Options

Toronto setlist for tonight is unreal!!!

Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
***CATCHING GRIEF FOR MY "UNREAL" ADJECTIVE, WE'LL TRY DAMN GOOD FOR A OPENER***

It's going to be a sick tour.

Severed Hand,
WWS,
Life Wasted,
Marker in the Sand,
Given to Fly,
Betterman,
Even Flow,
Unemployable,
Garden,
Sad,
Corduroy,
Present Tense,
Daughter,
Grievance,
Not For You,
INSIDE JOB,
Why Go,
ENCORE,
Do The Evolution
Jeremy,
COME BACK,
Alive,
Encore Break #2,
Porch
RITFW

congrats to those that went. I want to hear some stories!!!

was yellow ledbetter played at the end??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    .......& show us your posters !

:D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    holy fucking shit. this tour is gonna be fucking kick ass. fuck yeah
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    that's a pretty badass setlist

Edit: No Riot Act songs?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    Inside Job and Come Back on night one.....And Garden.....GIMME BOOTLEG NOW!!!

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Yellow Ledbetter was played. You should edit the first post to include it :)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3192741&postcount=292
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    wow, what a list.....im glad i bought up all the tix i could...looks like this ones gonna be special
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Satansbedbugs in the house!!!!!!!!!!! Are you still going to E. Rutherford? I'll be in Hoboken for those shows if you want to meet up!!!!!!!

Oh, 9 in a row for the Phils!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    Yellow Ledbetter was played. You should edit the first post to include it :)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3192741&postcount=292

thanks, too excited. I can't wait for 6/3...
  • Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    What's so unreal about it? I'm not trying to be negative, but seriously - other than Garden, what is so amazing about it? We knew there were going to be a bunch of songs from the new album, so that can't be it.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • Options
    AmentsArmyAmentsArmy Posts: 78
    Come Back and Inside Job; I'm jealous. Wonder if they'll be any repeats tomorrow.
    Rapid City - June 23rd, 1998

"I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm..."
  • Options
    bird jam wrote:
    What's so unreal about it? I'm not trying to be negative, but seriously - other than Garden, what is so amazing about it? We knew there were going to be a bunch of songs from the new album, so that can't be it.

Nobody knew which of the new ones would be played. Inside Job and Come Back are a bit of a surprise. Why Go is an excellent tune to hear live and so is Sad.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    is there anyword if ylb was played
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Wish they would have thrown Army Reserve in there.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    bird jam wrote:

Severed Hand opens? I've been saying it for weeks that that would be badass...

Inside Job? Come on man...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    bird jam wrote:

I hear ya, but if I hear Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job and Why Go in a row, I'm going to lose my sh*t
  • Options
    PresIntensePresIntense Posts: 33
    Marker in the Sand, then Given to Fly, then Betterman; I think I would have soiled myself!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    setlist is AWESOME!

but no parachutes, I am worried!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    bird jam wrote:
    they didnt play one song off riot act.......

which instantly makes this the best concert they have performed since 2000......

hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    bird jam wrote:

Severed Hand opens, Life Wasted, Marker, Given to Fly!

Then Garden, Sad, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go!!! Holy Shitballs Batman!

Then Comeback and Porch .... equals an unbelievable set IMO.

What would be an unreal set for you? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, just curious because everyone's ideal set obviously differs.
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Wow, what an awsome set list. Green Disease would have made it stellar, though.
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    Severed Hand opens, Life Wasted, Marker, Given to Fly!

Then Garden, Sad, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go!!! Holy Shitballs Batman!

Then Comeback and Porch .... equals an unbelievable set IMO.

What would be an unreal set for you? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, just curious because everyone's ideal set obviously differs.

I would consider a setlist "unreal" if it had a lot of rareties. This setlist is obviously full of great songs because it is Pearl Jam, but other than Garden - which they played just a few days ago at Irving Plaza so it shouldn't really shock anyone - none of these songs are really that rare.

I understand the new tour excitement and I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I guess I just don't throw the term "unreal" around as much as you guys. This setlist had a couple of nice surprises and I'm sure everyone who went to the show had a blast. All the same, it doesn't really strike me as that out of the ordinary for a PJ setlist.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    bird jam wrote:
    I would consider a setlist "unreal" if it had a lot of rareties. This setlist is obviously full of great songs because it is Pearl Jam, but other than Garden - which they played just a few days ago at Irving Plaza so it shouldn't really shock anyone - none of these songs are really that rare.

I understand the new tour excitement and I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I guess I just don't throw the term "unreal" around as much as you guys. This setlist had a couple of nice surprises and I'm sure everyone who went to the show had a blast. All the same, it doesn't really strike me as that out of the ordinary for a PJ setlist.

you just aren't gonna get rarities right out of the box. although, had there been no warm-up shows, you never would have seen Why Go and Garden coming. they would have been rarities.

Also, I'd say Come Back and Inside Job fit that category, because they weren't played in any of the warm-up gigs.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    Wow!! I need this boot right now. Holy crap; Garden followed by Sad; I probably would've passed out if I was at the show.
  • Options
    bird jam wrote:

You make a good point. I'd consider the Gorge or Philly '05 to be "unreal" sets. But this was a dayum good one.

Even though it's expected to hear the new stuff, those songs are like rarities to me because they've only been played a few times or some haven't been played at all yet.

The new album is so good in my opinion that I'd love to hear EVERY song off of it, and that would be like 12 or 13 rare songs since I've never heard any of them live!
  • Options
    you just aren't gonna get rarities right out of the box. although, had there been no warm-up shows, you never would have seen Why Go and Garden coming. they would have been rarities.

Also, I'd say Come Back and Inside Job fit that category, because they weren't played in any of the warm-up gigs.

I'm not taking issue with the songs that were played, I just don't think it's "unreal" - if you want to qualify it with "unreal for an opening show" or something, go ahead. I don't even agree with that so much. And sure, nobody would have seen those songs coming had there been no warm-up shows, just like a frog would fly if he had wings.

And sorry, but two songs off the new album can't be considered rareties at the third full show after the album's release - that's just being ridiculous.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    i love the no love for RA!!

SAVE YOU needs to be retired

also i love the new songs but 4 in a row to open will get old after a while.. i like them spread out.. but i know it is early

also get ready to have a lot of songs go missing this tour

RM,TC,Sometimes,Thin Air, Of the girl, STBC, I Got ID, and the list will go on unfortunately with the heavy dose of new stuff
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    I think there will be a lot less covers this time around. Their catalogue is just too big. To me it's always the song order that makes it special. One into the other into the other.
    The tour only gets better as it goes along so things are looking up.
  • Options
    bopjam1bopjam1 Posts: 2
    I agree with bird jam. They sure don't throw in much rarities. How many times do you need Daughter, Betterman and YL??? In 2000, the Dave Matthews Band did a nice thing by introducing 1 song each night of the tour. It really spiced it up and kept you guessing. I've bought every official bootleg since inception and there are some tours that they play the same tune almost every show. ex. Even flow. It will be a great tour and I do love the new album. See you all in SF.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    holy batsmoke!
    is the boot avaliable yet?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    You make a good point. I'd consider the Gorge or Philly '05 to be "unreal" sets. But this was a dayum good one.

Even though it's expected to hear the new stuff, those songs are like rarities to me because they've only been played a few times or some haven't been played at all yet.

The new album is so good in my opinion that I'd love to hear EVERY song off of it, and that would be like 12 or 13 rare songs since I've never heard any of them live!

I want to hear every song off it too - I just don't consider it that big a deal for them to be playing a lot of the new material at a show - they always do that when they tour to support an album's release. They played every song from Vs. at Slim's Cafe, and they played most of No Code at the Showbox, etc..