Options

Future Days single and tour dates teaser!

Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    oh yes!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Damn iTunes sales drove them (UMG) to go with Future Days :-q

YAY FOR TOUR DATES!!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Whooo come on MI dates! Surrounding states too - allows me to go for multiple shows!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhh
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited March 2014
    I hope they will acknowledge additional US dates to come, when they announce Lolla officially.
    Post edited by Noload on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    If they are playing Lollapalooza then these cities will most likely not see a show on the upcoming tour due to the radius clause.

The controversial radius clauses prohibit Lollapalooza acts ranging from the top headliners to the smallest "baby bands" at the bottom of the bill from playing anywhere else in the Chicago area for months before and after their appearance at Lollapalooza in August. Sources have said that the most extreme of these clauses stretch from six months before Lollapalooza to three months after it, and that they encompass a 300-mile radius -- which would include concert markets as far away as Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa City, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I can't believe that is true. Future Days as a single? A single???? It is the third single though so it won't get much radio play anyway I guess.
  • Options
    Noload said:

I hope they will acknowledge additional US dates to come, when they announce Lolla officially.

It is by no means official, just a rumor
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    rather like future days and definitely see radio appeal
  • Options

I can't believe that is true. Future Days as a single? A single???? It is the third single though so it won't get much radio play anyway I guess.

I think Lightning Bolt was the third single. Future Days will be 4th.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

seems in the digital age they are all singles
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    So far "officially" from PearlJam.com, there are only 2 official singles released. And they are Mind Your Manners & Sirens. Since then there has been burned CDR copies of Getaway being released, and many radio stations playing Lightning Bolt confirming it's Pearl Jam's 3rd single, that was even posted on Replublic's website. Now we have word that PJ's newest single will be Future Day's? What's going on? :/
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

seems in the digital age they are all singles
    Yup
    :-?

Amazing that they have sold 400K copies of LB and 280K singles. That's like a quarter of a million album sales lost to digital singles.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Wohoooo! Let it be some Midwest fall dates!!!
  • Options

The decision was completely driven by the crazy amount of iTunes sales (of Future Days).
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I would shit my pants if PJ acknowledged MN. It will have been eight years since their last concert here.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options

The copy in the pic above says, "follow up single to the #1 hit Sirens". Not sure LB was ever considered a single, even though we saw some rumblings (over seas) a little while ago...
  • Options

The copy in the pic above says, "follow up single to the #1 hit Sirens". Not sure LB was ever considered a single, even though we saw some rumblings (over seas) a little while ago...
    I've heard LB on the radio many times on the DC and Baltimore stations. I think there was a thread about it being the 3rd single on here for a while.

Either way, the only thing that matters in that post is there are tour dates mentioned.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited March 2014

I would shit my pants if PJ acknowledged MN. It will have been eight years since their last concert here.

OOOOH 8 whole years... 14 years in NM. :)

Of course Future Days was bound to be a single at some point. They played it on Grey's Anatomy.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Future Days :-& but tour dates \:D/
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    edited March 2014
    They're not gonna play Lollapalooza. They are rumored for every festival on the planet every year.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I thought Lolla was announced yesterday? and it was all shit.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

They're not gonna play Lollapalooza. They are rumored for every festival on the planet every year.

We will know very soon about that one
  • Options

I thought Lolla was announced yesterday? and it was all shit.

Good. ..was hoping they wouldn't play it
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244

Except for the fact that Lolla is tweeting about PJ......
  • Options
    Here's another tidbit I just posted on the Lolla Rumors thread:http://www.1057thepoint.com/Music-News/story.aspx?ID=2140866

Looks like Matt is freeing up his time this summer and sitting out on the upcoming Soundgarden tour...more fuel to add to this rumor mill!
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    Wow. This comes as a surprise to me since Lightning Bolt (the song) is heading for the Top 15 in Modern Rock charts and just entered the Alt rock charts. Then again, the above says "Impacting AAA on 4/7", which is a slightly different format from Modern Rock and Alt Rock.

To me, it sounds like we have concurrent third/fourth singles w/ Lightning Bolt / Future Days. I am definitely very excited about a new video and tour dates! This is good news.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244

Here's another tidbit I just posted on the Lolla Rumors thread:http://www.1057thepoint.com/Music-News/story.aspx?ID=2140866

Looks like Matt is freeing up his time this summer and sitting out on the upcoming Soundgarden tour...more fuel to add to this rumor mill!

Matt announced this long ago.....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Terrible choice for a single - the worst possible - but I'm intrigued by the tour dates.... where oh where will they be? :-?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata