of genius it is that he tackled a heavy subject in such a dignified manner.

That is absolutely brilliant analysis right there.

Great song indeed. I feel Vitalogy would have greatly benefited with them axing Sexy Mop and just ending the album wth Immortality and then followed by Aye Davanita to close it out.

</blockquote

KC was murdered.....