Options

Pearl Jam Ivy?? Addison bus stop

CB-12.1.93CB-12.1.93 Posts: 43
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Don't know if anyone noticed this, but on my way to work today I saw a strange ad at the eastbound bus stop on Addison at the red line (near Wrigley). I was in a hurry, but it was covered with Pearl Jam window clings. They were made to look like Ivy and said "Pearl Jam #PearlJam2013 Take me" on them. It may have a message underneath it, but I didn't have time to try to figure out what it was and also didn't want to take all the window clings. I did take one. So if there are any Pearl Jam fans in lakeview (or Chicago) go grab one yourself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    CB-12.1.93 wrote:
    Don't know if anyone noticed this, but on my way to work today I saw a strange ad at the eastbound bus stop on Addison at the red line (near Wrigley). I was in a hurry, but it was covered with Pearl Jam window clings. They were made to look like Ivy and said "Pearl Jam #PearlJam2013 Take me" on them. It may have a message underneath it, but I didn't have time to try to figure out what it was and also didn't want to take all the window clings. I did take one. So if there are any Pearl Jam fans in lakeview (or Chicago) go grab one yourself.
    Please!!!!! Can some one grab me one?!?!?
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Well that's cool! Lets see it!! :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    CB-12.1.93 wrote:

Damn, you just beat me to it! :lol:

If anyone can help me out and grab one for me it would be much appreciated! :D
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Saw one at the Eastbound Bus station right outside of the Addison Red Line El stop. The other one was facing both ways at the bus stop at School & Clark (just north of the Belmont El Stop).

http://instagram.com/p/bU86mLkpVG/#

Window clings aren't more than "Take Me" and #PearlJam2013 messages, but still pretty awesome execution for advertising. Especially for a show that has been sold out for a while.

pjad0.jpg
    pjad1.jpg
    pjad2.jpg
    pjad3.jpg
    pjad4.jpg
  • Options
    Also, thanks for the head's up! Wrigleyville's quiet tonight, so I'd imagine a lot of those will be available for grabs into tomorrow.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    tschav wrote:
    Also, thanks for the head's up! Wrigleyville's quiet tonight, so I'd imagine a lot of those will be available for grabs into tomorrow.
    Please again.. Can someone out there get me one?!
  • Options
    pearl jam window clings on ebay in 5...4....3....2.......
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    Someone please grab one for themselves and know that I'm going to be happy for you. And then, when you have it, don't worry about having to give it to me.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
    tschav wrote:
    Saw one at the Eastbound Bus station right outside of the Addison Red Line El stop. The other one was facing both ways at the bus stop at School & Clark (just north of the Belmont El Stop).

http://instagram.com/p/bU86mLkpVG/#

Window clings aren't more than "Take Me" and #PearlJam2013 messages, but still pretty awesome execution for advertising. Especially for a show that has been sold out for a while.

pjad0.jpg
    pjad1.jpg
    pjad2.jpg
    pjad3.jpg
    pjad4.jpg

That is pretty cool. Especially the leaves. Hopefully there's one for London with the Canadian red leaves.

If there's more of these around, hopefully trained PJ ninjas are willing to help us score one of these leaves / posters. :shh:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    This is very cool. I just thought too, it's kind of like the brick wall & words behind the guys arms on the Ten cover? Maybe? That's quite a neat, subtle reference/flashback.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    CB-12.1.93 wrote:

Done. PM me your address!
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    CB-12.1.93 wrote:

Damn, you just beat me to it! :lol:

If anyone can help me out and grab one for me it would be much appreciated! :D

PM your address to me too
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Would love to have one of these as well!
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I would love to get my hands on one of those too. If someone can help please send me a PM. It would be much appreciated!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    It would be cool to get me hands on one of these. Would trade a few PJ stickers for one.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Would also love one! After all those above me are covered, I can offer trades as well- stickers, DVDs, etc. :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the PMs. Right now I do not have any more extra, but I will see what I can do. I knew I should have grabbed more last night, but didnt want to feel greedy. In the meantime, if there are any Wrigleyville dwellers that live close that can help some people out that would be amazing.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Thanks everyone for the PMs. Right now I do not have any more extra, but I will see what I can do. I knew I should have grabbed more last night, but didnt want to feel greedy. In the meantime, if there are any Wrigleyville dwellers that live close that can help some people out that would be amazing.

Thanks for a grabbing some extras. These look like a pretty cool souvenir to have.

You're a good dude!! :thumbup:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    I would love a window cling! If anyone happens to have an extra please let me know.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    Very innovative advertising!
    Curious: Does ivy have some sort of Wrigley significance?
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    green_girl wrote:

Yep - the outfield (brick) wall is covered in ivy leaves. It's both beautiful, and historic. I'd attach a picture if I could, but my terrible computer skills and Mac computer make it tough.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    green_girl wrote:

The outfield wall at wrigley is covered in ivy...
    Only ballpark to be this way
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    thats friggin sweet :mrgreen:
    ajb
  • Options
    Wow! I love that!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Ah cool. I didn't know the significance of the ivy either but yay, that's extra cool now then. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    That's awesome, if anyone gets a ton of them if be interested too, could give a little $$ or trade something.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I wonder what the purpose for this kind of advertising is. They already sold out the show... :?: I mean, that's a really cool idea for an ad! I've never seen anything like it... I just don't quite get why they did it. I guess it must be a way to bring attention to them so it's already there on album release day.

Oh, and yes, if someone has an extra post-it thingy, I wouldn't mind having one as a souvenir. :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    *bumped this to the top of the 3rd page
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I wonder what the purpose for this kind of advertising is. They already sold out the show... :?: I mean, that's a really cool idea for an ad! I've never seen anything like it... I just don't quite get why they did it. I guess it must be a way to bring attention to them so it's already there on album release day.

Oh, and yes, if someone has an extra post-it thingy, I wouldn't mind having one as a souvenir. :wave:

The ads just have a genuine love for Wrigley... taking away the ivy leaves a thank you message for everyone else. With this countdown thing and the band going all hashtag campaign, I think it might also be a little momentum for any more tour/album announcements in the weeks to come.

What it looks like in the daytime...
    pjad5.jpg