Options

*** Brooklyn 1 Fanviews Here 10/18/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Get_Right wrote:
    cra5hed wrote:
    Let me rephrase. I felt the sound/acc could have been better from where I was. Impressive forum.
    The sound was the one bad thing about the show
    At times it was terrible
    Wow... Where were you sitting? From the floor it was fantastic
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    Just a note that 21-24 were seated.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    meme wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    cra5hed wrote:
    Let me rephrase. I felt the sound/acc could have been better from where I was. Impressive forum.
    The sound was the one bad thing about the show
    At times it was terrible
    Wow... Where were you sitting? From the floor it was fantastic
    lower bowl directly across from the stage
    the sound was just not good at times

What a blast though
  • Options
    knowkodesknowkodes Posts: 119
    My 40th PJ show - one of the best! Some great songs Crown of Thorns, I am Mine, Oceans and Release - Would have liked a few more less played songs - Band definitely brought the enegy. My only criticism was that there were not enough of the Bklyn shirts, which I think were sold as they were printed.
    * New Orleans-1995* Randall's Island-Sep 28,29 1996* Phoenix 1998* Las Vegas 1998* Los Angeles 1998* Blockbuster Center-Aug 28,29 1998* Continental Arena-1998* MSG- Sep 10,11 1998* Jones Beach -Aug 23,24,25 2000* E-Centre 2000* Nassau Coliseum 2003* Tweeter Center 2003* MSG-Jul 08,09 2003* PNC 2003* Reading, PA 2004* PNC 2005* Camden 2006* Meadwlands-2006* Continental Arena 2006* MSG-Jun 24,25 2008* Dodge Music Center 2008* Tweeter Center 2008* Phil.-Oct 28,30 2009* Hartford-2010* The Prudential Center-2010

• Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    Band went on about 8:25 or so.

This was show 30 or so for me and the first time I have seen them on a regular tour stop since 06.

Last night was definitely one of my all-time faves despite the fact that I have never had "worse" seats to a PJ show. I was behind the stage, way up high, but it did not diminish my experience in any way and the sound was fantastic. I put worse in quotes because I am at a point that the shows to me are more about sharing time with an old friend, which is what I consider the band. Sure I would have rather been on the rail and high-fiving ed and all that stuff but I don't need that anymore. I appreciate every night I get with these guys because they always bring it and there are not many other bands out there who play the number and diversity of songs in a single show than PJ does. Never lose sight of how much of a gift that is, since most bands cant or won't do the same.

Side note, because we were behind the projection screens and thus saw reverse images all night, everyone in the band looked left-handed, which was quirky and kinda cool every time I looked up there.

Notes on the setlist:
    All of the new songs sounded great. All of them.
    The Pendulum/Release/Elderly Woman opening combo was the very first indicator that this show would be what it was. Fantastic way to kick things off.
    I Am Mine was one of the best versions I have heard of that song.
    Mike playing Eruption... Nothing more need be said...
    Chloe/Crown, Oceans and Sleight of Hand all in the same show. Ed said before they played SLeight that they don't play that song enough. I agree, it was fucking beautiful last night.
    The Alive/Sonic Reducer/Indifference closing combo ended things as well as they started.

Every song was outstanding, and some old favorites had new life. I literally don't know how they will top tonight but I will be just as grateful and inspired by tonight's show either way.

I love this band.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Another great looking set list and I'm sure the show was fantastic.

How they are going to sustain these set lists and out-do themselves for the rest of the tour is beyond me. How are they going to have anything left in the tank for Leg 2??? :lol:

Lucky people in Brooklyn last night.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Show was amazing. Loved Indifference as the closer instead of the more common Rockin' or Yellow Ledbetter endings.

Getting the tickets before the show was a little confusing as there was no indication of where to pick up the tickets. I had to keep asking people if "is this the 10c ticket line"?

The usher told me the sound is good if in the lower bowl but bad in the boonies. I'll find out today as I will be sitting in 210. Yesterday I was in 122 and the sound was terrific.

What do you think the chances are that they get Jay Z to come out for 99 Problems mashup again????? In my experience it is the second show in NYC that has some guest come out and play or something memorable happen.
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Great show. Fantastic set. The songs really had a great flow - loved the placement of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns in the first set, and Oceans to start the encores! Cant wait to see what they do tomorrow night!!

DIdnt have great seats for photos, but a few came out ok:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 707156434/

These are great. Thanks for posting them.
  • Options
    Although I have listened to them for more tan 20 years, this was my first show. Simply Awesome!! Release, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, Alive, and Eruption... Absolutely sick show. Can't wait for the next one.
  • Options
    Awesome show. Had GA tickets and was standing about 3 people deep between Ed and Stone's mic stands. Incredible to be that close. I've been to 20 or so shows and it was the first time I was lucky enough to land tickets that let me get that close. New songs sound great. Mind Your Manners tears it up live. Mike doing Eruption was incredible. Release was incredible...Alive...Got Some...ah, hell, everything.

For those of you asking about why Ed was pissed at the beginning of Alive I think what happened is that his bottle of wine had a crack in the mouth of it. He started screaming and gesturing with the wine bottle at someone off stage during the guitar intro to the song. Then he threw the bottle down and for most of the song was stalking around stage looking incredibly pissed. At the end of the song, he picked the bottle up again and started running his fingers around the mouth of the bottle, like he was feeling for the crack. Then he picked up a mug with tea in it that he had up there, dumped out the tea, and filled it up with the wine and started drinking from that. I'm pretty sure whoever popped the cork on the bottle chipped the mouth of it and that was what he was pissed about.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Drunkest I've ever seen Ed. We were on the side of the stage about 50 ft away and he was just letting loose. Also, Johnny MacEnroe was below us and gave us a wave.

On the same level as the Pitt show for me I think. Damn good time, the place was rockin.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    lower bowl directly across from the stage
    the sound was just not good at times

What a blast though

I hope I have good sound tonight... 200 something, the little triangle above Mike. I am usually very picky with sound, but I know it can change dramatically depending on position. From the floor, I could not hear the crowd very well, but by the look of them they seemed pretty into it :)

I want to tell the South American fan that I am Italian, and the NYC crowd usually do indeed rival ours :)
  • Options
    Band went on about 8:25 or so.

This was show 30 or so for me and the first time I have seen them on a regular tour stop since 06.

Last night was definitely one of my all-time faves despite the fact that I have never had "worse" seats to a PJ show. I was behind the stage, way up high, but it did not diminish my experience in any way and the sound was fantastic. I put worse in quotes because I am at a point that the shows to me are more about sharing time with an old friend, which is what I consider the band. Sure I would have rather been on the rail and high-fiving ed and all that stuff but I don't need that anymore. I appreciate every night I get with these guys because they always bring it and there are not many other bands out there who play the number and diversity of songs in a single show than PJ does. Never lose sight of how much of a gift that is, since most bands cant or won't do the same.

Side note, because we were behind the projection screens and thus saw reverse images all night, everyone in the band looked left-handed, which was quirky and kinda cool every time I looked up there.

Notes on the setlist:
    All of the new songs sounded great. All of them.
    The Pendulum/Release/Elderly Woman opening combo was the very first indicator that this show would be what it was. Fantastic way to kick things off.
    I Am Mine was one of the best versions I have heard of that song.
    Mike playing Eruption... Nothing more need be said...
    Chloe/Crown, Oceans and Sleight of Hand all in the same show. Ed said before they played SLeight that they don't play that song enough. I agree, it was fucking beautiful last night.
    The Alive/Sonic Reducer/Indifference closing combo ended things as well as they started.

Every song was outstanding, and some old favorites had new life. I literally don't know how they will top tonight but I will be just as grateful and inspired by tonight's show either way.

I love this band.

Agreed on all counts! Too funny about the reverse images :)

The only song that sounded off to me was Life Wasted. Or is it a new version?
  • Options
    Two words for the reason the venue is ruined....MILEY CYRUS!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,074
    Two words for the reason the venue is ruined....MILEY CYRUS!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Two words it's not - Kevin Garnett.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

Hey Xavier, were you in section F4?
  • Options
    meme wrote:

Hey Xavier, were you in section F4?

I was, row eight near the visiting team benches for basketball.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options

I was 3-4 people to your right. You looked familiar, but I didn't realize how I had met you (a few years back) until I saw your screen name :)

Also, here are some of my highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAVQWnmdT0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdn6s9r7ac
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq81H3f9A4M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvMhijaVsQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJANgWTPqvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LKwmP7LrM
  • Options
    Ed was pissed last night.
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    A few quick thoughts. I was in section 17, 12 rows up from the floor. Sec 17 is across the arena from the stage on Mike's side. The bass was way too high on some songs and drowned out the guitar. It was evident on Why Go? and Sleight of Hand.

Anyway, huge VH fan, if you cannot tell by my board name, so seeing Mike play Eruption was awesome!
    Hearing Chloe Dancer with Crown this time was sweet!
    Oceans was the first song I ever saw them perform live on Sept 8 1998 in NJ. Tonight was the second time...32 shows later. I thought I would never hear it again. tremendous!

32 shows, at least one song I have never heard live each time (often multiples). Pretty easy to do last night with a new record out, but to me, still speaks volumes as to why this band is so incredible live.

See you all later...
  • Options
    Had GA tickets, and it was a very well organized line, thank you fellow PJ fans. The venue did a good job with GA admittance too overall. Do yourself a favor and take all your stuff out of your pockets, etc and the line goes smoother for everyone.

I was second row between Ed and Stone, just behind the 100th show guy. Great people in our little area, many had been closeby to us in the line, and everyone was into the whole setlist. Wonderful time meeting the guy from Venice, the dudes from Suffolk Cty, and the couple from Lake George, and hanging with my PJ bestie Paola.

Some huge bull of a guy got removed during Sirens, and he was not going down without a fight; it was a bit scarey - the guy looked like he was messed up on drugs in the brief moments I saw him wildly resisting a huge security guy.

Ed did have at least 1 guitar crap out on him, and he was having other difficulties, then something was wrong with his wine - and he started dumping it all over the stage and slamming the mic stand. But his temper did fuel some excellent singing and later some swinging. :lol:

Setlist:
    Loved Pendulum-Release opener, loved Indifference for the closer.
    Highlights for being included in the setlist - Oceans, Chloe/Crown, Got Some, Save You, I am Mine, Let The Records Play

New songs all sound great - I especially am loving Pendulum, MindYM, Swallowed and Infallible

The run of Why Go, Swallowed Whole,I Am Mine, Infallible and GTF was nonstop awesome; and then another amazing sprint through SPTBC, Chloe Dancer/Crown, Save You, Let The Records Play, DTE and RVM.

Then with Got Some into Porch things went wild - Jeff started the swinging lights, Ed smashed one, then was kicking over the stage lights, then swinging on another of the ball lights - there was some real unpredictable stuff going on at that point.

Can't say enough for how much Mike is on fire. In some interview Mike mentioned re-learning Eddie VanHalen, and our boy has mastered it. Eruption was mind boggling to see and hear. I had a good view of Stone, and he was having a great night too. He seemed to be enjoying/surprised at how intense the crowd was during DTE and a few other times.

Merch logistics - the merch was open early - earlier than the 10club pickup windows, so you can get your goodies and then take them back to your car/hotel, etc.

For Brooklyn night 2 we have seats. I am hoping they bust out Get Away. But after last night's setlist, I have few guesses for what may be on the setlist, and I'm sure I will love it either way.
  • Options
    Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    I have a serious PJ hangover from last night. Well worth it. I was in Sec 28, side stage on Mike's side. 13 rows back. Amazing view point. Sound was great from there. Had these asshole drunks who were standing in the aisle right next to me who kept getting asked to move and then kept coming back. There were smoking some awful smelling dirt weed (with maybe something else laced in there) and literally didn't watch a second of the show. They were yelling with each other, spilling beer all over the place and being downright morons. Aside from those low souls, the show was outstanding.

I have never heard the band so tight. Ed was on FIRE. He sounded amazing. Loved the unpredictability. The light surfing during Porch was sick. Cannot get Pendulum out of my head. What a great song and a great opener. Mixed on the new stuff. MYM absolutely killed while Sirens is no better live than on the record IMO. Swallowed Whole was meh. LB was okay and Infallible I thought was pretty good. LTRP was meh as well. I just don't think the new songs are that good other than a handful. Would have loved to have heard Getaway. We'll probably get that one tonight.

Spin the black Circle was awesome. So was Got Some. That's a great live song. Cordoroy killed and Mike's van halen solo while Ed went backstage to check on what happened to his guitar, was insane. Mike was so hot last night. All in all a fantastic show.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • Options
    ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 568
    This was my 8th show I must say this set was the most different set of seen. It was fantastic. The 10c GA pit is the best thing this band has ever done. Thank u PJ. Ed sounded great and u could tell this was no ordinary show. tonight will be insane, theyre gonna have to go nuts to top last night!!!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    it was a really good show. Oceans to open 1st encore was special, Sleight, Release as seconder all nice stuff. I loved the Eruption to Spin to Chloe to Crown to Save you- That was the highlight for me. Had they not played Let the Record Play and went from Save You straight to DTE to RVM it would have been :shock:

tonight will rock for closer to 3 hours.

Special big thanks to Guac Joe. Good lookin out and much obliged.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    First time ever writing a fan view after 77 shows, but I will try to after each show this tour. PJ are the greatest R&R band on the planet. Pendulum sounds perfect as an opener. I hope so many others will catch this song live. Release and Oceans in the same show?! Are you kidding? How cool is it the band honors so many fan requests. They truly spoil us and we are grateful.

Songs like Given to Fly, RVM, and Porch sounded so, so good. Chloe/Crown was special. The transition between songs was flawless. Mike was killing it last night. He had such a great sound during Crown, can't wait to hear that again on the bootleg. He was on fire, as usual. Such a pro. Cordury solo was tight and Eruption was magic - with his eyes closed even! Ed's voice is in great shape and it was nice to see Jeff and Stone into the music so much.

Other highlights included Yellow Moon - personal favorite on the new LP, Sleight of Hand, Porch, and Sonic Reducer. I hope Porch is played every night with Ed swinging and singing from the lights. SO COOL.

Taking my wife tonight for her only show this tour. We both are hoping for Hard To Imagine and Long Road. I'm 0 for my last 53 trying to catch Long Road. Haven't heard it in nearly a decade. Both songs are special to us, so we are hoping for some setlist luck tonight.

What a great band! All in attendance should consider themselves fortunate. So many other bands phone it in, play maybe 20 songs tops, usually the same songs night after night, and don't even release new music. PJ are the best. I hope others realize how fortunate we are.
  • Options
    meme wrote:

I was 3-4 people to your right. You looked familiar, but I didn't realize how I had met you (a few years back) until I saw your screen name :)

Also, here are some of my highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAVQWnmdT0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdn6s9r7ac
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq81H3f9A4M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvMhijaVsQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJANgWTPqvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LKwmP7LrM

so you were next to those two guys (the heavy guy and the guy with grey/white hair) that were smoking at various points?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    What a show! Finally catching my breath. One of the rare concerts that I have not listened to ANY music (other than a bit at after party) so I can continue to soak it all in. Last night had a very Pink Floyd feel to it, especially the 2nd set - Oceans, Yellow Moon, SoH :o :shock: :D

To be honest Just Breathe was actually a very nice "break" at that point. Perfect timing and Ed was really into it.

My story for the night - I took my 23 yo nephew to his first PJ show last night. Well, earlier in the day between bars we were "getting ready" at his apt, and I told him the history of the band. He's a fan, but not like us nuts. Though he works in the music industry and he's really into the history of it all. So when I get to the point about Andy he cues up....yep....on his computer. Well, I add - never going to happen tonight, but if it does you will see the crowd go bonkers. Well, as soon as Ed starts alluding to Andy at the show, I turn to my nephew and just give the ol :shock: "Holy Shit!" :shock: they're doing it!!!!!! It was great to be able to put it all in context for him before the show, but :shock: honestly wasn't even a glimmer of hope when I was telling him the story.

So, his first show, he gets Release as a 2nd opener, Chloe full/Crown, Oceans/Yellow Moon/Sleight killer Porch and killer RVM.Yikes! lots and lots of other great stuff, but you can read the setlist.

Nice to see Angry Ed back! Where ya been, buddy? He broke the stage with his mic stand. Put a hole in the floor. :lol:

Oh, and btw, if you've never seen Chloe/Crown or Sleight of Hand, I highly recommend it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Sounds like an AMAZING night! Great set, just blown away when I saw it this morning. So happy everybody seemed to have a great night. What a start to the tour, sorry West Coast. Hopefully they leave some gas in the tank for you guys but they're playing out of their fucking minds right now!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611

Nice to see Angry Ed back! Where ya been, buddy? He broke the stage with his mic stand. Put a hole in the floor. :lol:

Oh, and btw, if you've never seen Chloe/Crown or Sleight of Hand, I highly recommend it.

What song did Angry Ed make an appearance! Glad to hear he's alive and well! :lol:
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    i want angry eddie to play BROTHER tonight.

Come on you pussies PLAY BROTHER!