Options

Toronto setlist for tonight is unreal!!!

Comments

• Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Very excited for the fortunate ones who's ears are still ringing---but excuse me---where is the setlist?
    My apologies--the excitement limits my patience--pleasse direct me to the Toronto 1 setlist--and thanks always PJ fans--see you in Chicago--
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    JacobJacob Posts: 20
    I actually just got back an hour ago from the show tonite. It was one hell of a show, that's all I can say right now. After thundering through 2 hours of Pearl Jam, it just leaves you speechless. Going home was hilarious, people screaming out "GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!" left, right, and center. (feeling proud to be wearing my Avacado t-shirt).
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I tried to explain
    somehow...
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    looking for some story contributions.... check out my site... while you're there download the AOL Sessions DVD and the Irving PLaza FLAC Boot!!! :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    That's totally kickass!!! 7 tracks from the new album and 6 from Ten! I love that they are reviving Why Go and Garden! It's only a matter of time until they drop the LEASH!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Just got back and to be honest I was a little dissapointed in the setlist.

Too much 10 and not enough Yield and No Code. Almost no Binaural and No Riot Act at all.

We all know 10. We all have heard the songs a thousand times. Garden was nice and so was Porch, but for the love of sweet god, no more Jeremy, Even Flow and Alive...

I was desperately hoping they would kick us in the ass and give us Leash or Satan's Bed. ah well. Maybe in Cleveland.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    JacobJacob Posts: 20
    Yea, I was really happy they brought out the fan highlights tonight. Why Go and Garden were good to hear, and (Binaural being my favorite cd from them), I was happy they played Grievance. Last time in Toronto they played nothing from Binaural.
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I tried to explain
    somehow...
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    I think we need to get a few shows into this tour before we call this show 'unreal' or get too hyped up about some of these songs. Its great to see garden back in the setlist, I hope it makes a nice return. but I think that
    this will be a fairly standard setlist for this tour.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    Okay---I am getting the idea---where is the setlist???
    Dear Deeve, I must say--in lieu of seeing the setlist, would you have stayed home if you knew there was no No Code, Yield or Binaural?
    PJ could play the New Pearl Jam Record and Encore with the freaking Star Spangled Banner in French if I could just go to the first show of the '06 WORLD TOUR--what is the list? Thanks always
  • Options
    drewman74drewman74 Posts: 8
    i thought tonight was kick ass, but i only feel like it was half a show! i think tonight was more mainstream, but tomorrow will be more fan oriented. tomorrow should be more obscure stuff, and more from albums like yield, riot act and binaural. grievance kicked some serious ass, so did garden. if tomorrow isn't completely different than tonight, i'll be surprised. think about it . . . as far as the new record was concerned, no gone, army reserve, comatose. betcha they all come out tomorrow. can't wait!
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    toronado10 wrote:
    I think we need to get a few shows into this tour before we call this show 'unreal' or get too hyped up about some of these songs. Its great to see garden back in the setlist, I hope it makes a nice return. but I think that
    this will be a fairly standard setlist for this tour.
    ok, i always wanted to hear garden...this in not the real garden...its so changed up, i couldnt even hum along to the song, let alone sing it

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    Opening: My Morning Jacket
    Set List: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Better Man, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go
    1st encore: Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive
    2nd encore: Porch, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

I WISH I WAS AS FORTUNATE AS TORONTO 1 AUDIENCE
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Wow....sounds awesome.

Was Boom there?
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    lokiloki Posts: 40
    Did Ed warm up the crowd with anything(pre-show)?
    6/14/98, 9/4/00, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 7/6/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    that's a pretty badass setlist

Edit: No Riot Act songs?

No Riot Act songs. That's what made it badass.
  • Options
    willig7willig7 Posts: 11
    Haven't seen this posted yet... Before they hit the stage (with lights still on) they pumped in the intro to Once over the house speakers for about 15 seconds.

Is it just me or could you also do without betterman ? Missed RVM last night, still waiting to hear sonic reducer live. Oh well can't play everything.

Anyone know the tag (s) on Daughter ?. I didn't recognize it at all.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    There were no covers.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Great fuckin show. I sat 3rd row Mike's side, he was a fuckin bad ass lovin all the attention my section was giving him. When i look at the setlist it seems pretty short but man they rocked so fuckin hard, i walked away completely satisfied.
    Highlights: MAster slave intro, severed hand. Life wasted kicked ass. Why Go and Garden. Beautiful sing along to PResent Tense. Mike McCready playing a double neck twelve string on Inside Job. Come Back is an easy crowd pleaser

It was mike's one year wedding Annivarary last night. From where i was standing i had a perfect view of Mike's wife staring up at him mouthing "Love you Babe" as he gave her a wink and turned to play most of Ledbetter to her."

Great crowd, lots of energy amazing show. At the end of YL Stone grabbed a bunch of merchandise and threw it into the crowd
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    There were no covers.

You're from Canada?

Rockin' in the Free World is a cover of a Neil Young song.

He's Canadian, too. You should check him out sometime.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    willig7 wrote:
    Haven't seen this posted yet... Before they hit the stage (with lights still on) they pumped in the intro to Once over the house speakers for about 15 seconds.

Master/Slave intro? Interesting.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    just to answer some questions that were asked. Yes Boom was there. secondly, the setlist was great. sure there are many songs that we have heard before. but what do you want, they can't play every song that they have. i heard the 3 songs that i really wanted to hear i.e. Come Back, why go, and Garden. i have no theard these songs live in a long time. let's also be remember that this is a bad that changes their set list every concert. so the odds are you are going to hear different songs. secondly, at the last 2 concerts, a newspaper here (THE TORONTO SUN) gave them a bad review. this time, they said that this might have been one o fteh best concerts that this city has ever seen. that's big considering that we hosted 5 U2 concerts last year. And U2 puts on a great show. even if you don't like them. i think it would be hard for everyone to like a given set list because pearl jam has such a diverse range of music and all of us have our own fav. songs. hopfully, the concerts that everyone else goes to has what they are looking for. as for me, i love any time i can hear any Pearl jam song live.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    rhinomagic wrote:
    You're from Canada?

Rockin' in the Free World is a cover of a Neil Young song.

He's Canadian, too. You should check him out sometime.

personally, i consider Rockin' in the Free World a Pearl Jam song. I don't know the stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if they played the song more times then Neil did
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']ok, i always wanted to hear garden...this in not the real garden...its so changed up, i couldnt even hum along to the song, let alone sing it

It was definately a different version, but the crowd was singing along with the original version, so it was kinda cool. I was just glad that I actually got to see it live! I've been asking for this song for years, so my jaw litterally dropped when they started this bad-boy up!

Now lets just hope for a completely different setlist tomorrow night...still so many amazing songs that I wanna hear!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    INSIDE JOB!!! HOLY CRAP!! You lucky, lucky bastards. Wish I was in Canada last night! Looks like a good set list to me! Although I love Riot Act live and after four shows (Astoria, Letterman, Irving, and Toronto 1) only one song has been played. The tour is young and is going to be great. Now I just have to secure some tickets to the Jersey shows!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    bgirl59 wrote:
    Okay---I am getting the idea---where is the setlist???
    Dear Deeve, I must say--in lieu of seeing the setlist, would you have stayed home if you knew there was no No Code, Yield or Binaural?
    PJ could play the New Pearl Jam Record and Encore with the freaking Star Spangled Banner in French if I could just go to the first show of the '06 WORLD TOUR--what is the list? Thanks always

HEhehe. Not a fucking chance. As you said, they could have gotten onstage and played the star spangled banner in french and I would have still have gone.

I have no regrets, I was just pointing out that I was a little dissapointed in the setlist. Not even remotely close to the point of having rather been somewhere else though. I was just mildly dissapointed is all.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    eyesnoeyeseyesnoeyes Posts: 50
    Just to be safe - this may be a bit of a SPOILER so if you don't want to know anything beyond setlists for shows, maybe don't read on...

This may be in another thread, but thought I'd post it here:
    One thing that no one has mentioned yet in this thread is that there was something at the PJ show last night that I NEVER thought I'd see...

LASERS

So freaking weird, they play Master/Slave over the loud speakers for more like one full minute, the band comes on and they are playing that weird music for the beginning of Severed Hand... the band puts on guitars, cranks into it, and there are lasers EVERYWHERE... it looked pretty fucking cool... they also used lasers and smoke (they have to use smoke or you can't see the lasers) for Inside Job at the beginning and it was like a Floyd Show...

Anyway, discuss... This will likely get a lot of panties in a knot, but in advance I would have thought it would have been a bit lame, but it was damn cool and Kille does a fucking fantastic job with the lights, glad she's back...

Oh, and the setlist was great - that was my 27th time seeing them, and it was thoroughly satisfying, I think those that want them to open with Leash, Satan's Bed, Bugs, Aye Davanita... are really aiming too high. Sure, the super hardcore fans want a lot of rarities but look around at the show, we are in the minority. The Canadian tour made me re-appreciate how damn cool the 'standards' are, and when I see fans in the upper deck jumping up and down all through Betterman which I'm hearing for like the 1000th time, I've just grown to appreciate how much fun those songs are for the MAJORITY of the crowd... and it's not hard to have fun with them if you let yourself...

Great Job Last night PJ, heading down right now for tonights show!
    'She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm...' R. Adams.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    i've decided that i willl stop liking even flow and all the standards when the band doesn't look like they want to play them ... until then - i'm gonna enjoy it as much as the previous thousand times ...

and like eyesnoeyes said - they gotta play that for the non-die hards ...
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Mr. Beeks wrote:
    I think there will be a lot less covers this time around. Their catalogue is just too big. To me it's always the song order that makes it special. One into the other into the other.
    The tour only gets better as it goes along so things are looking up.

Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    frogwater wrote:
    No Riot Act songs. That's what made it badass.

Riot Act jokes, that's original.
  • Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Pearl Jam with frickin' laser beams? Interesting...
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • Options
    W.M.EhW.M.Eh Posts: 133
    I was 29 rows back so don't flame me on this but I didn't see the BAT WINGS on stage last night.

Could somebody who was closer confirm?

Thanks
    The last PJ show I went to was the best PJ show ever, that is until they come around again of course